FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace The lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
The lurid low-brow Tiki-Art of Brad (tiki-shark) Parker
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 9:13 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
OOPS!
I screwed up the e-mail address for the Wyland Gallery.
The proper e-mail is to Jill Weiss, senior Art Consultant, she is at
jillw@WylandBigIsland.com.
Sorry for any waste of your tiki-time with that, but lots of folks got through to them with the phone #. But please take a note of the proper e-mail. I went back through all my postings and tried to fix them all, I hope I didn't miss any. Big apologies, tiki tribe, thank you for understanding, your support and ALOHA! So plese use THIS info for contacting the gallery for Tiki Mugs or Art...
(May I suggest that pre-order your set of limited edition Tiki-Mugs now before they run out)
Please contact
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Kailua Kona, HI 96740-1782
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email - jillw@Wylandbigisland.com
Email artexpert@hawaii.rr.com

Jill Weiss is at her Email - jillw@Wylandbigisland.com

http://www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-19 21:47 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-20 4:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
New Tiki Mugs?
WHAT new tiki mugs?

- OH the "Limited Edition Body Glove/sea creature Tiki Mugs! Oh YEAH!
They have one set at the gallery, #1 of 100! (don't even ask how much
THAT one is going for!) the galley has had record amounts of pre-orders
for the mugs, well for ANYTHING they have ever had in the gallery!
(I think now they understand how tight and passionate we are as a "tiki Culture"!)
They will have art prints / giclees on paper and on canvas of the low-brow Tiki-Art
painting which helped start this whole she-bang!

and now we are gonna have Body Glove Sea Creature Beach Towels at the event too!

Even the mayor of the Big Island, who is a life long surfer,
sez he will come and help cut the Body Glove 60th Birthday cake!

The pre-orders are going fast and wild, so pre-order yours fromthe gallery before they RUN out!

here is the gallery info: To get YOUR set of Body Glove 60th year Anniversary/Sea Creature Tiki-Mugs ...

Please contact Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email -
jillw@Wylandbigisland.com Email artexpert@hawaii.rr.com
Big Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-20 16:22 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-21 12:14 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

"The Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug Set" is instantaneous gratification! "Kitsch" (German) is a style of mass-produced art or design using cultural icons.

According to Walter Benjamin, kitsch is an utilitarian object lacking all critical distance between object and observer; it "offers instantaneous emotional gratification without intellectual effort, without the requirement of distance, without sublimation". GREAT! Purchase your Tiki-Mugs and get your "Instantaneous Emotional Gratification"!!

Except, er... you have to "Pre-order" your "Instantaneous Gratification" for now.
However, u can do so at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!

Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery,
75-5770 Alii Drive
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email -
jillw@Wylandbigisland.com
or my mainland rep - Mahalo Tiki at http://www.mahalotiki.com/

Big Aloha!
Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."
- Honolulu Magazine "The Best Of" 2012 Issue

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-07-21 00:20 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-21 10:02 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Just got in a new batch of beautiful gallery wrapped giclee on canvas art prints - same size as the originals - really came out nice. I'm just so grateful that my printer is not moving off island...I was scared he was for the whole last year, he was actually in the process of moving! ...when finally the tiki gods or fate or what ever stepped in and now he's staying on the Big Island, and saved my butt! His work is some of the best around, and not just in Hawaii - Curators of galleries in LA have told me his giclees are the best they have ever seen. So check 'em out at www.mahalotiki.com Thanks, and BIG ALOHA!

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-22 06:48 am   Permalink

I didn't think the one would be that big. The mugs look freaking awesome, man!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-26 12:12 am   Permalink

Hale Tiki - Thanks! Most of my giclees are same size as the paintings, which are 24" x 30". The Mugs are great, and I'm really happy with all the work Tiki Farm did on them. I just got back the new paper giclee of the last two small 12 ' x 12" paintings, I talked with my printer, and we thought they looked so cool together we would offer them as two on one sheet like this: (to order go to www.mahalotiki.com or email my studio at info@tikishark.com)
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-26 02:38 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!Aloha Tiki Tribe! Check it out! "The Body Glove 60th Anniversary / Sea Creature Tiki-Mug Set"! Ready for you to "Pre-order" your limited edition set (right now, B4 they are all gone!) U can do so at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery! Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery,
75-5770 Alii Drive
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email -
or my mainland rep - Mahalo Tiki at http://www.mahalotiki.com/

Big Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-07-26 18:10 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-27 6:30 pm   Permalink

Aloha tiki tribe,
Thank you for interest, your support, and ALOHA! Plese use info for contacting the gallery for pre-ordering Tiki-Mugs or Art...
(May I suggest that pre-order your set of limited edition Tiki-Mugs now before they run out)
Please contact
Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery
75-5770 Alii Dr
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email -

www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-07-28 12:16 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 2:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Check it out the "The Body Glove 60th Anniversary / Sea Creature, limited edition, set of 3 Tiki-Mugs"!
Ready for you to "Pre-order" yours? (do it now, B4 they are all gone!) U can order at the Wyland Kona Oceanfront Gallery!

The Big Tiki-Mug release party is oin October.
Go to the link for more info on more tiki-swag Art prints, and tee shirts, skate decks, beach towels, etc...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42660&forum=4&start=60&66

75-5770 Alii Drive
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email - jillw@Wylandbigisland.com

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-07-30 15:02 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 10:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
I got to show off for my family a little today - my sister and my brother-in-law are here for a visit.
Last time they were here I wasn't showing in any gallery, much less having the whole front window!
Big Mahalo to the Wyland for all their support and Aloha!

75-5770 Alii Drive
Phone (808) 334-0037
Toll Free (888) 435-6612
Email -

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-01 22:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-03 14:37 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 2:32 pm   Permalink

ALOHA!
Extremely Limited Edition new product coming out!
"The Body Glove Sea-Creature Beach-Towel" PRE-ORDER yours today from
http://www.mahalotiki.com
(916) 265-1241 talk to Nelson Parker

The original "low-Brow Tiki-Art" painting

Painting & the new Towel

"NEW Body Glove Sea Creature Towel!

Not a bad match!

Came out better than I hoped. However, A Very limited Edition - for Body Glove's 60th Year Anniversary!

2014 TIKI calendars

cards cd's & art prints

& the limited edition Body Glove Sea Creature Tiki-Mug Set!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-03 14:47 ]

Kai Koa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-03 3:18 pm   Permalink

Wow definitely the coolest beach towel I ever seen! I just put my order in thru Mahalo Tiki.

View Profile of Kai Koa Send a personal message to Kai Koa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 5:43 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
and thank you Aki Koa!
I am very happy with this towel, and I'm jazzed with this whole project... the actual fact that I was able to have such cool "low-brow Tiki-Art" in the mainstream rep-ing a major Surf Brand has really made my inner Art Muse very happy. It's gettin' TIKI out there in the world where maybe it wasn't seen before. And, after a few go arounds with a few different factories I think we finally found one that can get a full color painting screened down to work as a Beach Towel design... This was tougher than I thought. We are now, after seeing this prototype, making the towel a little thicker, (one notch up from the average tourist souvenir towel, getting a Woven label instead of a printed one, all to keep in step with Body Glove's higher standards as a hard core surf brand. When you look at both the towel and the original painting, I think they got darned close, even bumped up the green on the creature a bit to brighter - suitable for eye grabbing in the tourist shop. Ah, what will the tourists think when they see this monster? I know it's a limited edition and will go fast, barely making the shelfs anywhere really, but, what a hoot if will be for the lucky few vacationers who stumble upon it!

~ Grab your Extremely Limited Edition new "The Body Glove Sea-Creature Beach-Towel" before they are gone - disappearing like the mysterious beast itself... PRE-ORDER yours today from
http://www.mahalotiki.com (916) 265-1241 talk to Nelson Parker. with Nelson Parker. ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-03 17:56 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 5:59 pm   Permalink

ALOHA Tiki Tribe!

...And yes, the Body Glove Sea Creature is a great Towel...

...which will be the perfect thing to wrap around these babies so they don't get chipped!
- Yeah, I'm still thrilled I gotten a little low-brow -Tiki-Art out there right smack dab in the Hawaii Tourist Marketplace. (at least while they last).

... now On to finish up the design for the TEE SHIRT!
PRE-ORDER yours today from
http://www.mahalotiki.com (916) 265-1241 talk to Nelson Parker.

.Brad (Tiki Shark) Parker
"Brad Parker creates lurid paintings that pull in influences from tiki, comics, and rock."
- Honolulu Magazine "The Best Of" 2012 Issue

ALOHA!
http://www.tikishark.com

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-03 18:04 ]

Elgarbo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-04 12:32 am   Permalink

Pre-ordered my mugs... Very excited to put them alongside my original design sketches for the set!

View Profile of Elgarbo Send a personal message to Elgarbo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation