Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Room Mural Help
Tiki Room Mural Help
Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-11 3:49 pm   Permalink

Mahalo! After relocating to our first house and having our first baby, the wife and I are finally getting around to creating our new tiki lounge. As the backdrop for the bar itself...I'd like to do an old fashioned multi-layered glass mural showcasing a scenic view of Hawaii or some other real (or imaginary) island scene.

I'll be adding color changing lights to mimic sunset...the whole nine yards.

Trouble is...I'm having a HELL of a time finding the appropriate image. It needs to be wide...bit not overally tall (approx proportions are 6' wide by 18" tall or 4:1). I'd like it to be an historic or famous image...not just something you'd see on a Corona advert.

Anybody out there with any ideas? I'm throwing this one to the Tiki Gods in hope for inspiration!

Thanks!
Hearn

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 4:11 pm   Permalink

I did a Google search for "Hawaii Panorama" and there are some amazing photos that could be used. If they are too tall you could always crop them to focus on best parts. Also, if not wide enough you could probably photoshop some palm trees at either end. Just a thought.

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hearn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-11 4:45 pm   Permalink

Hmmm....panorama was a word I did NOT use...good idea...thanks!

View Profile of Hearn Send a personal message to Hearn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-11 5:04 pm   Permalink

Keep us posted. Sounds like a great project!

Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-12 6:16 pm   Permalink

I eventually plan on doing a beachy flamingo diorama above my kitchen shelves and saved this site as the have some nice scenes and size options.

http://www.muralsyourway.com/beach-tropical-murals/

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation