FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Congratz Amy New Tiki mag Editor!!!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Congratz Amy New Tiki mag Editor!!!
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-20 11:45 am   Permalink

When I first knew of you by seeing the custom made Hot wheel tiki car and matching mug
you made for your parties way back when, I thought you were an A type, driven, can do person.
Over the years seeing the many things you have done Tiki and non Tiki I now know you
are an A type, driven, can do person.

If you can do only half of what you did at Shelby Cobra for Tiki we will soon see
Tiki joints popping up all over the place.

Congratz!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-20 1:21 pm   Permalink

I second that! Amy is a stand up person who does what she loves. Not only she does what she loves, but she's good at it too... She is a great fit!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2013-04-20 2:37 pm   Permalink

Definitely appreciate all Amy does for Tiki...she has her heart in it and she is a "do it" person for sure. Kudos to Amy & Ray for such wonderful support of this fabulous community.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-21 2:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks All, I really be more of the publisher. I will help, but we will keep the Tiki Going and build on the great Magazine that Nick and his team built. We and add some new colunms on things we all love. Our first edition is fall and we hope to have 4 editions a year. we will be digital and hrd copy as well. We hope to spread out more and we have some great writers who you all know standing by.

I will update more when I can

thanks again

Skip....A personality??? lol

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2013-04-21 14:07 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-21 9:56 pm   Permalink

Yes! Congradulations Amy. That plan sounds great. Will be looking forward to future issues.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 9:03 pm   Permalink

Digital availability?! Awesome! I've been waiting for that!

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 04:51 am   Permalink

Tiki hits the digital age - inevitable, a much needed step! Many Mahalos to Nick and his team for doing a stellar job so far - the most recent issue being a great example!:

Nick and current cover artist Dawn Frazier at the recent International Tiki Marketplace

Today's Tiki culture lives through the commitment and passion of true Tikiphiles, be it artists or organizers, and Amy has proven herself as such a driving force in the community many times over - I couldn't imagine a better successor to the tradition of Tiki Magazine!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 09:20 am   Permalink

Congrats, Amy! Looking forward to seeing what you bring to an already great magazine!

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-04 10:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks to Nick for so much during so many years.

Amy, thank you for taking on the cause. Looking forward to the next issue.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-05 8:06 pm   Permalink

Congrats Amy! Ooh, I can already hear the wheels turning from here!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-06 04:11 am   Permalink

I was remiss in this first post not to thank Nick for starting this
great magazine in the first place, and for keeping it going.
Also all the behind the scenes people that worked on Tiki Mag and
helped put it together.
Great job all!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 04:14 am   Permalink

We are going to miss you Nick!
unless this gives you more time to show up at get togethers
then we are going see you soon!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 1:34 pm   Permalink

Nick, we'll miss you, but I think the magazine will be in good hands with Amy! So glad the wonderful Tiki mag will carry on! I have just about every issue so far.

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 01:02 am   Permalink

Aloha everyone. The next issue of Tiki Magazine is going to be very special because it will be the last issue with Nick at the helm. It will come out in August, just in time for Tiki Oasis! After that issue, Amy and her crew will take over, and we are looking forward to seeing where she takes Tiki Magazine next. It's wonderful that it will continue on. Mahalo for all your support and words of encouragement over the years.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 01:18 am   Permalink

Kari, will you be staying on with the magazine?

I remember just like it was yesterday seeing you & Nick at Tiki events
and you coming up to me to say "can you get your big head out of the picture"
or "your Hawaiian shirt is so loud you blowing out my colors" or that one time at TO
when you yelled at me "I am not a waitress, please stop ordering drinks from me!"

looking to many more years I hope.
Good times indeed

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation