FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 12:16 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis Beauty Bungalow!!
Hours Friday - Sunday 10am - 4pm.

Stop in and doll up! Services including pin up hair, makeup, photos, etc. Pre-book an appointment with one of our talented stylists, then strut your stuff pin-up style at Tiki Oasis.

Walk-ins welcome BUT we highly suggest you make an appointment in advance!! E-mail one of the options below today for pricing/details and scheduling!

The Pinup Dream Team (offerings include hair/make-up/photos... packages and a la carte!):
missnikkinapalm@gmail.com

Pin-Up Make-Up and Hair Artist Christina Shaw (offerings include make-up, hair, eyelashes, hair flowers): socalove1503@gmail.com

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-12 06:31 am   Permalink

The Hula Monsters have been around since the 90s. Honolai Slide from The Zen Of Hula they ask you to put on your Hulabilly shoes and sing "it's kinda like a hula with a rockabilly style". Their Party platter cd was a Hulabilly classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekOucY_L3gw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11XAmRx-RYU

http://www.amazon.com/Party-Platter-Hula-Monsters/dp/B000008PIS/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376313589&sr=1-1&keywords=hula+monsters

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Hula-Monsters/dp/B000CA3VXQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1376313589&sr=1-2&keywords=hula+monsters

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 06:33 am   Permalink

Well Doggies Jethro, looky yonder!

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 08:57 am   Permalink

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deadhead
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-12 11:10 am   Permalink

" Well all you Hulabilly Hucksters .. dont fer git to cum on by an visit with all the "Deadhead" Kin folk at r "Rollin Tiki Saloon Hideaway" at the car show .. cum by and if'n you kin write fill out yer raffle tikit fer our " Voo Doo Deadhead Room Kral Givaway" on Saturday night... Jimmy Psycho will b there too cuz he did his time and jus got back from Folsom an got him a whole new batch of good songs fer us .... bring yer buckets and fill em up wit our "Deadhead Drool" right from our very own "Stil" ..but don't tell the Sheriff .. hes been a trakin us at every Tiki event in the states ... See ya there ... . YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

View Profile of Deadhead Send a personal message to Deadhead  Goto the website of Deadhead     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 12:59 pm   Permalink

"WEll all you Tiki Hillbilly's .. It Be OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fish al .. Deadhead will be hosting a Suite Room fer yer drnking and hi falutin fun!!! Theres gonna be Likker in the front and Poker in the rear!! ... we got some surprizes fer u all ... so bing yer drinkin face .. and dont ferget to curb yer donkey!! Ifn any of u r lookin for a room to perform just giv us a holler and lets see what we can arrange .. UMM without gittin the local Sheriff involved !!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ALO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

Sorry Woohoo Wahinie, but I must have missed the official Room Crawl link here... but...how do I find it, and more importantly- how do I RSVP?

Cheers and mahalo- Rosered
(now Rose"Noir")

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevenjames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-12 2:08 pm   Permalink

Hey Cammo,
Saw you listed the bands for the weekend and mentioned Roy Rapid. Didn't know they were playing. Do you know where and what time? Thanks,
Steve

View Profile of stevenjames Send a personal message to stevenjames  Email stevenjames     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevenjames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-12 2:22 pm   Permalink

Read the line up at TO website, answered own question. Sorry for interruption.

View Profile of stevenjames Send a personal message to stevenjames  Email stevenjames     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bill5925
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-12 3:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-09 08:12, JOHN-O wrote:
This is what I'm talkin' 'bout...

1. Honolulu Rock-A Roll-A by Moon Muligan (Here's a version by Eartha Kitt)

2. Everybody Does It In Hawaii by Jimmie Rodgers (Love that yodeling !!)

3. Hawaiian Cowboy by Roy Rogers (More yodeling !!) (Edit - Video removed ?)

4. Hula Rock by Bill Browning

5. Bop-A-Hula by Jimmy Newman

6. Hillbilly Hula by Jenks "Tex" Carman

7. Hula Boogie by Tommy Durden

8. Hawaiian Boogie by Elmore James

9. Hula Bop by Smokey Joe Baugh

10. Me Rock-A-Hula by Bill Haley & the Comets (I think this is a song that The Hula Girls are covering now)

11. Lula Rock-A-Hula by Teresa Brewer

12. Hawaiian Rock by Tommy Sands (Better than Elvis !!)

13. Hawaiian Rock & Roll by Morgan Clarke & The Hulawains

14. Chimpanzee Rock by the Hula Hawaiians (a 1957 Rockabilly tune by a Swiss group !!)

That said, I do think that Hillbillies are Tiki !! (Sorry Spike)

"...the backwoods disinhibition of Hillbillies resonated with middle class suburban L7's much in the same way the "modern primitive" appeal of Tiki did. Hillbillies were free from all of the uptight social conventions that pre-counterculture America had to adhere to. Hillbillies said whatever was on their mind, made their own moonshine, married their underaged cousins, and shot at those pesky revenuers."

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2013-08-09 08:35 ]

I look forward to this event regardless of the theme. However if you narrow the focus too much you end up with just a few songs being played 800 times like at the Spy event. How many times can you hear "Goldfinger" and "Secret Agent Man" without going insane? I hope that doesn't happen with "Rock a Hula".

View Profile of Bill5925 Send a personal message to Bill5925      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 5:09 pm   Permalink

"I hope that doesn't happen with "Rock a Hula"

To answer Bill:

Everything will be fine.
There will be no problems whatsoever.
Everyone will have a great time.
The music is unbelievably excellent in every way.
You will enjoy every minute.
All the attendees are funny, kind, patient and thoughtful.
The cocktails will probably be the best you've ever had. Maybe better.
The girls are gorgeous. They will all give you backrubs.
The cars are freakin' rad.
Each night you will sleep the sleep of a fully contented man in every way and wake up each morning refreshed and proud to be at...

TIKI OASIS!!!!!!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 5:13 pm   Permalink

DROP BY SATURDAY MORNING 11 AM TIL NOON AND SAY HI TO TONY FROM THE MARTINI KINGS AND MEDUSIRENA MARINA . (UPSTAIRS ANNEX)

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-12 5:16 pm   Permalink

Check out the Hula monsters as noted in my other post. Along with the tracks listed above that's more than a couple of tunes.

There is more out there so hopefully there will be much more provided by the real experts on the subject ....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3yxe6_buddy-knox-hula-love_music

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spycygrl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-12 6:30 pm   Permalink

UPDATE: OUR FRIEND'S CROWNE PLAZA ROOM NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Crowne Plaza was able to find someone to take it.

MAHALO!

[ This Message was edited by: spycygrl 2013-08-14 13:03 ]

View Profile of spycygrl Send a personal message to spycygrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-12 7:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-12 12:59, RoseRed wrote:

Sorry Woohoo Wahinie, but I must have missed the official Room Crawl link here... but...how do I find it, and more importantly- how do I RSVP?

Cheers and mahalo- Rosered
(now Rose"Noir")

Here's the Room Crawl Info:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45200&forum=17

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 8:31 pm   Permalink

Hawaiian Punchin' Doggies, Tourists & Hillbillies All Weekend Long at Thor's Thunderin' Hoof Hula Honky Tonk Stampede & Barn Stomp Blow-Out! WoooooooooooooooooooP!

Don't Try to Under-stand'em just rope throw and ......... corral these last of the one of a kind rare breed... info:https://www.facebook.com/crazyal.tikimania/media_set?set=a.117232544991511.7375.100001142975893&type=3

last five or six left.......

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation