[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki Modern lamp
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Modern lamp
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 08:19 am   Permalink

Very cool lamp Gwen, great job!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-08 08:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-08 08:04, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
The completed lamp looks good, Gwen.

I think your next one should be a traditional Moai. MAking them to sell is an excellent idea but it would have to be from ITMP or something because I think shipping would be cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the kind words, Lori! If I decide to make them to sell, I would definitely do a traditional Moai. I would also cast it from concrete mixed with vermiculite, which would make it drastically lighter weight.

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-08 08:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-08 08:04, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
The completed lamp looks good, Gwen.

I think your next one should be a traditional Moai. MAking them to sell is an excellent idea but it would have to be from ITMP or something because I think shipping would be cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the kind words, Lori! If I decide to make them to sell, I would definitely do a traditional Moai. I would also cast it from concrete mixed with vermiculite, which would make it drastically lighter weight.

View Profile of Gwen Send a personal message to Gwen  Goto the website of Gwen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-08 09:04 am   Permalink

Wow that is a really cool lamp. You've started something great.
I wish that you would put all of your projects on one post so that we can scroll through them and never loose track of one over time.

Each time you do a new project you can just edit the title by going to page one - edit and type the change and submit. I do this every day. Your thread with all your projects would be terrific to see together.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gwen
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-08 10:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-08 09:04, danlovestikis wrote:
Wow that is a really cool lamp. You've started something great.
I wish that you would put all of your projects on one post so that we can scroll through them and never loose track of one over time.

Each time you do a new project you can just edit the title by going to page one - edit and type the change and submit. I do this every day. Your thread with all your projects would be terrific to see together.

Cheers, Wendy

Thank you for the great tip, Wendy! I will do just that.

Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-08 12:27 pm   Permalink

That turned out very nicely, now let's see another!

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation