FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-06 6:21 pm   Permalink

This may be totally off-topic, but the only time I've ever tasted real moonshine was when a co-worker in New York came back after Christmas vacation and brought me a jar of the real stuff. His uncle had made it. Now the thing is, I don't know if it was 100% corn whiskey or how long it was aged or if it was part-sugarcane or any of that fancy drinkin' talk that flies pretty fast around these parts. It was MYSTERIOUS.

But it was GOOOOOD. It was so good I drank around three big gulps before the first one caught up with me, and it was the smoooothest liquor I've ever drank. I had to give the rest away cause it was dangerous.

So - anybody ever had any of the commercial stuff?

Even though they call this a Bourbon, notice that it's 100% corn. Looks pretty good, actually, even though Northerners make it:

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-07 01:15 am   Permalink

Howdy y'all

To all those who have been emailing me over the last few years I am finally travelling to appear at Tiki Oasis this year for the first time with merchandise from the newly opened Tiki Beat Bar in Freemantle Western Australia - designed and carved by Tiki Beat - there will be a few limited edition pieces. Hope to see you all there come and say hi.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-07 09:31 am   Permalink

Yeah, Marcus Thorn in attendance!! Looking forward to seeing you.
This just in! Gonesville Gorilla has been spotted up to no good with some sort of beautiful Fire-Maiden!! He must be gearing up for Tiki Oasis13!! Stop by and see him and the rest of "The Goons From Gonesville" at the indoor vending area. Besides Gonesville Gorilla's alter ego REESENIK there will be plenty of hi-jinks and art from everyones favorite Yeti, the one and only MP!! Also on hand will be the lovable Bumpkin among Bumpkins, mug-maker and artist extraordinaire, John Mulder!! Please come by and say hello, but keep your hands inside the ride!

(pic courtesy of Vestige Photography)

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-07 09:59 am   Permalink

Marcus Thorn & Matt Reese!
Hellz Yeaa!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-07 12:06 pm   Permalink

AND NEXT EDITION OF 25 Tiki#34 MUGS!!

Debut Release at Tiki Oasis on a cash basis/discount
Look for me in the Thor Shop!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-08 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-05 10:35, Hau 'oli Tiki wrote:
Whoa whoa whoa hold it right there now. PONIES???? There are going to be PONIES at the Oasis??? And hillbillies???? DUDE. This is right up my alley (OK- rutted washed out muddy road)!! I may come back!

Can I bring MY ponies??

Don't know about ponies, but according to the flyers posed near the elevators there were donkeys... in the parking lot... late at night.

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-08 10:34 pm   Permalink

Can I bring MY pony?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NeedsMoreReverb

Posted: 2013-07-10 4:58 pm   Permalink

First time post, but some of you know me from the surf scene. This will be my 3rd TO, looking forward to it. Not sure if there's still room for another music act somewhere, totally forgot about these guys, the Cadillac Angels, would be a great fit with this years theme. Look them up on Facebook or youtube.

Just thought I'd put that out there, not even sure if they're free that weekend, but I mentioned the event to them and they seemed interested.

View Profile of NeedsMoreReverb Send a personal message to NeedsMoreReverb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 11:36 am   Permalink

TIKI OASIS VOLUNTEERS!!!:
For those of you on the Facebook (Or not), you (or not) may have noticed a meet and greet for all you Tiki Oasis Volunteers. Well its Friday July 19th for the SoCal Volunteers and Saturday July 20th for all you NorCal Volunteers. We the Volunteer Staff will be there to say hi, answer questions and hang out. See Details Below.

The volunteer management staff (Bona-Fied):

Ikabod: Volunteer Manager (Bona-Fied)
Kitty Kat: Volunteer Coordinator (Bona-Fied)

Tiki Oasis Meet and Greet Particulars and agenda:

Tiki Ti July 19th 6pm-10pm (We head straight to San Francisco)
4427 W Sunset Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90027
www.tiki-ti.com

VenTiki July 19th 11pm-??? (Crazy? I know!)
701 E Main Street, Ventura Ca 93001

We head up to San Francisco in the dead of night to visit with the Nor Cal volunteers! During the day (after a little snooze) we plan on doing a tour of the St. Georges Distillery in Alameda.

Trader Vics July 20th 6pm-10pm
9 Anchor Dr Emeryville, CA 94608

Forbidden Island?
Smugglers Cove?

Other News: We still have some folks who have not confirmed, which means those slots are in danger of being opened up. Don't miss out! If you do get bumped from your shift for not confirming, you will be put into the wait list. If that happens well you run the risk of not getting a shift at all.

Feel free to contact us to hang out!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 12:13 pm   Permalink

Also there are few volunteer spots open for Tiki Oasis 2013!

volunteers4tikioasis@gmail.com
go here and fill out the application:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHU5QkhFU21ZMFJLX0otM0tmSXhTVnc6MA#gid=0

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-17 01:24 am   Permalink

MISS TIKI OASIS CONTEST!

Please vote this week!! You can vote once per day all week!

http://www.tikioasis.com/2013/special_events/miss_tiki_oasis_pageant/

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-17 10:29 pm   Permalink

The car show is going on for two solid days this year. As in past years, participants receive a fancy dash plaque.
Check this beauty out!!

[ This Message was edited by: Otto 2013-07-17 22:30 ]

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SPYrateRadio
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-18 09:46 am   Permalink

SpyRate Radio will once again be broadcasting at Tiki Oasis! Look for our flyers at the event and tune your hotel room radio into us!

View Profile of SPYrateRadio Send a personal message to SPYrateRadio  Email SPYrateRadio Goto the website of SPYrateRadio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 08:49 am   Permalink

1st Annual Tiki Oasis Volunteers Meet and Greet!

The Volunteer management staff will be at Trader Vics (EMERYVILLE) at 5:30 this Saturday! (07/20/13)! Come and hang out have a drink and make your plans for the Wildest Tiki Show in the West!
Not a Volunteer? Since when does anyone from Tiki Oasis need an excuse to have an adult beverage?
You just pay no never mind about that! Come on down and say hey!

Dont forget tonight its the Tiki Ti in SilverLake! 7pm. (yeah I know its going to be busy)

Yes we are driving tonight to meet and greet ya'll tomorrow!

the TikiTraveler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-19 10:54 am   Permalink

ALOHA!!! ... Today is 'National Daiquiri Day'... so don't forget to ask for the 'Tiki Daiquiri' at the Tiki-Ti .... Mike Sr. still makes them if you ask (nicely):-) Enjoy! ....(remember)"Rum is always just around the corner"

[ This Message was edited by: the TikiTraveler 2013-07-19 10:55 ]

View Profile of the TikiTraveler Send a personal message to the TikiTraveler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation