[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Music ╗ ╗ ╠xtahuele album available for pre-order
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
╠xtahuele album available for pre-order
Quiet Village Idiot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 03:08 am   Permalink

Just received an email from Stefan KÚry at Subliminal Sounds. ╠xtahuele's debut album is now available for preorder, release in May!

Blurb below or follow this link
http://www.subliminalsounds.se/DOK/newsupdate.html

NB prices in Swedish kronor.
-----------------

╠XTAHUELE: Pagan Rites (Subliminal Sounds 13 SW) LP NEW 180:-
Limited edition 500 copies!
╠XTAHUELE: Pagan Rites (Subliminal Sounds 13 SW) CD NEW 109:-
From the mystical realms of a secluded ancient island, rising from the icy spray of the forbidden northern waters, comes the haunting, savage beat of a mysterious and primitive ritual. In this forgotten place, awash with wonder and enigma, echoing with the booming of sharkskin drums and bone rattles, the rock speaks with the voice of the gods. Weaving strange and terrifying tales, and tales of beauty and joy, Pagan Rites is a breathtakingly exotic tone poem that will make any Tiki bar come alive. ╠XTAHUELE is a Swedish exotica band playing in the acoustic, original style of Martin Denny and Arthur Lyman. They come from Gothenburg; a damp, foggy harbor town that ever since its founding in the early 17th century has been an international melting pot and that has been associated with exotic, faraway destinations ever since the days of the East India Trading Companies. Having grown up with the exciting tales of the sailors and the luscious smells and flavors of the markets, an interest in the romantic and exotic is an integral part of life for the group. Coming from a variety of musical backgrounds, ╠XTAHUELE strive to combine an immersive, research-like approach with their collective experience in jazz, pop, surf, classical, Latin and world music to create authentic, exciting, and innovative world-class exotica. A large part of their inspiration and style clues come from the old greats they are also heavily influenced by classical works, Latin & jazz tunes, indigenous melodies from different regions ľ in short, the same kind of influences that inspired the originators of the genre. The aim of the group is to provide the perfect soundtrack to bring your mindĺs eye on a time-traveling, round-the-world trip; taking you to faraway exotic islands, lost lands, and ancient cities ľ bringing back the Ottoman Empire, Port Royal, or even the mythical continent of Mu. ╠XTAHUELE try to push the limits of where they can take you while still staying true to the genre; because after all the true armchair traveler canĺt make the Hawaiian Village the destination for every trip, but must also go to the Amazon, Micronesia, the Middle East, the Caribbean, and Indochina. All aboard! Donĺt miss this one even if exotica is not your usual port of call. This stuff will blow your mind!
--------------------------
Dunno about you cats, but I'm REALLY looking forward to this!

View Profile of Quiet Village Idiot Send a personal message to Quiet Village Idiot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 2:02 pm   Permalink

holy mackerel- thanks for heads up idiot. nice to see these guys finally dropping an album

[ This Message was edited by: socksoff 2013-05-03 13:05 ]

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 9:47 pm   Permalink

thanks,
this is really good news !

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hibiscus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-26 07:39 am   Permalink

Great news! I've put in it in my Amazon wishlist.

View Profile of Hibiscus Send a personal message to Hibiscus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
always on the beach
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-03 01:03 am   Permalink

Here's a sneak preview of the Pagan Rites album!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pagan-rites/id640673621

View Profile of always on the beach Send a personal message to always on the beach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 07:01 am   Permalink

This is going to be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So looking forward to the vinyl release!!!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-03 1:42 pm   Permalink

yeah... this sounds serious!

[ This Message was edited by: socksoff 2013-05-03 13:42 ]

View Profile of socksoff Send a personal message to socksoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 3:07 pm   Permalink

heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-24 8:34 pm   Permalink

I downloaded my iTunes preorder this morning and have already played the album through 9-10 times. It's a keeper for sure.

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
socksoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 8:55 pm   Permalink

this might be 'album of the year' for me. it's really a beautiful thing to listen to.

if you see them playing any shows near you stop what you're doing immediately and go see them. if you hear anyone playing their music give them a thumbs up.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-24 9:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting...got mine on iTunes...NICE!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-25 12:48 pm   Permalink

Must get!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-26 05:46 am   Permalink

Man I hope they bring some to Hukilau! I gotta have one.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-27 1:13 pm   Permalink

I Would love to pick up a vinyl copy from the Hukilau

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelveTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-30 01:11 am   Permalink

LP has arrived here...
a masterpiece.
I love it !!

View Profile of HelveTiki Send a personal message to HelveTiki  Goto the website of HelveTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation