FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » The Lurid Low-Brow Tiki-Art of Brad "tiki-shark" Parker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Lurid Low-Brow Tiki-Art of Brad "tiki-shark" Parker
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-07 4:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
An art patron from down under has purchased a set of Monsters on vacation in Hawaii post cards, I'm gonna send a double set in case any get damaged on such a long postal trip...

Also, I got up to my ears in too much work and kinda got behind on my shipping, so this art patron has waited so patiently he deserves something extra... (I'm gonna put some more cool tiki-swag in his package too).
You looking for a set of Monsters in Hawaii POST CARDS?
Message me - I take pay Pal, they are $5 to the Mainland, and a bit more for S&H overseas. (Sorry only the patrons who's orders I screw up get extra free tiki-swag!)
Big Aloha!
BP~

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 3:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha tiki Tribe!
AND... HAPPY King Kamehameha Day!!!
- You know what that means? TIme for a "King Kamehameha Day Tiki-Art SALE!"

"TIKI CAT" for only $100! FREE SHIPPING to the mainland!
Only good for today, June 11th, King Kamehameha Day!!
only 1 giclee of this quality up for sale today.
First to personal message me - first gets the "TIKI CAT!"
This is a very high end Giclee on paper - museum quality! Printed with archival inks, fade resistant,
even in a bright room. Perfect for that enchanted tiki bar in your home or tropical rumpus room in da; basement .

"Tiki Cat" (giclee on heavy paper 16" x 20")
ALOHA! And HAPPY King Kamehameha I Day!

want to know more about "The Lonely One"? read cool stuff here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_Day

Here is a list of all art prints for sale.
1). "The Moon of Manakoora",
2.) "Forbidden Island" ,
3.) "Bela Lugosi Has a Zombie"
4.) "Tiki of the Blue Pool",
5.) "Diga Diga Doo",
6.) "Tiki Cat"
7.) "The Exotic Traveler" ,
8.) " Jungle Witch" (aka The enchantress)
9). "Mister Mai Tai" ,
10). "The Magician"
11.) "Faster Than Disaster"
12). "Kon Tiki Dream"
13). "The Were Wolf of Waikiki"
14). "The Kreature Of Kona"
15). "Dracula Drinks… a Mai Tai"
16). "Frankeinstein goes to Hawaii"
17). "Beyond the Reef"
18). "The Invisible Surfer"
19). "Cat of Nine Cocktails"
20.) "Hawaiian Ninja"
21). "Hawaii-ween"
22). "Secret Cove"
23.) "Tiger Shark Surfing"
24). "Hula Baby"
25). "Hawaiian Eye"
26). "Zombie-Tiki-Girl"
27). "Bongo Cat"
28). "Tiki Vs Godzilla"
28). "Hawaiian Eye - Episode two"
29). "Body Glove Sea Creature" * NOT for sale until 10/01/2013
30). "Lava Tiki & Beach Tiki"
31). "Four Monsters on Vacation in Hawaii": (Dracula, Werewolf, Kreature, Frankenstein, giclee on 1 sheet 16" x 20")
You can order them from:
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Toll Free – (888) 435-6612
Email - jillw@Wylandbigisland.com
Email – artexpert@hawaii.rr.com

or my mainland rep - Mahalo Tiki at http://www.mahalotiki.com/
or from my art studio at info@tikishark.com
Big Aloha!
Thanks so much for all your support and Aloha.
~BP

http://www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-07-19 21:05 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-14 7:45 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I picked up the custom sized canvas that will be the center piece of my 2014 summer art show at La Luz De Jesus Gallery in Los Angeles

Colette's Custom Framing has saved my butt so many times on rush jobs .... she is awesome! A great frame place that is run with Lots of ALOHA!

I also grabbed some gallery wrapped giclees

I'm excited about this canvas - my agent already is in discussions with an art patron on it's purchase... it'd be interesting to know what actually is going to go ON IT! (hey, I've said my art agent/partner Abbas, has really been a big help in getting my "gallery" art career going -, but wow - he's really becoming awesome at this sort of thing. He started from a place where he said "I know nothing about art, I don't want to be an art agent." Now, he seems to know more about the art business than some curators and gallery owners. He's the guy behind putting together the big Body Glove tiki-mug release party for Body Glove/the Wyland Kona Ocean Front gallery this October. After listening to him, I understand so much more about how the whole art world and business world , and how they work hand in hand. A gallery is a store it's not a museum. I know, of course, it would be nice to have the two worlds be separate,- you know - art for art's sake, -well... in a perfect world... but in the real world, they are very very tied together.
I am actually starting to think that the business deals I see Abbas make are really PART of the whole Art experience I am putting out into the pop culture. I mean, if you are going to purchase an original "Low-Brow" art painting, shouldn't you get to make the "deal" with a tall, swanky dressed guy in dark glasses, oozing personality, driving an exotic sports car, with some kinda of gold tiki hanging around his neck?)

Hey I guess I don't say it enough - Big Mahalo Abbas! You Totally RAWK!

ANYWAYS, The BEST thing about working with Colette's Custom Framing is the smooches.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-18 05:06 ]

Kai Koa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-21 3:20 pm   Permalink

Give my Props to Abbas! He's Always been a pleasure to work with when it comes to your art work Brad.

View Profile of Kai Koa Send a personal message to Kai Koa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-23 12:41 am   Permalink

Thanks - he is da' BEST! now...

Aloha Tiki Tribe! These are my latest "Tiki-Art" paintings: "Lava Tiki & Beach Tiki".
The originals are already sold. For high quality prints (giclees) Please contact Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email -
jills@Wylandbigisland.com

2.) "Forbidden Island" ,
5.) "Diga Diga Doo",
6.) "Tiki Cat"
9). "Mister Mai Tai" ,
10). "The Magician"
12). "Kon Tiki Dream"
17). "Beyond the Reef"
20.) "Hawaiian Ninja"
21). "Hawaii-ween"
22). "Secret Cove"
24). "Hula Baby"
25). "Hawaiian Eye"
26). "Zombie-Tiki-Girl"
27). "Bongo Cat"
28). "Tiki Vs Godzilla"
31). "Four Monsters on Vacation in Hawaii": (Dracula, Werewolf, Kreature, Frankenstein, giclee on 1 sheet 16" x 20")
You can order them from:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email - jillw@Wylandbigisland.com

Big Aloha!
~BP

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-19 21:06 ]

Kai Koa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-07 09:22 am   Permalink

Just found these hard to find Brad "Tiki Shark" Parker Wood Block Prints on ebay, low starting price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321157968620?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_810wt_1255

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321157969738?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_810wt_1255

[ This Message was edited by: Kai Koa 2013-07-07 09:26 ]

View Profile of Kai Koa Send a personal message to Kai Koa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-07 4:24 pm   Permalink

That is AWESOME! When I worked with Earl Washington on making those Hand carved Woodblock prints, we split the run. I got all the odd numbers and he got all the even numbers. Then fate took Earl off before we could finish our planned series of 13"Tiki Noir" prints. Only 3 of the series were made. I've run out of mine... and these are going for insanely cheap price! You have to see them in person to really see Earl's amazing work. He is the last great hand carved wood block printer... and health reasons have stopped him from making any more. Get these while you can.

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-07 4:31 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Hey Just got a Special Delivery! My new 2014 TIKI Calendar is here! (Still warm from the Tiki-Batmobile!) Go to http://www.mahalotiki.com/ to get yours!

thomamas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-07 11:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-07 16:24, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
That is AWESOME! When I worked with Earl Washington on making those Hand carved Woodblock prints, we split the run. I got all the odd numbers and he got all the even numbers. Then fate took Earl off before we could finish our planned series of 13"Tiki Noir" prints. Only 3 of the series were made. I've run out of mine... and these are going for insanely cheap price! You have to see them in person to really see Earl's amazing work. He is the last great hand carved wood block printer... and health reasons have stopped him from making any more. Get these while you can.

Those are great prints.

I have a few different tropical prints like the one below that he signed "E.M. Washington 1939." Can you tell us anything about Washington or those works? For example, these were marketed as his grandfather's work, but I'm pretty sure they're not actually that old.

View Profile of thomamas Send a personal message to thomamas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-08 8:49 pm   Permalink

Well, all I will say is Earl is one colorful character. He was also one of the most dedicated artists I ever met. I was amazed at the great lengths he would go to just to acquire the perfect, aged paper from the right kind of mill, for his beloved prints, he would make one at a time, on his giant iron monstrosity of an antique press that looked like it belonged in a museum instead of a work shop. He is the last great hand carved wood block printer. It was inspirational to hear him talk about his work. However, often with artists so lost in their work, they don't quite work well in our modern rat-race world. He was truly of a different age, he followed his own rules - all to just make his art. …and fate never seemed kind to him. He would do anything to just keep making his beautiful prints, and didn't make choices the average joe would. Wow, he was anything but average. He's an artist in that deep, lost in his own world of creation, kind of way. A REAL DEAL artist, that is so rare. I was very excited to work with such a master of his craft. I think it made him all that much more interesting, and his prints that much more collectible. I think his unique, and maybe infamous, choices to survive with enough $ to just make art, raised his prints to an even higher level of "Art". If you have any of his prints, you know how beautiful they are. Sadly, health reasons have stopped him from hand carving his beloved prints. The world is cruel, we should had rewarded this artist with what ever he needed to work, but the world doesn't do that. Now it has deprived our culture of a true artist. If you can find any of his work - BUY IT!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-08 20:54 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-08 8:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Anyone hunting for a unique TIKI-MUG? I designed a set of 3 for Body Glove's 60th anniversary. Their ONLY mugs, in all that time of surf history! Can you believe it?! Well I've talked BODY GLOVE into Celebrating their 60 Year Anniversary this October, here in Hawaii. (where SURFING was born!) With my Custom, Limited edition Tiki-Mugs! Please check out this link to the Hawaiian Tourist Authority for more details: http://www.gohawaii.com/big-island/events/imported/2013/6/38E90CD3-09AA-DB76-FEE89E9F03986EE7

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-16 06:38 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
This is a sneak peak. They just arrived in the mail. There will be a sub set in the run of 100 signed and numbered mug sets sold through the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery.
A year after our meeting at DEMA of Tiki Shark Art, Body glove and Tiki Farm... the Body Glove 60th Anniversary mugs have been designed and made. All I can say is WOW! This RAWK, way beyond all my expectations! Holden out did himself, I think we all did our very best, and the results show! More info on how to preorder these for the big mug release party in Oct - watch the "Tiki Event" area of TC.... ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-18 13:10 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-17 8:55 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Here are some more shots of "the Body Glove / Tiki Shark" tiki-mug set!

These mugs will be for sale in OCTOBER 2013.

There is a big mug release party on October 24th & 25th.
Check the Tiki Central "Tiki Events" for my blog-thread about the event over there. Here is the Tiki-Art painting
about the short surf / monster film, in the painting you can see the two tikis and the Creature - now check how
they came out as tiki-mugs!

Limited edition of 100, signed and numbered (Signed & #ed sold as set of 3 only) through gallery.
Please contact

75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email -
jillw@Wylandbigisland.com

Big Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-19 21:06 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-18 04:22 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"Hawaiian Eye"

"Hawaiian Eye" in "SPECTRUM 19" on page 198.

"Hawaiian Eye" - giclee on heavy paper 16" x 20"

2.) "Forbidden Island" ,
5.) "Diga Diga Doo",
6.) "Tiki Cat"
9). "Mister Mai Tai" ,
10). "The Magician"
12). "Kon Tiki Dream"
17). "Beyond the Reef"
20.) "Hawaiian Ninja"
21). "Hawaii-ween"
22). "Secret Cove"
24). "Hula Baby"
25). "Hawaiian Eye"
26). "Zombie-Tiki-Girl"
27). "Bongo Cat"
28). "Tiki Vs Godzilla"
You can order them from:
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email -
jillw@Wylandbigisland.com

Big Aloha!
~BP

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-19 21:07 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-19 7:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Happy ALOHA Friday! May I suggest that pre-order your set of limited edition Tiki-Mugs now!
Please contact
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone – (808) 334-0037
Email -
jill@Wylandbigisland.com
Big Aloha!

www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-19 21:07 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation