FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki stock footage for websites...
stock footage for websites...
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-25 1:20 pm   Permalink

so, I need to get my website up and running and need some "stock footage" (I guess that's what it's called)...

like some old-school polynesian stuff...whatever....

obviously I don't want to rip anyone off or use photos that are someone's exclusive property....I mean hey, I'm an artist too, and I don't like being ripped off either.

I make tikis, but I'm not much of a web guy...

and places to find some stuff like that? or if some of you have a large collection of photos you've saved & feel like sharing, shoot 'em to me...

here's a few recent tikis I've done...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 4:27 pm   Permalink

wow... 156 views and not one response.

awesome! thanks for your help!

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 5:01 pm   Permalink

well free stuff is hard to come by.

But Gettyimages and pond5.com are good places to start.

look around youtube maybe you cab find something and ask the person who put it up if you can use it.

Or try library
Or use your own tiki stuff and give it a vintage sepia look

You can get fonts at Free font type in tiki or Polynesian or Hawaiian - thers a cool Polynesian font that has characters.

or search public domain - hawaii / fiji / Polynesian.

I hope this helps.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-17 7:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-17 16:27, pjc5150 wrote:
wow... 156 views and not one response.

awesome! thanks for your help!

I don't have any really, mostly video.
And heck that has been ripped off many times.
You can use any photo from my thread if this will work.
Or if you will be at Hukilau you could use some of my lights in photos of your tiki if
you like, let me know.

But to get lots of posts you need to play the post game, I love you, you are great...
No, No, it is you who are great.
You get the idea.
I really should post more on peoples threads.
But if people see what yer making that's what it's all about.

"156 views and not one response"
Yes I feel ya.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 7:54 pm   Permalink

Creative Commons, Wikimedia, and most importantly, Archive.org. The biggest depositories of video, audio, and pictures.

And for those of you that like live music, archive.org contains the largest archive of legal bootlegs of live music.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-17 9:37 pm   Permalink

If you use other people's photos, can't you just give them credit and link to their sites? I'm sorry I am just not sure what all the laws are, but it must be frustrating. Your carvings are great and you take good pictures, maybe you can adjust some of your photos to a sepia style and use them on your site.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-18 08:04 am   Permalink

thanks guys...

I appreciate it...

tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-18 09:21 am   Permalink

I've got an ap on my phone called Old VideoPro which takes video and makes it look olde timey.

I'm gonna look at those sources you guys posted. I love old footage and usually spend far too long on YouTube looking at vintage home movies. Some great ones in Hawaii. Careless Navigator sells a DVD of hawaii home movies that I have and play at parties for some background.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation