FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Bali Hai - San Diego Monthly Monday Meetups
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Bali Hai - San Diego Monthly Monday Meetups
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-12 5:45 pm   Permalink

LVG - come AFTER the concert!

We'll still be there! We'll wait!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki leki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-02 7:14 pm   Permalink

Are we on for8Monday?

View Profile of tiki leki Send a personal message to tiki leki  Email tiki leki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-03 06:49 am   Permalink

Yes come on by starting at 6.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 4:11 pm   Permalink

We should be there between 6 - 6:30.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 8:03 pm   Permalink

All right, a few have fessed up to heading to the Bali Hai for the Monday meet-up. Who else? John, are you back on the mainland?

Hope to see a big group of TCers....

David / Tiki Ano

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-03 11:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-03 20:03, TikiAno wrote:
All right, a few have fessed up to heading to the Bali Hai for the Monday meet-up. Who else? John, are you back on the mainland?

Hope to see a big group of TCers....

David / Tiki Ano

Oh yeah, I'm back Brudda. Elena and I will be getting there a little early tomorrow (5:30).

Aloha!

View Profile of John Slinger Send a personal message to John Slinger  Email John Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-04 6:06 pm   Permalink

Whoops, gotta bow out, things came up at the last minute!
Have a great time!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-05 3:12 pm   Permalink

Good times yesterday at the Bali Hai. Great talking story with all, cool to meet some new folks. For all of ya that didn't come, we had the run of the bar to ourselves (mostly), and a mysterious stranger kept buying us drinks and food til we could eat or drink no more....

Too bad ya missed it... See you next month!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-05 8:34 pm   Permalink

Great to see everybody last night. Not a huge crowd, but that means being able to talk to people a bit. Thanks for making & sharing the swingin' medallions, TikiAno!

This is the coolest after-school club ever.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-05 9:57 pm   Permalink

Sorry for the late Meet Up post for October, but I was out of town this month….

October Bali Hai Meet Up was a special one.

David brought pendants he made for all the Meet Up Ohana. Thanks David for your gifts. I'd bet you'll be having some Mai Tais coming your way.

The SD Ohana on this hot evening was Trish, Doug, Derek, Nick, Matt ,David, Erik, Elena, Roxanne.

Not pictured: Treg, Emily, and Anders.
MNF fans don't fret, there are TV screens in the bar.
Thank you Elena for holding down the hut while I was away.

Mucho Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: John Slinger 2013-11-05 21:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: John Slinger 2014-03-12 02:11 ]

View Profile of John Slinger Send a personal message to John Slinger  Email John Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
John Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-05 10:27 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki Peeps make sure you check out our Facebook page and join to see the latest shenanigans of the Bali Hai Ohana.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/620008348012136/

Huzzah!

John Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-05 11:02 pm   Permalink

Last nights November meeting was all to ourselves. There was hardly any patrons at the Polynesian Palace last night. We outnumbered them for sure.

Tiki Secret… Someone in the group last night has some upcoming special information you will all hear about soon. I'm not saying anymore about it, but if you know her you might know what it is, oops.

Roll Call: Myself (behind the camera, story of my life), Elena, Amy, Ted, David, new Ohana member Norm, Mark, Chris, Jen, April, and Richard.

By pure Tiki magic we had a new friend join us who you may all know already, the well-known artist Norm Daniels. He happen to be there at the bar last night as he is a regular and the Bali Hai staff ( thanks Josh) directed him our way because they know how to bring ohana together. David and Norm chatting up and sharing trade secrets.

I got to get my pendant last night because I missed last months Meet Up and so did a few others. Mahalo TikiAno!

See you all next month, Monday Dec. 2nd, Huzzah!

[ This Message was edited by: John Slinger 2013-11-05 23:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: John Slinger 2013-11-09 10:51 ]

SailorJenny

Posted: 2013-11-06 11:18 am   Permalink

Thanks for organizing - we had a great time, see you next month! Next time in full color.

[ This Message was edited by: SailorJenny 2013-11-06 11:18 ]

View Profile of SailorJenny Send a personal message to SailorJenny      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-06 2:26 pm   Permalink

John, thanks for organizing once again. Great meeting new folk- I bet Norm comes next time- I think a few people there heard this, but it was great hearing him talk about the early days at the Bali Hai- and the work that he (and his father?) did there. We also have a ton of mutual friends/ contacts, and remembered my business from its early days. Good times.

There are still some SD Ohana pendants left- but not too many. i keep bringing lots to the meet ups, and then some mysteriously disappear along the way. Damn rum.

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-02 5:25 pm   Permalink

Bump for tonight!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation