FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events SD Ohana - Meetup Group - Bali Hai
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
SD Ohana - Meetup Group - Bali Hai
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-05-01 8:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-05-01 07:20, Cammo wrote:
We have news about San Diego's Drop-Ins surf band for the Bali-Haiers, is this Monday happening?

Looks like it's summer out there...

Right as rain. We meet every first Monday of the month. In fact, next month's (June) meet up will be our 3rd anniversary.

We are looking forward to hearing more about the Drop-Ins! See you there....

John (Tiki Slinger)

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-05-02 10:33 am   Permalink

The Drop-Ins surf band starring Buzzy, Fuzzy and Danno will be playing this Friday, May 6th in San Diego!

The club just informed us that the event will be FREE: NO COVER CHARGE!!!

We'd really like to make this a special gig for all the Tiki Ohana, and we're going to have some posters and other giveaways.

The Drop-Ins play all classic 1960's surf music. It's gonna be a splashin' seaside bash.

INFO
Friday, May 6th, 9pm - 11:30pm
at the Blackthorn Pub
3010 Clairemont Drive
San Diego CA 92117
tel. (619) 276-3462
FREE, NO COVER CHARGE

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2016-05-02 10:44 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-05 10:33 am   Permalink

Aloha Ohana,

At tomorrow's 3rd anniversary party meet up we are going to have some cool activities. First off our famous Ohana artist Norm Daniels will be personalizing SD Ohana mugs for you lucky people, so bring your mug and he will put your name on it. Also, we will be raffling off a handful of cool prizes that we have put together. IF ANYONE HAS SOMETHING THEY'D LIKE TO DONATE TO THE RAFFLE THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Please bring it and let us know. Come celebrate with the Ohana tomorrow evening.

Mucho Mahalos, John and Elena

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2016-06-05 12:23 pm   Permalink

Cool! We have such a great SD Ohana

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Drifter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 08:58 am   Permalink

Anything a newbie needs to do or can I just drop by? I saw the note that for July it will be on the 11th.

My brother and I went to TikiBeat last month and it was a blast. Although we got some good-natured ribbing for not being in proper tiki garb

View Profile of Tiki Drifter Send a personal message to Tiki Drifter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-27 10:27 am   Permalink

Aloha, Tiki Drifter - nothing to do in advance, just come on down!

We'll be the big colorful gang in the lounge area. Just grab a seat and say hello (though the turnout has been so great lately so we may need to start suggesting bringing your own chair!) The first people are usually there by around 5 - 5:30 and some usually remain at closing, so just head over at whenever time works for you.

Thanks for bumping this as a reminder: For July only, we'll be meeting on Monday the 11th due to the crazy holiday traffic and parking issues on Shelter Island on the 4th.

Cheers!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Drifter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-06-27 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-06-27 10:27, bamalamalu wrote:
and some usually remain at closing

Hahah well it's a work night so I won't be one of those folks

View Profile of Tiki Drifter Send a personal message to Tiki Drifter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-06-27 3:11 pm   Permalink

Tornado Tiki and I will be in S.D. the weekend of July 15-17 and would appreciate if anybody can give us any info on hip happenings in the San Diego area.

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2016-06-27 4:08 pm   Permalink

Sure, let me know if you wanna meet up for a drink. I know all the spots. Feel free to PM me.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 5:53 pm   Permalink

The Drop-Ins Big Summer Beach Party with Buzzy, Fuzzy and Danno will be playing Friday, July 8th in San Diego!

For the Tiki Ohana we'll be having a whole series of Free Raffles, specializing in CLASSIC EXOTICA VINYL and a special GRANDE TIKI PRIZE you're going to love.

This is gonna be a big one, come out for a groovy set of tunes and the Crazee Antics of our very own Buzzman from the House of Buzz, Upper Buzztown, U.S. of Buzz-A.

INFO
Friday, July 8th, 9pm - 11:30pm
BLACKTHORN PUB
3010 Clairemont Drive
San Diego CA 92117
tel. (619) 276-3462

NO COVER CHARGE

FREE RAFFLE

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Drifter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 29 days ago; 7:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-06-27 08:58, Tiki Drifter wrote:
My brother and I went to TikiBeat last month and it was a blast. Although we got some good-natured ribbing for not being in proper tiki garb

http://sdcitybeat.com/galleries-view-photo-151-217-23261.html

We're famous!

Tiki Drifter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 18 days ago; 10:03 pm   Permalink

Ok, so yes, I'll be the nerd who is posting here right after getting back from the event!

Such a good outing for this fledgling tikiphile! Met many good people, had >1 delicious beverages, and got lots of cutting edge tiki tips! I opened a new Evernote on my phone to keep track of suggestions about rums, mixers, bars, venues, and so much more. Also, @Atomicchick showed me photos of her home bar and kkkrrrraaaaaazy epic mug collection!!

Got lots of insider info on the upcoming Tiki Oasis and I didn't think it was possible to look forward to it more but I AM.

(...........and yes I need to purchase more aloha shirts.........)

bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 17 days ago; 9:35 pm   Permalink

Nice to meet you! Impressive turnout again, even with lots of people away for Tiki Kon. Sorry we didn't get to meet all the new folks - next month!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Drifter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 11 days ago; 8:14 pm   Permalink

Is anyone going to the makeke at Don's this Saturday?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation