FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » The Lurid Low-Brow Tiki-Art of Brad "tiki-shark" Parker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
The Lurid Low-Brow Tiki-Art of Brad "tiki-shark" Parker
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-20 4:04 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
A very unique piece of TIKI ART is up for sale.
One of a kind.

"Vacation Gone Wrong".
Original. Acrylic on (distressed) canvas 17" x 27"
mounted inside 33" x 26" Bamboo Box Frame with Black Back ground.
Contact the gallery for pricing, Matt Kennedy,
La Luz De Jesus Gallery 4633 Hollywood Boulevard Los Angeles, CA. 90027 (323) 666-7667
Email:
info@laluzdejesus.com attn: Matt Kennedy

for more sordid detail look here: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=21212&forum=18&start=3855&3858

I sold a funny picture of a little dog. It went out in to the world. Had an epic journey,. Made it's way back to me as real art.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-24 06:03 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe.
So, I have a big art-show coming up on July 4th in LA at "La luz de Jesus Gallery". Famous for being the birth-place for the "Low-Brow" Art movement started by Robert Williams. This is the biggest most important show of my career thus far. I will be showing 7 paintings. I had planned on more, but this cursed law suit with Cafe Press, (in which they stole my art and was selling it on line), really threw my Artist' focus off - and I found it very hard to work.

Luckily, my Art Agent talked the gallery into showing what else has been happening with my art over the last 2 years as well, so I'll also show Skate Decks & whole Boards w/custom wheels, Boogie Boards, Beach Towels, and such stuff. Should be a nice amount of eye candy. Even several sketches and drawings will be framed and up for sale.

Here's a look at the paintings.

1.) "The Red Tiki Lounge", 24" x 30" Acrylic on canvas.

2.) "The Wanderer", 15" x 30" Acrylic on canvas. A Tiki-Art version of "Wanderer above the Sea of Fog" (German: Der Wanderer über dem Nebelmeer; also known as "Wanderer Above the Mist") a painting composed in 1818 by the German Romantic artist Caspar David Friedrich.

3.) "The Body Glove Sea Creature", 24" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas.

4.) "Two Tikis", 18" x 24" , acrylic on canvas

5.) "The Sea Witch", 24" x 30" Acrylic on Canvas.

6.) "Token Tiki on a Sincere-Blue Back-Ground", 24" x 30", acrylic on canvas.

7.) "Vacation Gone Wrong", Acrylic on (distressed) canvas 17" x 27", mounted inside Custom 33" x 26" Bamboo Box Frame, with Black Back ground.

Here's a look at the beach towels:

The Beyond the Reef Beach Towel

The Tiki Cat Beach Towel

The Moon of Manakoora Beach Towel

The Forbidden Island Beach Towel

Many of the paintings have been pre-sold, so call for availability. They have a good supply of beach towels, but the gallery has been steadily selling taking pre-orders of them as well, they even ship over seas. They are going fast, so if you really want one, or a set, contact the gallery now instead of later.

For info on the show please contact:
Matt Kennedy
La Luz de Jesus Gallery
4633 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(323) 666-7667
www.laluzdejesus.com
E-mail info@laluzdejesus.com

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-26 12:14 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
While looking through all my stuff in my art studio, getting things ready for the "Best of the West" Art show here in Kona this Saturday, and also my Big July 4th show in LA next month, I ran across this little gem!
This drawing was a a study I did for "The Jungle Witch".

"Jungle Witch-Girl"

On sketch book paper 8 1/2" x 11"
There's a real cool freshness this drawing caught.

It looks very different than the painting, but has a great look and feel all it own.

"Jungle Witch-Girl"
Pencil on paper
8 1/2" x 11"
$250.00

Only one, so first come first served.
E-mail me at
Brad@tikishark.com, or message me here at tiki Central
I then take Pay Pal.
Good luck and ALOHA!

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-26 6:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!
Hey, check out whats up on da' Body Glove web site!
http://www.bodyglove.com/shop/categories/?5183/towels

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-27 12:37 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe,
Hey check out this notice I found on line about my up coming Tiki-Art show at La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Hollywood.

Jeepers Creepers!~ I can't believe they're almost pau already! If you wanna get a set maybe you should
contact the gallery sooner instead of later.
Big thanks to everyone who's been so supportive and showing their love of the Tiki-Art at this Show!
ALOHA!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation