FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Bali Hai - San Diego Monthly Monday Meetups
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 )
Bali Hai - San Diego Monthly Monday Meetups
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-21 10:57 am   Permalink

Alright! Looking forward to meeting you!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2015-05-27 11:55 am   Permalink

Kettner Exchange in Little Italy is having a 5 course Tiki dinner June 3rd and 17th. It seems really cool, unfortunately I cannot attend. I thought some of you guys might want to check out this cool tiki event in SD. Email events@kettnerexchange.com to reserve your seats. Here is a breakdown:

Kettner Exchange
2001 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 255-2001

$90 PER PERSON + TAX 8% + SERVICE CHARGE 21%

Course 1 - Fatty crab, soft shell, bok choy, cilantro, Texas toast
Scorpion Bowl
Gin, Navy Strength Rum, Cuban Style 151 Rum, Lime, Orange, Pineapple, Pomegranate, Falernum, Champagne

- Course 2 - Whole fried Awani, coconut, Vietnamese herbs, jasmine rice
Piña Colada
Jamaican Demerara Rum, Pineapple, Lime, Coconut

- Course 3 - OAK barrel roasted Jidori chicken, dandelion greens, potato purée, Sherry jus
Tiki Cross
White Rum, Jamaican Rum, Añejo Rum, Pineapple, Lime, Orgeat, Falernum, Curacao, Black Walnut Bitters

- Course 4 - Cookpigs pork belly, "Kettner smoked", watermelon, jalapeño, avocado purée
Oaxacan Dead
Mezcal, KEX Rum Blend, Pineapple, Lime, Passion Fruit, Pomegranate, Absinthe

- Course 5 - "Devil Donuts" ice cream donut sandwich
Madagascar vanilla, Mexican chocolate
Dominicana
Añejo Rum, Coffee Liqueur, Creme Fresh, Caramel
CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS ARE POLIETLY DECLINED

CANCELATION POLICY:
Any cancellation by Engager must be in the form of a 24hr notice or a cancellation charge of 25% will be charged to the credit card below

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-02 6:03 pm   Permalink

It was great attending the San Diego Bali Hai Meet-Up yesterday. It was a very good turnout and I enjoyed meeting new friends. Great service at the Bali Hai (as usual).

I gave your group an assignment of a "TRAVELING COCKTAIL BOOK."

Here is how it works:
~ Richard Ford has kick-started this activity for your group.
~ He will make one cocktail out of all the recipes in the book.
~ Then he will sign his name on the top of that page, place any comments on the bottom, and use the stars to rate the drink.
~ Then Richard will bring the book to the next Monday Meet-Up, report out on his experience, and pass the book on to the next person who wants to try this out.
~ Same action over again (make a drink, sign your name, comment and rate the drink, bring the book to the next meeting to pass on.

Your group has Kevin Kahuna's Volume II Tiki Cocktail Book.
Here is the link to Kevin Kahuna's cocktail books.
http://kahunakevin.com/

HAVE FUN!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-23 2:45 pm   Permalink

Hello Bali Hai'ers (Not sure that is a term) We have finished the majority of the backyard hardscape around the Sharkbait Bar and are considering hosting an open invitation to all from the Crawl and the Monday night crew to help me drink my rum. Anyway summer is a busy time and many people have plans to travel and such. Any suggestions on a weekend or date? Also can open the pool for adventurous swimmers (current temp 88') Please let me know if there is any input, hoping for a date in August...

PS. How is Mimi doing, hope she is back up !

View Profile of tamminjoe Send a personal message to tamminjoe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2015-06-25 2:26 pm   Permalink

I am good at helping to drink rum!

I think you can pick any date and most of us will make it work and show up. Don't have it during Tiki Oasis

It would be cool to see your place, looking forward to it!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-25 6:27 pm   Permalink

Mucho Mahalos for the great invitation. Bali Hai'ers is fine. This sounds like a proper gathering for us. For August, I would say Saturday the 8th or the 22nd would work. The 15th is Tiki Oasis as you may know. I propose that we potluck this so that we can all contribute to this event. We should do an RSVP to know the body count and then we can determine how much rum and food we will need to bring. I can help organize the appropriate assignments. Once you pick a date I can also announce it on the Facebook page.

Mahalo, John

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-25 8:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback. I this the week before Tiki Oasis probably be better, warm up for the big event. Pot Luck sounds good I can save my pennies for Rum!

View Profile of tamminjoe Send a personal message to tamminjoe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeffitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-06-26 6:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha San Diego Meetups Crew! I have hoped to join you for a while but real life has scuttled my Tiki life for a while. I hope to join you at the next Bali Hai meetup and beyond. My parents went there back in the day and I have loved this place all my life. All my best, Jeff.

View Profile of Jeffitiki Send a personal message to Jeffitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 25 days ago; 10:52 am   Permalink

Tonight! Looking forward to meeting you, Jeff; and thanks for the future invitation, tamminjoe.

See everyone in a few (well, a bunch of) hours.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 25 days ago; 4:24 pm   Permalink

I will be late to the meeting tonight. Will be leaving Fallbrook at 5:30 to 6:00 to head to the Bali Hai meet up. Please pass the word for the Sharkbait Bar Rum mixer on August 8th if I make to too late

Jeffitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 25 days ago; 6:47 pm   Permalink

Aloha all! Well, I'm stuck with work doing a special project - UGH! Sorry I have to miss the fun tonight. I really look forward to attending next time!

View Profile of Jeffitiki Send a personal message to Jeffitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 24 days ago; 1:40 pm   Permalink

Hello All! Well with the help of Mimi and Pinch we have set the date for the Sharkbait Bar party on 8-1-2015. I have been instructed to order everyone to wear swim attire, Beverages will be provided and some snacks. Please if you feel inclined to contribute to a pot luck it will be welcome. The Bar resides in Chula Vista near I-5 and J St. Please be kind and RSVP here or on Facebook so we know how much grog to have on hand. Look forward to raising a glass.....er Mug!

tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 22 days ago; 9:50 pm   Permalink

BTW tried to post the same information on the Facebook page. Apparently we are still pending approval to join the group,,,, guess I will drink Rum while I am waiting!

Tiki Slinger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 21 days ago; 07:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-09 21:50, tamminjoe wrote:
BTW tried to post the same information on the Facebook page. Apparently we are still pending approval to join the group,,,, guess I will drink Rum while I am waiting!

You're approved now. You're good to go!

John

View Profile of Tiki Slinger Send a personal message to Tiki Slinger  Email Tiki Slinger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 8:53 pm   Permalink

OK I have confirmed 10 coming to the Sharkbait bar this Saturday, anyone not on Facebook but monitoring Tiki Central thinking about attending? Please let me know

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation