FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Bench and Stool with Pics...
Bench and Stool with Pics...
TOMBURNS

Posted: 2013-04-08 12:37 pm   Permalink

Sorry, could not figure out how to do pics...

I buy, renovate and sell 50s and 60s ranch houses in Atlanta and recently bought a bunch of MCM stuff from a house. I am familiar with Witco maps, but not so much on Tiki items. Included in the lot I bought was a stool with red cushion and a two-seated bench with aqua cushions. It was an estate and the whole house literally looked like the 60s. Is anyone familiar with these pieces? Any idea of value? I was primarily interested in the tables and chairs, but they wanted to sell it all as a group. Let me know and thanks!!!!! TOM

View Profile of TOMBURNS Send a personal message to TOMBURNS      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 1:31 pm   Permalink

I have a shop that I sell that stuff out of all of the time. That bench two seat thing usually goes for $3400, and I've never seen the stool go for less than $1900 in my place or any other, when sold alone. The whole original set with the matching table usually hits the low $20k's. Last year I sold those two pices (with matching seat colors)and a Viking ship wall hanger to a guy in Japan for $7500. I did throw in a free hippo stool with that.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-08 4:04 pm   Permalink

The stools typically go for $75-$85; that bench maybe $200 or so. But it all depends...

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-09 5:17 pm   Permalink

W0W-that bench is cooooool

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-09 8:13 pm   Permalink

Gheez Buzzy.
By suggesting prices like that in such a believable and convincing manner it's bound to give him a greedy thought to get them priced to sell at those figures,thus causing a stampede of inflated priced Witco to flood the market by the owners who see dollar signs and huge profit margins on their garage sale finds .
Only to cause a Witco bubble to occur.Then the inevitable bursting, causing a spiraling downward drop in prices resulting in a ,dare i say it, Recession of Witco .

Oh the horror,

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-09 10:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-09 20:13, closettiki wrote:
resulting in a ,dare i say it, Recession of Witco .

Oh the horror,

That's why I'm trying to unload my entire showroom of Witco right now. I want to be liquid enough at the time to invest in forever stamps the day before the price of them goes up.

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation