FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Securing Outdoor Tiki Bars?
Securing Outdoor Tiki Bars?
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 06:35 am   Permalink

I'm curious how many of you with outdoor tiki bars secure them when not in use (both to prevent theft and weather damage)? Its not always obvious when looking at the bars here how they can be locked up. Please share what you do with any photos you have would be helpful as well. If you don't worry about security, feel free to mention that too.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 07:30 am   Permalink

Im in california, so by late Oct early Nov Ive gotta pack up the items I worry about getting ruined by the rain, as well as my dogs peeing on my tikis. as far as securing them, Ive got 3 big Boxers who sound vicious at the gate so no worries there

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 3:19 pm   Permalink

The base of my outdoor bar is made of cabinets. The center cabinet holds all my liquor so to keep uninvited guests out of it I have it padlocked. All my tiki treasures are in my hut which off season gets locked.

This year's project is to build a back bar. We're in the process of designing a enclosure for that part. Maybe shutters or something to keep everything displayed in that area safe & secure. I'm interested in hearing other's solutions!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-14 3:59 pm   Permalink

Our bar is not stocked when not in use. I expect that anything left out there will be protected by the tikis stationed around the place - that's their job after all.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-14 6:59 pm   Permalink

I'm also most concerned about a back bar area. I plan to have a small tv in the bar (sacrilege...I know) so that and whatever tiki treasures I have on the shelves and liquor would be left in the bar.

I've considered protecting just the back bar with cabinets, but it would be nice to be able to protect and store stuff in the bar area during the winter. So, to do that need to have something over the bar itself.

I've looked at rollup shutters..the commercial ones are about $1200. Menards sells a rollup garage door that can be ordered to size which would run about $350. Ideally I would like to have the ends of the bar open as well, so that would mean needing 3 (the smaller two I would need are $250 each). Which I guess if there aren't better options may be the way to go. Their tiki-ness when closed would not be good either.

I'm also looking at making a top hinged shutter than can be lifted up when the bar is open. I think this could be made to look more in line with the aesthetics of the bar. I would need to do something on the front sides of the bar if I want the ends open as well.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-16 09:53 am   Permalink

I don't secure mine, that's what insurance is for.

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation