FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » The Lurid Low-Brow Tiki-Art of Brad "tiki-shark" Parker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
The Lurid Low-Brow Tiki-Art of Brad "tiki-shark" Parker
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 7:11 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-15 8:25 pm   Permalink

"Aloha Tiki Tribe!

...I am Béla Lugosi!

...I give you the TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE!!

...Dig the cool swanky Tiki Calendars!

...I am controlling the mind of Mahalo-Tiki (Nelson Parker) and I will bend him to my will!

...He is my Zombie!

...and I will make him give you a big TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE! Go to Tiki Oasis...

...listen to my words in your mind...

...Drink the Zombie...

...Go see Nelson Parker & buy a Tiki Calendar

...and ask for da' big TIKI OASIS discount price ...$10!

...This is Béla Lugosi in your mind saying

...ALOHA!"

http://www.mahalotiki.com http://www.tikioasis.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-15 20:41 ]

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-15 10:31 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! It's the Béla Lugosi contest!! If you can name the Three films those photos of Béla Lugosi are from I will send you a FREE 2014 TIKI Calendar, signed, with FREE shipping!!! -but, …you gotta name 'all three. Two of them are pretty easy, but one is fairly obscure. First Tiki-Tribe member to post the names of all three films Wins! Good luck & ALOHA!

Quote:

On 2013-08-15 20:25, Tiki Shark Art wrote:
"Aloha Tiki Tribe!

...I am Béla Lugosi!

...I give you the TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE!!

...Dig the cool swanky Tiki Calendars!

...I am controlling the mind of Mahalo-Tiki (Nelson Parker) and I will bend him to my will!

...He is my Zombie!

...and I will make him give you a big TIKI OASIS BLOW-OUT Tiki-Calendar SALE! Go to Tiki Oasis...

...listen to my words in your mind...

...Drink the Zombie...

...Go see Nelson Parker & buy a Tiki Calendar

...and ask for da' big TIKI OASIS discount price ...$10!

...This is Béla Lugosi in your mind saying

...ALOHA!"

http://www.mahalotiki.com http://www.tikioasis.com/

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-15 20:41 ]

Aloha Tiki Tribe! It's the Béla Lugosi contest!! If you can name the Three films those photos of Béla Lugosi are from I will send you a FREE 2014 TIKI Calendar, signed, with FREE shipping!!! -but, …you gotta name 'all three. Two of them are pretty easy, but one is fairly obscure. First Tiki-Tribe member to post the names of all three films Wins! Good luck & ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-16 01:24 ]

Kai Koa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-15 11:07 pm   Permalink

Chandu the Magician..... Dracula........White Zombie.

View Profile of Kai Koa Send a personal message to Kai Koa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 01:10 am   Permalink

Sorry. You got one right: Yes on "White Zombie". No "Dracula". No "Chandu the Magician (but that's a good guess!)

Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 06:28 am   Permalink

you'll find out, mark of the vampire, white zombie

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 10:48 am   Permalink

Correct!

#1.) "You'll Find Out": A mystery/comedy with "Boris Karloff" & "Peter Lorre" - where Bela Lugosi is a psychic medium (hence the turban) and there is one of the coolest and most swanky seance scenes ever with Bela conjuring the "Fire of Death" to protect the room from Evil spirits while Kay Kaiser's band plays some mood music ...complete with glowing conductor baton! The film was nominated for an Academy Award in 1940 for Best Original Song (I'd Know You Anywhere). Yeah, it's got musical numbers!

#2.) - "Mark of the Vampire" (also known as Vampires of Prague) 1935: Mark of the Vampire was originally 75 minutes, but was cut back to 61 minutes by MGM. Reportedly this was due to incestuous overtones – then unacceptable by the standards of the Production Code – between Count Mora (played by Lugosi) and his daughter Luna. In the original script, it is explained that Count Mora was condemned to eternity as a vampire for this crime. The now-mysterious blood on the right temple is the result of him shooting himself out of guilt.

#3.) "White Zombie" (1932) This is one of my all time favorite films, for many reasons. It has some amazing visuals, that still are creepy and striking. It's perhaps the very first "Zombie" film ever made. It treated it's black characters not as stereo-types so common in the 30's but as real people not in the embrassing "over-the-top" comedy relief all black characters were forced to play in films of that time period. And, of course, Béla Lugosi stars as the antagonist, "Murder Legendre". One of Béla's best roles ever! Really at the top of his game. Béla Lugosi is in Fantaisticly extreme villianous make-up (with ultra arched eye-brows and a satanic looking forked beard) designed by the famous Jack Pierce - the genius responsible for the make-up of several other famous horror films of the era including Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, and The Mummy (1932). "White Zombie"'s an American independent Pre-Code horror film directed and produced by brothers Victor Halperin and Edward Halperin. The screenplay by Garnett Weston, based on a book by William Seabrook, it tells the story of a young woman's transformation into a zombie at the hands of an evil voodoo master; Béla Lugosi as "Murder Legendre" the King of the Zombies!
I so love this film, I made a "Tiki-Art Low-Brow" painting bout it: "Béla Lugosi has a Zombie", 24" x 30" acrylic on Canvas.
- OKAY - You Won! Personal message me where you want your signed Tiki Calendar! ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki shark art 2013-08-18 03:47 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-16 9:42 pm   Permalink

I gotta say, Holler Waller, I am impressed!

I must not be the only Bela Lugosi nut in the Tiki Tribe!

I knew folks would get "White Zombie", and "Mark of the Vampire" is pretty easy for a Lugosi fan once you notice the bullet hole in his head...

...but I NEVER thought anyone would guess "You'll Find Out"!! - even though it is a wonderful movie. It's a musical comedy/haunted mansion romp done in total 1940's over the top glamor style. It has the three greatest silver screen villains of all time ( Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, and Bela Lugosi ) all working together against the odd-ball comedy maestro of his day: "Kay Kaiser and his Musical Collage Orchestra".

It's BEAUTIFULLY shot is that glorious Black and White that just glows on the screen with shadows and lighted areas crafting created depth in this mansion of weird tribal artifacts ( I keep looking for a Tiki, but not sure I've found one yet) like no color film can.

Boris is at his ultra-suave best.

Peter Lorre is trim and lethal in a smoking lounge-lizard kinda' way.

Then Bela Lugosi comes in as a psychic in a turban, evil incarnate in all the splendor a 1940's Hollywood could create. the ultimate scene in the film is a seance, held by Bela Lugosi - who seals the room with these mega-deadly Tesla Phantasm silver spheres shooting Frankenstein voltage in "The Fire of Death" at any "evil spirit" (or helpless victim) trying to pass through the exits of the room during the seance.

Kay Kaiser's band just so happens to set up in the grand ball room where the seance is being held, and sets the mood- with glowing conductor baton weaving in gloomy atmosphere!

Freakin' awesome! Lugosi enters the Spirit Box and goes into a Deep Trance... bringing in the supernatural, and maybe an untimely early death to a young heiress... a real show stopping scene that is just off the swank scale! All this plus, a some musical numbers.

Anyways - it's worth a watch.
Congrats H.W.!

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/82791%7C0/You-ll-Find-Out.html

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-16 21:55 ]

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-17 10:51 pm   Permalink

Holler Waller
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-18 8:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the contest -

-after weeks of moving, just today I found my other unused signed calendar

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 1:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Left to Right: The Body Glove Sea-Creature. Me & owner Daley Meistrell (third generation of the surfing & diving family who owns Body Glove), The limited edition set of Body Glove 60th Anniversary / Sea-Creature Tiki-Mugs! Release date is October 24th to pre-order your set (before they sell out cause they are half gone now) contact www.mahalotiki.com/ & www.wylandbigisland.com/ BBCode Start -->

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 4:08 pm   Permalink

"Beyond The Reef" This month's best selling Giclee Art Print. Contact www.mahalotiki.com

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-30 11:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe! Check out the Wyland Gallery Monthly specials! http://www.wylandbigisland.com/monthly_specials.html

Kai Koa
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-31 1:28 pm   Permalink

Thanx for the heads up Brad! Just ordered my A/P edition limited to 10 sets of the Body Glove mugs from Kris at Wylands. Cant wait to see how you can make these even more cooler!

View Profile of Kai Koa Send a personal message to Kai Koa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-31 6:25 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

The Body Glove Sea-Creature is coming! It crawled into the Surf World as an entry into the "Trans World Surf Film Contest", representing Body Glove, Pro-Surfer / Film Maker Greg Browning made "The Disappearance": a 7 minute film about the Body Glove Surf Team on a remote island looking for the perfect wave, and finding a hungry Sea-Creature. The film won FIRST PLACE! - plus Took several other Surf Film Festivals by storm. Greg showed it to me in hope it'd inspire me, and it did! I painted a 24" x 30" Tiki-Art version that was sold, ...but, now you can have the Body Glove Sea Creature Lurk in your home Tiki-Bar as a beautiful, Limited edition, signed & Numbered, Museum Quality Giclee Art Print on Canvas. Same size as the original & made with fade resistant archival inks. Even in a bright room this puppy will not loose it's vibrant colors!

Check out the 7 minute Film "The Disappearance" here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH7i3d0VJ1A

Want to purchase an Ultra-Swanky Art Print? Limited Edition Canvas, or same fade resistant High Quality on Paper at 16" x 20"- They can be pre-ordered (to the public Sale on October 24th - just in time for Halloween! ) from Mahalo Tiki at http://www.mahalotiki.com or from the Wyland Gallery here in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii at http://www.WylandBigIsland.com. Find more Sea-Creature & Tiki swanky swag at https://www.facebook.com/tikisharkarthawaii
ALOHA!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Shark Art 2013-08-31 18:36 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation