[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Takeover in San Diego
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Takeover in San Diego
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-14 1:19 pm   Permalink

Got it!

I am going to try to be there too. Hopefully I will make it, most likely solo.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
marion-n-brad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 1:58 pm   Permalink

Same goes for me.....solo too!

View Profile of marion-n-brad Send a personal message to marion-n-brad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psych-ki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 5:41 pm   Permalink

I'm planning to be there sometime after 9:00, probably closer to 9:30. Might have a friend with me. I've met Treg so hopefully he'll be there and that will allow me to find y'all. I've got a full red beard and long hair.

- Anders

View Profile of Psych-ki Send a personal message to Psych-ki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 7:07 pm   Permalink

I'm here!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 7:10 pm   Permalink

Is it packed and what do the mugs look like and I don't think that I have to ask this, but I know the drinks are good...

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-14 7:18 pm   Permalink

Yeah you should let us know how it is

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 09:23 am   Permalink

Went last night to Polite Provisions with a few friends. Saw a few other TC people there. The cockails I had were very good. And for a pharmacy-themed bar they made some effort to bring in a one-night tiki theme: masks on the walls, leis, drinks served in tiki mugs. Having said that, while I went, I don't feel a strong need to go back for the next Tiki Tuesday on June 11. Here's a photo of my Dr. Funkenstein cocktail.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-15 10:56 am   Permalink

I went as well. I think I got there later than most people, I didn't see too many familiar faces. I tried 4 of their drinks, 3 were from the guest bartender. The drinks were decent, my favorite being the Dr Funkenstein. Not too tiki decorated, but they did have some tiki on their playlist.

Lots of hipsters (to be expected) but most people were not drinking the tiki drinks. I had a good time and stayed for a couple hours. I wouldn't mind trying some of their regular menu drinks sometime, and I might go back for another tiki night. They did have a big menu of tiki drinks and none that we ordered were undrinkable. I would say that they might have the best tiki tuesday in San Diego if they keep it up.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 11:59 am   Permalink

Went last night as well, drinks were OK but the music was excellent; mostly Les and Yma. Spent most of the time at Soda & Swine where you could actually listen to the music (at the bar it was drowned out by people yelling at each over the noise of other people yelling at each other) and have a smoked pork meatball astonishingly similar to Kalua Pork!

Best moment was when the table of hipsters next to us were listening to the obviously never-before-heard Exotica and digging it, and one said "I feel like dancing!" with a big smile, weaving to the vibes.

Great place to drop off Oasis flyers...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 08:48 am   Permalink

Great seeing a few familiar faces (Derek Mitchell, Miss Hell) & meeting Brad & new folks. It was a busy night at Polite Provisions (most days normally are, I think), and it was an "interesting" mix of folks. Obviously, PP isn't a tiki bar, and while the added decor (tiki mask, TF mugs, and leis galore) wouldn't be my first choice, it was a good first try. Waits for drinks weren't short- but if you've ever been to Smugglers' Cove you'd think it was fast.

Well poured cocktails, including more than the usual tiki drink standards (bonus points for thinking outside the (rum) box)- but I agree with Cammo, watching other San Diegans dig on music and tiki drinks was the best part. I suspect there will be a few tiki bars (of varying styles) popping up in town in the relative future.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psych-ki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-11 11:58 am   Permalink

Anyone going tonight? I'm off work early enough to make it by 9:00, so I might go if anyone else is.

View Profile of Psych-ki Send a personal message to Psych-ki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 12:08 pm   Permalink

I wil be on a jet plane to Jamaica! Lots of Jimmy Buffet for me. Have a good time!

Psych-ki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-11 12:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-11 12:08, lunavideogames wrote:
I wil be on a jet plane to Jamaica! Lots of Jimmy Buffet for me. Have a good time!

Have a blast. mon! Avoid those airline mai tai's. I hear they are the absolute worst.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 12:58 pm   Permalink

Never had a good one on a plane, had free ones, but no good ones.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation