FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 11:14 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-05-07 07:38 ]

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 6:41 pm   Permalink

A bump for Tiki Oasis.

Has anyone ever been to this place ??

In a neighborhood full of cheesy tourist bars, this Kuhio Ave hole-in-the-wall is a real Hulabilly anomaly...

It's probably the only "Shit-Kicker" bar where you can order a Mai Tai without getting your ass whooped. I remember stumbling into this place several years ago but I only drank beer.

So are Urban Cowboys "Tiki" ??

They are in Hawaii !!

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-08 7:12 pm   Permalink

Looks like Travolta is in Texas, according to his Lone Star.

My friend Bill just moved to Nashville. I told him to check it out and let me know how it is. Funny!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-08 7:13 pm   Permalink

Before you go two-steppin' at Nashville Waikiki you can go shopping at Aloha Cowboy in Makawao.

www.alohacowboy.net

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-08 19:12, lunavideogames wrote:
Looks like Travolta is in Texas, according to his Lone Star.

My friend Bill just moved to Nashville. I told him to check it out and let me know how it is. Funny!

Nashville Waikiki isn't "Waikiki" in Nashville, it's "Nashville" in Waikiki.

This will be a great year for closet cowboys.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-08 7:42 pm   Permalink

There is a Chicago based called band Tiki Cowboys. They post their shows on TC.
www.tikicowboys.com

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 05:51 am   Permalink

When in Maui visit Piiholo Ranch, check out their horsemanship photos:
http://piiholo.com/history.html

or Ulupalakua Ranch -
http://www.ulupalakuaranch.com/

It's next to Tadeschi Vinyards, who make an amazing all-natural pineapple wine:
http://www.mauiwine.com/pineapple/

We actually visited these on our last trip there, the wine was killa, brah.

Yeehaw!!! Git along little pineapples!!!!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
belinda
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-09 5:58 pm   Permalink

ooops what i meant it was sun night may 5 when i checked the availability.
oh well. next year.
nothing compares to having your own room at the host hotel...
but motel 6 aint too bad..... very very close & EMPTY pool last year....

Quote:

On 2013-05-06 18:44, Otto wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-05-05 21:35, belinda wrote:
sun night: hotel sold out
damn them

Sunday and Thursday are not sold out

Fri and Sat are tho.

We have a deal w Comfort Inn and Suites. They are the next closest Hotel. I will post booking info tomorrow night but if you are anxious you can call them and talk to Lisa directly
619-881-6202

View Profile of belinda Send a personal message to belinda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-10 11:18 pm   Permalink

Book into our partner hotels and get good eats!
We just posted the info for our partner hotels on our website:
http://www.tikioasis.com/2013/hotel_booking/the_kings_inn/
http://www.tikioasis.com/2013/hotel_booking/comfort_inn_&_suites/

King's Inn $104-$119
Comfort Inn & Suites $145

King's Inn offers tons of free parking, shuttle to Crowne Plaza, and 10% off at The Waffle Spot diner for hotel guests from the "Tiki Oasis" group

Comfort Inn is less than a 10 minute walk from Crowne Plaza and includes a free full breakfast buffet

By contrast, you can stay at the Motel 6 and get absolutely no food service and pay $125 / night.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-11 12:28 am   Permalink

I have stayed at Kings Inn a few times and can recommend it
it is a cool Mid Century Motor Lodge and much nicer then the Motel 6
at the same price.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-11 06:39 am   Permalink

I have returned to the Kings Inn every year. Now I know the manager and also the front desk gal. They have been there for years. It's nice to return to a place that remembers you and greets you with a big smile and asks what's the theme for your room party this year! Oh and the waffles ROCK!

View Profile of Big Vic Send a personal message to Big Vic  Email Big Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-12 07:40 am   Permalink

The King's Inn waffles are known all over town, they use a malted flour and you can get them full size or "mini" which go great with a cup o' joe first thing:

They also have a GREAT mexican food restaurant called the Amigo Spot that serves some of the best tamales in town, super sizzling high-rise fajitas, and happy hour specials. The food comes with little mexican flags on it. You arrive at the Amigo Spot from outside across a drawbridge.

It's a mid-60's motel maintained perfectly. I find it bizarre that people coming to Tiki Oasis complain that the King's Inn is an "old place" with "strange headboards" on the beds but they'll "stay there anyway." ?!?!?!?!?

They dress up someone in a Waffle King costume on weekends who walks around waving at his subjects.

The heck with the St. Louis Arch, THIS should be a national treasure.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-12 12:33 pm   Permalink

I know I have high standards when it comes to food & I am not trying to start anything
with Cammo, but none of the food in the "Hotel Circle" area is good, some is just OK
(we are talking on par with Dennys)

your best bet is to head to "Old Town" (just 1.5 miles away) for good eats.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-12 5:38 pm   Permalink

Albie's Beef Inn (on Hotel Circle) is not just good, it's Mid-Century / Rat Pack / Old-School / Lounge Culture AWESOME !!

So there.

JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-12 5:41 pm   Permalink

Also Adam's Steak & Eggs right next door !!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation