FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013: Wiki Wiki VanTiki 5k
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2013: Wiki Wiki VanTiki 5k
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 9:45 pm   Permalink

Anyone who can party all weekend and run a 5k on the Sunday of Oasis gets my respect....I will cheer you all on from behind a bloody mary

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-24 01:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-14 18:54, VanTiki wrote:
Hydration is important! As far as contingency plans - as I noted at the top of the tread this run is UNSUPPORTED. If you have not trained for a 5K, PLEASE do not decide to go for it that morning! Ms. VanTiki will be on her bike with water, basic first aid, and a cell phone. That is it as far as support - it is up to you to make it back to the hotel on your own.

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

Anyone who attempts this does so at their own risk, same as at Tiki Oasis! Anyone who attempts to hit every room party and drink EVERY drink offered does so at their own risk!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheKiltedFez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-25 09:00 am   Permalink

This sounds like fun, and I'm totally interested ... If I can wake up on time Sunday Morning.

View Profile of TheKiltedFez Send a personal message to TheKiltedFez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retro-friki-tiki

Posted: 2013-06-01 12:44 am   Permalink

:: sign me up & thanks!

Quote:

On 2013-05-13 14:07, VanTiki wrote:
Wiki Wiki VanTiki Officially registered runners:

1 - Cindiluhui
2 - lunavideogames

[ This Message was edited by: VanTiki 2013-05-13 19:13 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VanTiki 2013-05-14 19:09 ]

View Profile of retro-friki-tiki Send a personal message to retro-friki-tiki  Email retro-friki-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-01 08:37 am   Permalink

The Pineappleman is all in....

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-01 08:50 am   Permalink

Mixing bicycles and runners sounds like a not so great idea.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NuttyBoltz

Posted: 2013-06-01 10:50 am   Permalink

I'm IN! (as long as I remember to save space for my running shoes in my suitcase...)

View Profile of NuttyBoltz Send a personal message to NuttyBoltz  Email NuttyBoltz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mikala137

Posted: 2013-06-02 07:06 am   Permalink

I'm in! Also, I have to say, I have ran on this path every year at TO, and have never had a problem with the bums (I do see them every time though)....Also, I actually do think this is a pretty run....especially on the bike path! I took the attached photo one year on my run.

View Profile of Mikala137 Send a personal message to Mikala137      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 11:54 am   Permalink

I've updated the sign-up list! SO excited about the rum - I mean RUN

Mikala137 - thanks for the photo! It does look like a great course! I'll be running it saturday AM as well to scout it out. Glad to hear good things about the path.

TheKiltedFez, should I add you to the list?

Henrik "VanTiki"

[ This Message was edited by: VanTiki 2013-06-02 11:57 ]

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 11:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-01 08:50, TikiTacky wrote:

I agree - apologies to those who expressed interest in riding the course instead of running, I'd like to keep this a running only event. The bike path is, of course, free to one and all, I just don't want to have to keep track of bikers and runners. So only runners will be eligible for whatever finisher pendants I'll be putting together. Sorry!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mikala137

Posted: 2013-06-03 9:52 pm   Permalink

VanTiki: Hahahaha! I'm excited about the rum and the run! Also, I'm glad the picture helped!

View Profile of Mikala137 Send a personal message to Mikala137      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 10:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-02 11:59, VanTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-06-01 08:50, TikiTacky wrote:

I agree - apologies to those who expressed interest in riding the course instead of running, I'd like to keep this a running only event. The bike path is, of course, free to one and all, I just don't want to have to keep track of bikers and runners. So only runners will be eligible for whatever finisher pendants I'll be putting together. Sorry!

Henrik "VanTiki"

Boo... You are prejudice for those who physically can't run... I'm suing!!! Haha! I can't run and I don't really care... It would have been fun and I would have been careful, but whatever... Have Fun!!!

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-04 11:23 am   Permalink

Why doesn't someone set up a bike challenge too? The path is big enough to support bikers and runners. I would say that bikers could go all the way to the ocean and back pretty easily, and it wouldn't take much to organize.

I would do it but I hate bikers Or I am already signed up to run...

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cindiluhui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-26 09:04 am   Permalink

My training for the 5k has begun and it's already helping me get in better shape. Right now I'm able to do just over three miles in 36 minutes. I use my Endomondo program to help me with interval training so I'm still walking and running. My goal is to be able to run a full three miles without walking before Tiki Oasis. This way when I am hung over and exhausted I can finish in a decent amount of time even if it is over 30 minutes.

Thank you so much for this side event! It's great motivation! Yay! <Kermit flail>

View Profile of Cindiluhui Send a personal message to Cindiluhui      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-27 10:09 am   Permalink

apologies to those who expressed interest in riding the course instead of running, I'd like to keep this a running only event. The bike path is, of course, free to one and all, I just don't want to have to keep track of bikers and runners. So only runners will be eligible for whatever finisher pendants I'll be putting together.

You don't have to "Keep Track" of me. I'm a big boy now.

I don't want a pendant or a prize, thanks anyway.

I'll bring water bottles for free cause my bike has a basket and I've got some water on top of the fridge. Just tell me how many waters you want, it's easy.

I promise not to run over anybody. My bike isn't motorized so this shouldn't be a problem. Promise.

My bike is cool and everybody's going to say "Hey! You have a cool bike!"

I may give out pendants that look better than YOUR pendants to just the bike riders. If I'm the only bike rider then I get them all!!!!!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation