FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Painting and Sculpting Tiki on the iPad and other crazy stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Painting and Sculpting Tiki on the iPad and other crazy stuff
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 8:13 pm   Permalink

I'm always experimenting on stylizing objects. This was my take on palm trees.

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 8:16 pm   Permalink

So you want the sundown 15 minutes later. With digital you just multiply 2 layers together. It doesn't just darken the image, it darkens the colors, giving a more natural look.

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-06 8:27 pm   Permalink

OK, folks this is not at all tiki, but I wanted to illustrate to anyone who was thinking of trying Ipad or computer painting that a good online community can really help a person get better. As I have said I am not much more than a so so cartoonist, but by working this last 6 months and producing one image a day and following online tutorials, I have greatly improved. This image was a feature image on the SketchClub website today. A few images a day are featured. Hundreds are uploaded everyday ...... I'm sorry it is no tiki, but the Dude is cool too.

For sure .... THE DUDE ABIDES

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 12:37 am   Permalink

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:11 pm   Permalink

I wish I was a talented painter, but I am not. The images I produce are not meant to be great art. What I make are designs, illustrations, patterns, and humorous cartoons. I finds lot of uses for them. This next section goes away from tiki sculptures (I will soon get back to that) and more into pattern making. This method might inspire folks to give this simple technique a try .....

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:14 pm   Permalink

Now this is one of the coolest things about digital brushes. You can take a fairly high resolution image and turn it into a rubber stamp brush. This is a very simple tiki shield design I created myself.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:16 pm   Permalink

Another simple design element

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:19 pm   Permalink

A very simple abstract tiki design.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:24 pm   Permalink

So what is this all good for? Add some color and texture and stamps and you end up with a nice pattern.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 8:27 pm   Permalink

I tiled the pattern and used it for a background. I took the first tiki and colored the stamp brush in a very contrasting color. I think it makes a nice combo.

Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-08 03:34 am   Permalink

Nicely done

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 6:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for checking my stuff out Holler ......

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 6:28 pm   Permalink

Now, I'm gonna take this pattern stuff to another level. I want to show how this can be useful and fun.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 6:30 pm   Permalink

Another simple design element stamp.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 6:33 pm   Permalink

Another simple tiki stamp.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation