Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Tiki Triptych
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 03:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-04-10 16:45, Gwen wrote:
He was napping.

He must be one hell of a heavy sleeper then!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 09:55 am   Permalink

Gwen,

Your painting skill is awesome. The colors are perfect. Keep posting, I'd like to see more.

One question. Why are Boo's ears down? Does he since the Pterodactyl's are ready to attack?

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-11 10:42 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words, oh creator of beautiful lamps. Boo is a chronically relaxed individual and generally wears his ears in a casually flopped back mode. The pterodactyls approach only to pay tribute.
Quote:

On 2013-04-11 09:55, TikiPops wrote:
Gwen,

Your painting skill is awesome. The colors are perfect. Keep posting, I'd like to see more.

One question. Why are Boo's ears down? Does he since the Pterodactyl's are ready to attack?

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-03 11:18 am   Permalink

I have been busy with commissions and such, but I finally got a chance to finish up my triptych, and here it is. I am pretty pleased with it overall. Again ( for those who might not be catching this thread from the beginning), these paintings were created specifically to hang in my own dog-centric home, amidst other humorous portraits of my own dogs.

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-03 11:39 am   Permalink

I think they look great Gwen. Very well done.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 4:58 pm   Permalink

Beautiful. Love the harmonious colors and tones. Your "demidog" or backwards god looks right at home with the other gods. I probably said it before but your work has a very 1940's illustrator feel that I really dig.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-04 09:32 am   Permalink

We'll have to see photos of it up!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-04 10:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-04 09:32, Hale Tiki wrote:
We'll have to see photos of it up!

That can be arranged. I will try to get a shot of it later today.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-04 11:00 am   Permalink

Looks good. Nicely done.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-04 12:36 pm   Permalink

You clearly are talented, Gwen.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-04 12:41 pm   Permalink

Nice job, I love the concept. I know there is no "dog" in Tiki and no "Tiki" in dog, but so many of us have 4 legged critters and Tikis...there is a cross-over for us.

Do you do commissions?

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-04 1:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-04 12:41, VampiressRN wrote:
Nice job, I love the concept. I know there is no "dog" in Tiki and no "Tiki" in dog, but so many of us have 4 legged critters and Tikis...there is a cross-over for us.

Do you do commissions?

Thanks for the kind words. You express my sentiments exactly. And yes, you bet I do commissions. I am generally working on at least one.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-04 2:04 pm   Permalink

Great triptych Gwen!
The colors and the soft mood of it...
and who cares about the Tiki/Dog issue
a great piece is a great piece...
Bravo!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-04 2:37 pm   Permalink

By the way, I find that it is really impossible to get a decent pic of the paintings hanging indoors. It is just not bright enough in there.

Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-17 5:31 pm   Permalink

Awesome piece Gwen! Beautiful execution & craftsmanship. I especially like the values you chose for the painting. Very pleasant to look at. Great job.

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation