FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-09 11:46 am   Permalink

Now that's some cannibal action!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 3:34 pm   Permalink

Kele- lookin good
Ano- my wrist hurts, I like it a lot
Moondog- sweet

Everyone is kicking BUTT.....

Jon

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2013-07-09 15:37 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 4:24 pm   Permalink

WOWZERS! Lotsa great stuff!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 10:48 pm   Permalink

Zero- awesome.....

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-10 12:33 pm   Permalink

ONE MONTH TO ART SWAP DEADLINE! So much great art already done and much more stuff progressing well. It's not too late to get in on this Swap, even if you haven't started (but it's time to get it on!)

Hang10 - Hit him with some 'roids and keep him away from the liquor, that jaundice will be gone in a few weeks.
Pikey - I like how you formed a nice drinking edge at the jawline. Very inventive.
Jones - You are TWISTED!!! But a very talented carver nonetheless.
Kele- Looks like a great diorama background, can't wait to see what you do with it.
TikiAno - Love that stew pot mug. Hope that glaze fusing works out for you, let me know if you have any questions
Moondog - Great painting. The nice thing about painting with rum is that you can drink the leftovers.

I'm been busy with other things so I haven't made much progress on my project. But I unwrapped it this morning and it's still in good shape for working, I was worried that it had dried out. Will hit it again later this week.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-10 1:20 pm   Permalink

Go Mad Dog Go...

tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 02:02 am   Permalink

Progressed a little more on mine. I am adding tapa style designs as "bands" around the top and bottom, but they are pretty intricate and I am having a bit of a hard time doing it. The dremel tool is fairly uncomfortable to use because it is so bulky and unwieldy. I am finding after short periods of time with intricate details that my hands start to ache badly and sort of freeze up. I have never experienced this before... is it normal when using a dremel tool? I almost dropped the tool a few times because of the pain its almost like a headache in my hand.

Well anyways here is what I got done so far... After some research I sketched in pencil the combination of a few designs.

Then I started the carving with the dremel.

Closer detail. Unfortunately my hand was getting a little shaky so the designs are not as geometric as they should be.

It will be a relief to finish the tapa details. I am not sure why they hurt my hand so much to do when the shrunken head was relatively easy and painless. I probably won't go as deep as I originally planned and maybe just do a paint wash so the color gets caught in the grooves to highlight them. I am tossing around the idea of what to actually DO with the bamboo when I finish, I am leaning towards turning it into a desk caddy to hold pencils and pens sort of thing by adding a bottom. Any other ideas?

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-11 12:46 pm   Permalink

ZeroTiki - I missed your painting. Nice, it's a cannibal-eat-cannibal world out there.
Tiger - That carving is coming along nicely. You might check to see if a flexible shaft attachment is available for your model of Dremel. The really helps because you just hold the headpiece, not the whole motor.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 1:28 pm   Permalink

Tiger- what uncle Mike said, a must have

It's looking cool.......

Jon

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 08:25 am   Permalink

I third that, x100.

Also, do yourself a favor and get one of these bad boys:
http://www.aajewelry.com/jewelry-supplies/motors-flexshafts/pedals/foredom-sct-pedal/?VariantGuid=70-021

That's the cheapest price for that one, hands down. They make a plastic one, but that one will last forever. And Foredom is one of the best brands in rotary tools for the dental/jewelry industry. Good stuff.

And remember, a little wiggle is okay. Hand of man.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 08:54 am   Permalink

Too many names to mention right now while on vacation but I just need to say everyone is doing such wonderful art. There is so much creativity in this group that these swaps are such a joy. Now we are off to tiki hunt. Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 09:51 am   Permalink

YAY!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-13 08:13 am   Permalink

Wicked good cannibal-isms all! Keep gnashing 'til bones break and the flesh bleeds!! If ya desire a taste of inspiration, take a spicy bite outta this: Eating With Cannibals

--or sign-in to YouTube for: Eating With Cannibals HD

...Happy Hunting!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-13 3:44 pm   Permalink

Jones, got that video buffering right now so I can check it out!

Quote:

On 2013-06-30 12:43, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Now that's good "Mug Engineering" Mike!

"Mud Engineering" ~ I like that ATP
The next step is to impale my trophy skull on a bamboo post

Because of the potential leverage involved, it will require some "mud engineering" and some serious reinforcement. I put two more slabs on the bottom to make it almost an inch thick. The problem with stacking flat slabs is the risk of trapping air between the slabs then it goes *BOOM* in the kiln I was pretty careful so hopefully that won't happen. A nice thick tube for the bamboo and a gusset to make it stronger (I hope)

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-13 5:46 pm   Permalink

Right on Mad Dog! I like the way you think.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation