[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cherry Juice
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Cherry Juice
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 1:11 pm   Permalink

In order to make one cocktail that called for cherry juice, I bought a large bottle of cherry juice (couldn't find any small ones). I'd like to use it up on different drinks, but it doesn't appear to be a very common ingredient in tiki cocktails. Grogalizer doesn't even list it. Anyone know of cocktail recipes that call for it?

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-13 1:18 pm   Permalink

I have made attempts to make decent drinks out of cherry juice, but I have never had any luck. I think the key is very small amounts

Tiki Ti has a classic drink - Laka Nuki - that tastes to me exactly like cherries. I do not know how they did it, but I could not replicate it.

Good luck and let us know if you find any recipes!

edit - I have tried Cherry Brandy too, but still have not been able to make anything tasty with it...

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-05-13 13:19 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 4:24 pm   Permalink

Tastes like cough syrup. Bad juju.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 4:59 pm   Permalink

The "Jungle Jetsetter cocktail" has cherry juice but try "Monin Cherry syrup" instead of the juice
in a mixed cocktail for a pleasant cherry flavor.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-05-13 17:00 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-13 6:38 pm   Permalink

That could be where I went wrong. I will look for this instead and try again. Thanks ATP.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 8:27 pm   Permalink

When I'm am not destroying peoples hopes & dreams
I do help them with the Cocktails.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 8:43 pm   Permalink

Well, I have recipes for Jungle Madness and Jungle Bird cocktails, but not Jungle Jetsetter. I suppose it's a recipe you only get if you buy Tikiyaki merch.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-13 9:20 pm   Permalink

Jungle Jetsetter

1 1/2 oz Fresh Lime juice
3/4 oz Maraschino cherry juice
1/2 oz pineapple juice
1/2 oz orgeat
2 oz coconut rum - Malibu works best, but Cruzan is ok too

Shake with ice- I use 1/2 oz of Monin Cherry syrup instead of the Maraschino cherry juice
and an additional 1 oz of white rum (El Dorado or Cruzan) make it to your taste.

Please buy those Tikiyaki Orchestra CDs and support the Tiki music scene.....

Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 07:58 am   Permalink

Shark's Tooth calls for a teaspoon. Personally I often add a bit of cherry juice to drinks, esp when I brandy my own cherries

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 09:01 am   Permalink

I am working on drinks using Tart Cherry juice, as I now drink it daily for my arthritis pain. But that is way different.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-14 09:01, Swanky wrote:
I am working on drinks using Tart Cherry juice, as I now drink it daily for my arthritis pain. But that is way different.

THIS. is dedication.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 11:31 am   Permalink

Try subbing it for grenadine and see what happens.

I've made cherry syrup before. I use it in a bastardized version of a Clover Club (gin, lemon, cherry syrup subbed for grenadine, egg white). Little goes a long way. I suggest reducing the juice and adding sugar if needed.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-14 2:04 pm   Permalink

This conversation reminds me of the "Chocolate Covered Cherry" shot. There's no cherry in it, just two drops of grenadine. It sure comes out tasting like a choc covered cherry! This is a good one for guests who don't know about tiki drinks and who want to be "surprised" by something you pull from behind your bar.

Chocolate Covered Cherry Shot
1/2 oz Kahlua or similar coffee liqueur
1/2 oz Amaretto
1/2 oz white Creme de Cacao
1 or 2 drops grenadine
* makes one shot
* some variations double the amounts above and shake with ice. Yield then is two large or three "standard" shots, or one cocktail in a martini glass

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 7:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-14 11:31, jingleheimerschmidt wrote:
Try subbing it for grenadine and see what happens.

ive done this many times when out of grenadine, have even used tad maraschino syrup. dont notice ton of difference. i think many commercial grenadines these days, and certainly many affordable pomegraniye bottled juices, have some cherry in it

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-15 07:15 am   Permalink

Tart Cherry juice is good for the gout as well, I've heard

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation