Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Creating ambiance with Naturespace
Creating ambiance with Naturespace
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-04-28 5:42 pm   Permalink

There's a great app available for the iPhone and Android called "Naturespace." It has looping ambient recordings of all kinds of environments, including a large number from the Big Island in Hawaii. My wife and I just returned from a trip there and I can attest that the recording accurately captures the sounds of the island (including a track of the infernal Coqui frogs should that be your thing!).

Feed it into your stereo and you've got some great ambiance for your tiki time.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-14 4:14 pm   Permalink

This company continues to release new recordings, and now has some selections on iTunes.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 4:42 pm   Permalink

How is this "Tiki".....just asking.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-14 5:06 pm   Permalink

I can see it.
Heck Kahiki had the thunder thing going on.
If you listen to "Songbirds of daybreak" from this list you will
hear what I hear while I make my lights on my hot tub in the backyard in the summer.
It's part of why I like to work there.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 5:22 pm   Permalink

So mood music for Tikiphiles?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-14 5:25 pm   Permalink

Exactly. It's all about creating an ambiance. It's the core of Poly pop—recreating a thing to be better than it ever was.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation