FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Jag Project.
Jag Project.
PrestonRice

Posted: 2013-05-02 8:34 pm   Permalink

Hey guys! I believe this is my first post. I may know some of you from SG101, OSG, Mosrite.. I've got a project that may interest some of you. I have one screwed up guitar that I'm trying to help. I want to start playing in an instro horror surf group, and the tele doesn't cut it aesthetically. I have a '65 jag that needs new everything.

Ugh.

Here it is now...

Like this maybe?

Hello to all, I love tiki, ooh ah ooh and all..

View Profile of PrestonRice Send a personal message to PrestonRice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 06:47 am   Permalink

Hard to beat Fiesta Red! Of course there's always the Tiki-appropriate Surf Green...

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-09 06:54 am   Permalink

My vote is to go nuts with it. Don't restrict yourself to a single color paint job. If you want to sell it eventually, then yes, stick with a single color, but if you want it to be truly tiki, then tikify the hell out of it! Custom knobs, a custom paint job, go nuts!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-09 1:14 pm   Permalink

Glad you are saving this poor thing. That "Before" picture made me wince.

I'm all for custom tiki paint job! I found these knobs in an old TC thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34154&forum=12

A Tele isn't making it, though? How about this?

[ This Message was edited by: Tele295 2013-05-09 13:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tele295 2013-05-09 13:20 ]

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PrestonRice

Posted: 2013-05-09 8:37 pm   Permalink

I love that tele, Galuszka is so awesome. Mine is good, but for instro horror it looks and sounds too country. Besides, who wouldn't want an offset?

Quote:

On 2013-05-09 06:54, Hale Tiki wrote:
My vote is to go nuts with it. Don't restrict yourself to a single color paint job. If you want to sell it eventually, then yes, stick with a single color, but if you want it to be truly tiki, then tikify the hell out of it! Custom knobs, a custom paint job, go nuts!

Interesting ideas. This isn't really a tiki themed project, although I have one coming(hopefully)... I hope that I bond with this enough to not sell it, but I think I'll keep the finish solid this time.

View Profile of PrestonRice Send a personal message to PrestonRice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-11 06:48 am   Permalink

Then my vote is for metal flake so thick it could choke a horse.

Check out the old Mosrite stuff, or Domino. Or even Danelectro's metalflake beast.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PrestonRice

Posted: 2013-05-11 5:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-11 06:48, Hale Tiki wrote:
Then my vote is for metal flake so thick it could choke a horse.

Check out the old Mosrite stuff, or Domino. Or even Danelectro's metalflake beast.

Like a wronski jag..

But I can't do flake and can't afford it either.

PrestonRice

Posted: 2013-05-20 4:07 pm   Permalink

PrestonRice

Posted: 2013-05-22 5:01 pm   Permalink

$200. I'm happy. Ecstatic, actually.

PrestonRice

Posted: 2013-05-31 07:30 am   Permalink

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation