FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts I made a mug....well with VanTiki's help
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
I made a mug....well with VanTiki's help
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 08:51 am   Permalink

Love what happens on VanTiki island....

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-17 7:06 pm   Permalink

That is just the COOLEST birthday experience! What a fantastic idea.

Glad you enjoyed the heck out of your day and great job on the mug! Thanks for sharing. Please be sure to update the thread with your finished product come August.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 2:02 pm   Permalink

Just saw this thread!

It was a ton of fun making the pomp-a-skulls! I plan on making one more BIG one for oasis. I'm thinking complete with a lower jaw, bigger hair, and (possibly) life sized. The mugs safely dried (no cracks), and I totally forgot to bisque fire them last week with the tiles. That is what happened when you don't check your drying rack before closing the kiln lid and throwing the ON switch. I'll most likely bisque them in a few weeks along with some of the other sculpts taking shape in the studio. I'll be sure to post pictures of the process Wendy!

SandraDee's mug getting details added on day 2:

My mug after the final detailing. You can just barely see how we added a hole to drink out of in the hair:

The mugs hiding on my drying shelf. I promise not to overlook them in the next bisque firing!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

[ This Message was edited by: VanTiki 2013-05-20 14:08 ]

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-20 2:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting more pics Henrik!

You have about 88 days to complete them (give or take a day or two) so no worries there !

I appreciate you doing all the final parts of the process that I can't help with...and I can't wait to see them in August!

I also can't wait to see this large size skull you are describing - sounds killer!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 2:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-20 14:28, SandraDee wrote:
You have about 88 days to complete them (give or take a day or two) so no worries there !

I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT ABOUT HOW CLOSE OASIS IS!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-20 3:01 pm   Permalink

We are totally excited that it is so close. But I'm freaking out on making the Sacramento Crawl mug so I know the feeling. See you there Sandra Dee and Van Tiki, hugs, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-13 10:54 pm   Permalink

Someone just reminded me I should finish this topic with completed images of the mug I made with Henrik back in March.

Henrik and his wife vended at Oasis this year and they were nice enough to bring my completed mug with them.

It turned out pretty great!!

Henrik sold his version of the similar mug on Ebay for $300+ ....wonder what mine would go for?

Kidding, I won't ever sell it...its too cool of a birthday gift...so if you happen to have bought Henrik's versions you should pm me so we can meet up and drink booze out of our "Hulabones" together

Thanks again guys for the awesome birthday and the awesome mug making experience!

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2013-09-13 23:09 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation