FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 06:46 am   Permalink

I'm glad everybody is in agreement about loving Hillbillies.
In the tradition of the Tiki Oasis Anything Goes Party Hearty we will honor our Frequently Slammed Country Cousins.
Here is the first in a series about the Greatest Hillbillies of All Time.

#1 is of course:

Stupefyin' Jones
Birthplace: Dogpatch
Likes to: Stupefy Men

(Anybody know Julie personally and want to invite her???)

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 09:38 am   Permalink

Official Julie Newmar page: Contact

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevenjames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 09:40 am   Permalink

In regards to the rockabilly versus hillbilly theme, think more Johnny Burnette and less Jed Clampett.

View Profile of stevenjames Send a personal message to stevenjames  Email stevenjames     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 10:50 am   Permalink

As far as the theme goes it really doesn't matter what anyone says==people are going to wear what they want and decorate how they want for the weekend. There will certainly be a larger -than-normal group of rockabilly folks who are digging the Hulabilly vibe. There will also be a lot of folks who encompass some form of their interpretation of "hillbilly". What does it matter how people dress or act for that weekend? Everyone goes to have a good time so let them.

I personally can't wait to see The Hula Girls and Southern Culture on the Skids together on the Main Stage. That's a great combo.

Also all of us NorCal folks are super excited that Tanoa Samoa Boy Stewart is going to be DJing this year at Oasis. He DJs at Viva and at Forbidden Island and he is one of the best. No one will be spinning better music than him considering the amount of rockabilly bands he books and the people he knows. Having him at this year's event is a perfect fit -- thanks Otto for getting him onboard!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 6:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-14 09:40, stevenjames wrote:

In regards to the rockabilly versus hillbilly theme, think more Johnny Burnette and less Jed Clampett.

Are you sure about that ??...

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 7:03 pm   Permalink

And I'm 100% in agreement with Cammo although I prefer the comic strip version...

Julie Newmar will always be Catwoman to me.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 7:56 pm   Permalink

Greatest Hillbillies of All Time

#2 Ernest T. Bass

Born: No record of his birth or death. Somewhere around Mayberry?
Likes to: Throw rocks at windows. And yell "It's ME it's ME, it's ERNEST T!!!!" when he shows up in town.
Wants: A gold tooth.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 06:24 am   Permalink

#3 Elly Mae Clampett

Born: Bugtussle, Missouri
Likes to: Play with her critter friends. Beat up Jethro. Swim in the Cement Pond.

(Yow! Here she is after a bleach job.)

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 06:31 am   Permalink

John-O -

A doubleneck longhorn Denelectro?!?!?
Shake it, Jed!

stevenjames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-16 08:17 am   Permalink

John-O,
Great Jed Clampett pic with double neck "gee-tar". I also forgot how hot Ellie May was, even before the dye job. Almost kind of prefer it. I may have to rethink my position, seems there is room for all, although I still dig the rockabilly angle. Thanks for the cool photos.

View Profile of stevenjames Send a personal message to stevenjames  Email stevenjames     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-16 09:48 am   Permalink

Hulabilly

Bill Haley

The King

Big Sandy

The Hula Hawaiians

Buddy Knox

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stevenjames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-16 09:58 am   Permalink

Spike,
Niiiccceee!! A little perspective.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-16 11:26 am   Permalink

#4 Elvis "The Pelvis" Presley

Born: Tupelo, Mississippi in a two room shotgun house built by his dad.
Likes: Singing. Playing guitar. Smirking. Girls, girls, girls.

Curious Factoid: Elvis had a genetically identical twin brother who died at birth. Both were blond; Elvis dyed his hair black for his whole life. This means that in some alternate universe where his brother actually survived, there is an incredibly popular singing act of twin blond brothers - Elvis and Jesse - who took the world by storm in the 1950s and kept each other away from drugs and boozing. They are still in perfect health and have had sexual relations with 87,234,872 girls as of this date.

King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-16 12:21 pm   Permalink

Elvis gone deep hillbilly...

YouTube: Kissin' Cousins trailer

And with Batgirl in a bikini! Amazing how actresses from the Batman TV show pop up on this thread.

[ This Message was edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2013-05-16 12:23 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 06:45 am   Permalink

#5 Stella Stevens

Born: Yazoo City, Mississippi
Bio: Married at 15, Mother at 16, Divorced at 17, Actress

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation