FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki the Hut Grand Opening - Thanks for making it a great night!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki the Hut Grand Opening - Thanks for making it a great night!
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-29 3:38 pm   Permalink

I am having a Grand Opening for my home tiki bar, Tiki the Hut. We are hosting this on Saturday, May 11th at 4 PM until we finish. You are invited and I hope that you can make it! Please PM me for the address. We are located in San Diego California.

We will have -

Lots of drinks
Kalua Pork with rice Hawaiian rolls & Macaroni salad as well as other dishes
Party favors
and fun!

Check out my thread if you would like to see how it is looking...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=43736&forum=20&55

My bar is small but we have lots of room, and a nice backyard to enjoy the San Diego weather! My wife and I are used to hosting for lots of people, so it is sure to be a good time!

I hope to see some of my friends here that I have met as well as people that I haven't met!

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-05-13 18:31 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-29 3:39 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah and I will supply all of the food and drinks, so just show up with a hungry stomach and be ready for a few drinks! We are not asking for you to bring anything.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-29 4:42 pm   Permalink

GREAT name for your bar! Wish I could make it to the grand unveiling!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 6:01 pm   Permalink

That is super nice of you! How I wished I lived closer so I could celebrate the opening of your bar with you!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 6:38 pm   Permalink

I hope we can make it... I'm going to PM you now...

We need inspiration for our outside tiki bar and your bar is very inspiring!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-29 6:52 pm   Permalink

Thank you all for your kind words!

I hope to meet a bunch of San Diego TCers, please come by if you can!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 6:52 pm   Permalink

Really sounds like your doing it up right!
I like yer style boy!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 7:50 pm   Permalink

Wish I could be there
Rain check?

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Derek Mitchell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-29 9:57 pm   Permalink

Would dig on checking this out. Hopefully see you there.

View Profile of Derek Mitchell Send a personal message to Derek Mitchell  Email Derek Mitchell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-30 06:55 am   Permalink

You should post your menu here so people can see it!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-30 2:53 pm   Permalink

Lorilovestikis and Vantiki and Hang10tiki, if you find yourself in San Diego, please let me know. It would be great to drink a Mai Tai with you! I will see about having some friends over the Wednesday before Tiki Oasis, if there are some earlybirds in town.

Thanks ATP & Hale Tiki! I am glad to see people supporting the bar I have been working on for 2 years. My friends and I have been enjoying it even while it has been under construction.

Derek Mitchell, I hope that you can make it, I PMed you the address. Hope to see you KiwiSteve as well. Anyone else out there in "America's Finest City" want to join the festivities? Just let me know!

Here is our drink menu. The full menu will be available. I have also been practicing my Kalua Pork recipe, and they have been turning out great!

PS: I just put prices on the drinks for fun. We do not actually charge for them, everything is on me for the grand opening!

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-04-30 14:59 ]

Chippy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 10:48 pm   Permalink

Sounds so awesome!!

View Profile of Chippy Send a personal message to Chippy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 08:58 am   Permalink

I'll be there! I can't wait!!! Thank You!!!!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 09:27 am   Permalink

best of luck. congrats

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-02 10:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys! I am getting ready. Making mixers and trying to do some last minute adjustments. Looks like I have 49 bottles of rum. Think that will be enough?

Also I wanted to convey how much respect I have for anyone who has a home bar or works in a tiki establishment. It is a lot of work. I have been making my friends drinks for awhile now and there is a lot to deal with. You have to really love it and be very committed.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation