FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013: Wiki Wiki VanTiki 5k
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Tiki Oasis 2013: Wiki Wiki VanTiki 5k
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-19 11:21 am   Permalink

Yeah, I am sorry that I flaked. I have just been so busy lately, Sunday was the only day I could sleep in. I pretty much slept all of Sunday and I wish I had today off to sleep as well. Thanks for everyones hard work on this event. I hope it went really well! Post some pictures if anyone has any.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
notebooms
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-19 5:56 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to drop a huge thanks to Vantiki for setting this up, and all fellow runners for motivating us to wake up too damn early on a Sunday morning! Good times and great group, metals and snacks! Which, speaking of snacks: Cindiluhui..... can we get that recipe for those Paleo post run goodies you gave out? They hit the spot!

Mahalo,

-scott and anissa noteboom

View Profile of notebooms Send a personal message to notebooms  Email notebooms Goto the website of notebooms     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-19 6:07 pm   Permalink

I just got off the plane back here in Hawaii, and I wanted to share the photos I took right away. A HUGE mahalo to all who braved the early morning sun on Sunday - I had so much fun! Also, another big thank you to Cindiluhui for the amazing bibs and the yummy post-run fuel. I'm keeping my bib forever!

Ok - enough blabbing - here are the photos (sorry for the blurriness):

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-19 7:52 pm   Permalink

Looks like everyone had a great time. If I run 15 yards tomorrow and increase that by 15 yards every day I will be ready for next year

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheKiltedFez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-21 10:09 am   Permalink

It was so much fun! Thank you for doing it, and for everybody who contributed. I'm looking forward to doing it again next year. Maybe I'll be able to contribute some post race electrolyte replacements.

View Profile of TheKiltedFez Send a personal message to TheKiltedFez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cindiluhui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-22 2:19 pm   Permalink

That run was so fun! I was so tired and slow, but it was still a good time. Thank you so much Henrik for organizing it. I look forward to doing the same thing next year. I think I should have taken the lead and really got everyone stretching at the same time, but my brain wasn't fully functional. I will be happy to lead an organized post run stretch next year.

As for the Chocolate Date Squares, I found the recipe here:
http://www.thepaleomom.com/2012/04/recipe-chocolate-date-squares.html. The only thing I did different was roll the individual squares in a mixture of unsweetened cocoa powder and almond flower. How much? I don't know. I think it's about a tablespoon of cocoa powder to a half cup of almond flour? But they are just as great when they are plain.

Thank you all for the great run! Now I have to stay motivated so I can improve my time next year.

View Profile of Cindiluhui Send a personal message to Cindiluhui      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-22 2:29 pm   Permalink

GROG going to come run next year just to have the chocolate treats at the end.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-23 1:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-22 14:19, Cindiluhui wrote:
I think I should have taken the lead and really got everyone stretching at the same time, but my brain wasn't fully functional. I will be happy to lead an organized post run stretch next year.

That would be great! I wanted to stay and stretch with you folks a bit longer after the run, but I had to get showered and fed in time for vending.

We do a wacky thing in the VanTiki house for xmas - we decorate our tree with all our finisher's medals and bibs from races we have done. It gives us something to do with them, and it is fun to think back on the events when you decorate the tree. The awesome bib you made will get featured front and center!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pineappleman11
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-25 2:11 pm   Permalink

So Sorry I missed out. It was the first time I've ever slept through my alarm. My wife said i was so sound asleep that she had to crawl over me to turn off my alarm. I woke up around 8:15 and my first thought was. DAMN!
Looks like you guys had fun. Again so sorry i missed out

View Profile of Pineappleman11 Send a personal message to Pineappleman11  Goto the website of Pineappleman11     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cindiluhui
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-23 10:53 am   Permalink

Any chance of doing a run again this year? I've already started training just in case.

View Profile of Cindiluhui Send a personal message to Cindiluhui      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheKiltedFez
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-15 1:17 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I was wondering if this is going to happen again. It was so much fun the first time!

View Profile of TheKiltedFez Send a personal message to TheKiltedFez      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-21 2:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha Folks!

Sad to say it, but I'm not able to make it to Tiki Oasis 2014. I'd LOVE to fly out and do the 5K again, but the Pacific Ocean is vast, and we put all our tiki eggs into the Tiki Kon basket this year. Perhaps next year I'll be able to swing both events - cross your fingers!

Aloha,
Henrik "VanTiki"

Hula Ho

Posted: 2014-08-14 10:34 pm   Permalink

Is there a 5k this (20144) year?

View Profile of Hula Ho Send a personal message to Hula Ho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
retro-friki-tiki

Posted: 2014-08-14 11:04 pm   Permalink

:: Any rum-runners or beatniks up for a SUN morning "Freeform Experimental Shuffle" to keep VanTiki's ambling-torch lit for TKO 2014? I tried to look for last years' pic on the FB-page so all would get a notice, but no such luck...

View Profile of retro-friki-tiki Send a personal message to retro-friki-tiki  Email retro-friki-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation