[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Matson Cruise Lines Collection
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Matson Cruise Lines Collection
SBJiminyC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-29 10:36 am   Permalink

I was searching online for some Matson ephemera, and came across The Huntington Library's Digital Library web site. They seem to have a TON of Matson related Ephemera in their collection, which is view-able online here:

http://hdl.huntington.org/cdm/search/collection/p9539coll1/searchterm/Matson/order/nosort

Here is one example from the collection:

View Profile of SBJiminyC Send a personal message to SBJiminyC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 12:04 am   Permalink

Wow, thanks for the referral to that great Matson archive!

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lancelink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-31 11:39 am   Permalink

Anson Weeks LP with a nice photo of the Matsonia.

View Profile of lancelink Send a personal message to lancelink  Email lancelink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lancelink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-10 3:14 pm   Permalink

Kalaheo shirt with embroidered scene of Matson liner and outriggers.

View Profile of lancelink Send a personal message to lancelink  Email lancelink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 08:24 am   Permalink

We saw these at an antique store in Medford, Oregon this past week. We bought a set 15 years ago for $250. It was fun to see another set. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-08 8:07 pm   Permalink

Saw this ad today

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-10 07:49 am   Permalink

A couple of years ago I found these:

Vintage Pacific Far East Lines ashtray and Matson lighter

According to "Great Ship" website: The Matson Line's Lurline was built by Bethlehem Steel Corp., at its Quincy, Massachusetts shipyard. Launched in July 1932, she began her maiden voyage, a round-the-world cruise, on 27 January 1933. After returning from that trip, she entered Matson's regular San Francisco-Honolulu service.
Lurline was taken over by the U.S. War Shipping Administration and operated as a troopship during World War II. In 1946 she was returned to Matson, and, after a refitting and overhaul, she re-entered Matson's service in April 1948.

She remained in Matson service until 1963, when she was sold to the Chandris Lines, refitted as an emigrant carrier and renamed Ellinis. On 30 December, she began service on Chandris' Piraeus-Sydney route; she also served on a Rotterdam-Sydney-Rotterdam service for Chandris.

Laid up at Pireaus from 1980 to 1987, Ellinis was sold to Liberian-flag interests in 1986, but never returned to service. She was scrapped in Taiwan in 1987.

[ This Message was edited by: 8FT Tiki 2015-04-10 07:55 ]

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lancelink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-04-10 11:01 am   Permalink

Found at an estate sale a couple weeks ago.

This was on the back.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-10 7:34 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nctrader
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-04-11 07:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-14 14:37, Pele Paul wrote:

Found these just this weekend as part of a sailor's grouping

Weird what a small world this is! I see Castle and Cooke is shown there, which is in Kannapolis, NC. I've done some work surrounding the owner of Dole and Castle and Cooke, Mr. David Murdock. He once listed Lanai as one of his holdings. Unfortunately, I believe it is now under Larry Ellison's control.

View Profile of nctrader Send a personal message to nctrader  Email nctrader Goto the website of nctrader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation