FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Bali Hai - San Diego Monthly Monday Meetups
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Bali Hai - San Diego Monthly Monday Meetups
Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 1:25 pm   Permalink

TikiTie,

My limited Tiki drink experiences at the High Dive and Bar Pink have not been that great. I really like both of these places and dig the vibe and feel of both. Im pretty sure you can get mugs at both and at the high dive you can also get a Ballast Point mug. If at the High Dive Id take advantage of the killer beer selection. Lots of good local brews there.

I typically only hit the Tiki Tuesday at Bar Pink when Secret Samurai is playing.
Waangs is located around the corner from Bark Pink and has a cool mug if they are still available and I liked their Tiki style drink too.

If you like beer, San Diego is a great beer town. Id recommend doing some tastings at some breweries if possible. While on shelter Is. You can walk down to Fathom, the beer joint on the fishing pier. Its a fun little place to get a beer and explodo dog.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.
SK

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-24 2:18 pm   Permalink

Sofa King,
Have you seen this yet? You should sue...

Bamalamalu,
Here is the Raglan "rum drink" in all its glory. Even down to the passion fruit froth. I want to go get one right now...

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 3:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-23 18:05, bamalamalu wrote:
Oh, wow, we really liked the Tiki's 1944 Mai Tai. That would almost entice me to go to OB.

[ This Message was edited by: bamalamalu 2013-06-23 18:18 ]

Ha ha ha ha ha!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sofa King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-24 14:18, lunavideogames wrote:
Sofa King,
Have you seen this yet? You should sue...

Thanks bro. My lawyer is all over this.

View Profile of Sofa King Send a personal message to Sofa King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-27 11:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-24 14:18, lunavideogames wrote:

Bamalamalu,
Here is the Raglan "rum drink" in all its glory. Even down to the passion fruit froth. I want to go get one right now...

I think I will go get one of these today.

Will we see you guys at the Bali Hai on Monday after you get off work?

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-27 11:59 am   Permalink

I might get one today too. Dangerous!

Yes, we will be there Monday. Sadly in August I will be out of town for a wedding. It will be good to see everyone on Monday!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psych-ki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-27 9:19 pm   Permalink

Pacific Shores in OB has been running ads saying they feature mai-tais. They are not horrible, but just this side of it. Should have known better.

View Profile of Psych-ki Send a personal message to Psych-ki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-29 11:45 am   Permalink

Who is ready for one of these?

Monday is the first Monday of July. See you all Monday!

Aloha!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Slinger 2014-03-12 02:03 ]

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-29 10:53 pm   Permalink

John, sorry I will miss you guys this month (unless you guys will be staying late, have to work) but hope to see everyone next month. Thanks for organizing once again.

On other San Diego Mai Tai recs, I'm still surprised by the quality (layered, Hawaiian style) & strength of one I had at Tidewaters in Solana Beach- though that was 7 or 8 years ago. Not sure if the quality is as it used to be- keep meaning to go try it out. Especially good, even if it's in a Solana Beach sports bar. C-Level makes a pretty great one, too- beautifully presented, just hard to get a seat there.

I do love the High Dive, and the owner is a huge tiki fan. They often have Mai Tais on tap- made, I think, with the new Ballast Point (local brewery and spirit maker) Mai Tai mix. If you live in SD and haven't tried any of their beers- or spirits, I highly recommend them. Their "Three Sheets Rum" for cocktails. There's a good review for it (scroll down to the bottom) here:
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2012/06/3-must-try-american-rums-review-railean-bull-run-pacific-rum-ballast-point-three-sheets.html

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-30 1:17 pm   Permalink

I work until 8 but they stay open til 10ish, so we will still be there. You should try to make it if you can!

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-06-30 16:28 ]

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-30 3:55 pm   Permalink

I expect I'll be there by 6.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psych-ki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-01 4:37 pm   Permalink

I'll be there on time for last call if I make it all!

View Profile of Psych-ki Send a personal message to Psych-ki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 5:05 pm   Permalink

Planning to be there by around 7. We can't stay too late, but hopefully we'll be able catch both some of the earlier and later arrivals!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rapa Nui Rich
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-01 8:55 pm   Permalink

A very fun afternoon and I had a blast with some really cool people! This is it San Diego, we've gotta make it happen!

[ This Message was edited by: Rapa Nui Rich 2013-07-01 20:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Rapa Nui Rich 2013-07-01 20:59 ]

View Profile of Rapa Nui Rich Send a personal message to Rapa Nui Rich  Email Rapa Nui Rich     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-02 12:14 am   Permalink

The July Meet-up was a good one. We closed the place again this month.

The July group was strong.

The group with special guests Bill Graff, Alan Knepper and Maria Ferro.

Ted and Amy.

Patric, Mark and Cynde.

Elena and I.

Barry, Joni and Chris.

Mahalo to all that came out. For those of you who haven't joined us, be there for the August meet-up!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Slinger 2014-03-12 02:03 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation