FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-27 8:24 pm   Permalink

UPDATE 6/1 - Personally I like the challenge of Album Cover Inspired Art but I'm going to go the democratic route and pick the highest vote getter which was CANNIBAL!!!
Album Covers and Tiki Drinks were also top picks, maybe we can use one of those next time, both sound very interesting to me.
Jones, I did add Cannibis/Pakalolo to the list for future consideration. From my experience with the TC crowd that subject is sufficiently "tiki" and could produce some very interesting ceramic paraphernalia
******************************************************************************************

It's almost June, if we are going to have an Art Swap to end just before Tiki Oasis we need to start now.

For those unfamiliar with the concept, you make an original art piece (not a mold or a print) inspired by the theme in any media ~ could be a painting, digital, carving, ceramic mug, beaded, knit, sewn, mixed, diorama, whatever. Usually, at the end of the Swap you are paired at random with another participant and you swap art ~ you get theirs and they get yours. But the last one was a secret drawing circular Swap where you don't know who is sending to you until you get it in the mail.
Most recent Swap themes have been;
Sea Creatures of the South Pacific
Pele/Volcano/Fire
Ladies of Tiki
Birds of the Pacific
Papua New Guinea
Polynesian Menu
Shrunken Heads/Headhunters

Suggested themes have been;
Animal
Cannibal
Mixed Media
Mini
Life/Death
Skull/Bones
Water/Sea
Nautical/Pirate
Marquesan
Tangaroa
Ship Wreck
Music - Exotica/Hapa Haole/etc
Martin Denny
Hawaii Calls
Cargo Cult
Hawaiian Album Covers
Tiki Temples
Classic Tiki Drinks
Ports of Call
Cannibis/Pakalolo
Or some other theme

I organized the last two Swaps, it was easy and rewarding (besides, I got to choose the topic ) I could do it again or I could get someone else pointed in the right direction

If you are interested in this Swap and you were NOT on my mass-mailing e-mail list last time, drop me a PM with your e-mail address

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-05-28 09:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-05-30 04:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-06-01 12:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-06-02 15:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-08-11 01:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-08-11 08:39 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-27 9:12 pm   Permalink

Mike good to know you are back from Mexico. Thanks for starting up another swap. How about art that resembles a Hawaiian Album cover. Pick one and make art to resemble it in some way. That could cover most of the topics. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-27 10:19 pm   Permalink

Mike, thanks for heading this up again!

I'm in...

Peace,
Jason

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-27 10:36 pm   Permalink

I would like to do the new art swap.

Other theme suggestions:

Tiki Temples (anything based on the decor etc from famous old tiki bars/restaurants and other tiki places of note.)

Along the same lines another that might be fun is for everyone to choose a drink off an old tiki menu, and incorporate the theme of that drink somehow. Things like: Fog Cutter, Zombie, etc. Of course the real fun in this would be if everyone had a different drink they used.

Ports of call: various loosely tiki related exotic locations such as Shanghai.

Instead of being so open with the theme, you could narrow it to something specific too, and see how wild people could get within the confines of that theme. For example if I said "tapa designs" were the theme, it is narrow, but still has a huge field to play within.

Just some suggestions off the top of my head.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 05:25 am   Permalink

I'm in. Animal, Cannibal and Ship Wreck are my favs.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 05:34 am   Permalink

Count me in.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 08:54 am   Permalink

I'm in and I'll try to do a project that isn't ceramics in nature. Maybe!

I'm cool with any idea but cannibals appeal to me.

Thanks Mike for running this Art Swap again!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 10:08 am   Permalink

Don't want to say yes just yet because I have a bazillion projects on my plate and I might not have time.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 11:52 am   Permalink

Argh!
I'd love to get in on this, but there is this little problem:

Quote:

On 2013-05-27 20:24, MadDogMike wrote:
if we are going to have an Art Swap to end just before Tiki Oasis we need to start now.

Yeah. I'm already sweating coconuts with 79 days to prep pieces for Tiki Oasis. I'd be nuts to commit to a swap as well (especially since I wasn't able to get anything built in time for the last one!)

Big Mahalo to Mad Dog for putting this together - and I sincerely hope I can get in on the next one!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 11:55 am   Permalink

I'm in canibal sounds cool
but I'm down foe whatever woohoo!

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye Goto the website of anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 12:02 pm   Permalink

Count me IN.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 12:27 pm   Permalink

I'm in
Any topic

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 1:50 pm   Permalink

I haven't done one of these before and I've always wanted to - they sound like a ton of fun!

I'm in for this one!!

My vote is cannibal as well! but, I'm down for whatever the admin wants.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-28 3:00 pm   Permalink

Sounds fun, put me in Mike! I like the classic tiki drink idea, so many fun ones to choose from. But whatever you go with is okay with me. I haven't done one before, so do you need my email? I'll PM you with it...
Thanks!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 11:05 pm   Permalink

Mike, I'm in!

Animal, Hawaiian album cover option, Classic Tiki Drinks- all sound great to me. Looking forward to it again, and thanks (once again) for organizing!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation