FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Painting and Sculpting Tiki on the iPad and other crazy stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Painting and Sculpting Tiki on the iPad and other crazy stuff
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 10:17 pm   Permalink

Mike ... I almost forgot, about the iPad ... yes I do use a stylus sometimes ... but they vary a lot in quality and break a lot, so I use my fingers much of the time ...... It is a fun way to draw and there are lots of art apps that are either cheap or free ....

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-01 11:32 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-05-03 06:19 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 02:06 am   Permalink

Of course you can't bite your tongue any longer ATP, why would you when you have a computer screen to hide behind?

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 02:43 am   Permalink

You would feel a lot better Swizzle if you pull that stick out.

I am just like this in person, not hiding behind anything
just not afraid to speak my mind and anybody who thinks that is a bad thing can suck it.

and a

(Edited for swizzle whom was pitching a fit over a mistype
as he has nothing better to do)

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-05-02 03:11 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 02:55 am   Permalink

Hey moron, alot is not a word.

Quote:

On 2013-05-02 02:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

And it's funny how a few of the TC members i met in person last year when i was in the U.S. said exactly the opposite about you.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 03:15 am   Permalink

You must be drunk posting again?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-05-03 06:21 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 03:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-02 02:55, swizzle wrote:
Hey moron, alot is not a word.

Quote:

On 2013-05-02 02:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

And it's funny how a few of the TC members i met in person last year when i was in the U.S. said exactly the opposite about you.

Just a few? I must not be doing something right!

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-02 08:17 am   Permalink

I can barley navigate through Tiki Central. You do really well with your I-Pad. I don't even know if that's a phone. Good Job, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-05-02 11:23 am   Permalink

Swizzle and ATP. Check your PMs.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 12:18 pm   Permalink

Really sorry Gene this nonsense was on your thread.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:18 pm   Permalink

I want to thank Hakalugi for coming to my aid. It is a shame that the site Administrator has to do that. I must say I was shocked that such hateful insults were thrown at me for just trying to start a new thread. I had pretty much decided to give it up and go back to not posting and just watching on this forum as I have for the past couple of years. I have absolutely no complaint about honest criticism. I was a musician for a couple of decades and have faced some pretty unfriendly audiences in those days. You gotta have a thick skin. But Atomic Tiki did not even bother to really look at my images before saying silly stuff. I was embarrassed for him.

My goal here will be to show some fun stuff I have figured out doing digital graphics. I have had threads before where I have attempted to do that. I have to say that some of coolest artist here have made very nice and helpful comments on what I try to do. Again, I am not among those very good artist. I just do cartoons and designs. Not great at it, but I sell some of those designs on CafePress, and folks all around the world are wearing my designs. I guess there are some people who don't think my images are the work of a 5 year old.

I'm very sorry to have to write these last couple of paragraphs. I'm gonna keep showing some stuff I have learned on the iPad and will be using my somewhat stylized tiki related images to illustrate. There will be more things I do some of you will not like and feel free to let me know. I'm old but still learning. But please be a little nicer about it.

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:27 pm   Permalink

Wendy I was really happy to see your nice comments on this new thread. You have always been kind in the past about my attempts to illustrate what I do. I am sorry that I don't comment much here on the forum. I think I come across badly. I guess this last little mess on this thread illustrates my lack of likability. I want you to know that I do follow your thread even though i do not comment. You are a talented and just as important a nice artist.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:31 pm   Permalink

Just to answer Wendys question and make it clear what you see here, I do this all on an iPad. I don't know how people draw on a phone. I am old and don't see good enough for that. So here goes with more iPad fun .....

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:34 pm   Permalink

Another simple tiki guy. He is done using vector graphics, which is a little different than drawing or painting. The image is created by putting together vector shapes, kinda like cutting shapes out of construction paper and pasting them to a base image. I have a little tutorial coming up to illustrate that a little better. I added some brush shading and highlighting to give it some shape.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:38 pm   Permalink

Same guy with a green background.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation