FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-30 8:48 pm   Permalink

We be getting quite the line up

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-30 11:28 pm   Permalink

Kinny is in... Yay!

....and so many more people jumping in. This is going to be awesome. I just want to encourage everyone to hang in for the whole swap because we have quite a crowd forming this time around. And a bunch of new swappers!

Don't forget to reach out to other artist friends you have here on TC and encourage them to join the swap...

Thanks again, Mike, for being our fearless leader!

View Profile of TikiDaye Send a personal message to TikiDaye      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 10:05 am   Permalink

Thanks for doing the swap again MDM, count me in.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-31 11:44 am   Permalink

Skulls or Cannibals would be cool.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-01 09:54 am   Permalink

**1st post updated**

Personally I like the challenge of Album Cover Inspired Art but I'm going to go the democratic route and pick the highest vote getter which was CANNIBAL!!!
Album Covers and Tiki Drinks were also top picks, maybe we can use one of those next time, both sound very interesting to me.
Jones, I did add Cannibis/Pakalolo to the list for future consideration. From my experience with the TC crowd that subject is sufficiently "tiki" and could produce some very interesting ceramic paraphernalia

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-01 10:13 am   Permalink

I'd like to get in on this too - first time!

I was trying to figure out some Cannibal inspiration and came across this thread -
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=33940&forum=5&start=0

Before that all I could think of was the KFC commercial where the guy yells out "I ATE THE BONES!"

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-01 12:23 pm   Permalink

creepykbear directing us to that cannibal thread was perfect for inspiration. Thank you, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-01 1:38 pm   Permalink

There's always "Cannibal! The Musical" for inspiration:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93yOKPFxBMY

(Though not very tiki, it's the first film from Trey Parker, Matt Stone and the South Park team). Not suitable for all audiences....

Mike, I was hoping for album covers, too, but I'll chew on this idea (so to speak) and work on some directions for this swap. Looking forward to it!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiAno 2013-06-01 13:41 ]

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-01 4:47 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4O1A-mmBWw

Roastin', toastin', you're the one I'm boastin'
Eat me, eat you, incredibly delicious too
Gourmet, flambe, serve you up an entree
Intake, home bake, you're the icing on the cake

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-06-01 16:51 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-01 5:00 pm   Permalink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPpUFBVSyWs

One - You lock the target
Two - You bait the line
Three- You slowly spread the net
And four - You catch the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCV6paTXyCU
"Gotta find a woman Gotta find a woman"

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-06-01 17:04 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2013-06-02 05:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-01 09:54, MadDogMike wrote:
CAN
NI
BIS!

Jones, I did add Cannibis/Pakalolo to the list for future consideration. From my experience with the TC crowd that subject is sufficiently "tiki" and could produce some very interesting ceramic paraphernalia

Damn auto-spell...I was just trying to support Kinny!

Cannonballs are coool too, I'll get started right away!!

Tank'z MDM!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-02 3:25 pm   Permalink

Skip, those first two vids were very odd but the third is a classic Gottafindawoman, gottafindawoman, gottafindawoman ~ right on!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 5:19 pm   Permalink

So, in terms of tiki, can anybody provide some reference material/inspiration for cannibals? I don't suppose shrunken head stuff counts as quite the same thing? The only cannibal imagery I know of is the typical three stage tiki design, or the cliche cartoon of the guys in the cooking pot and I would like to try to go beyond that.

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-02 5:38 pm   Permalink

"I don't suppose shrunken head stuff counts"
What? Who do you think shrinks the heads?
shrunken head = cannibal to me.

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-02 10:31 pm   Permalink

Tiger, there is no Art Swap Theme Police ~ whatever says "Cannibal" to you as an artist, but it is Tiki Central so it would be best to focus on South Pacific cannibalism and not the Donner Party or Jeffrey Dahmer.

Cannibalism was considered to be part of many of the the cultures of Melanesia including Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Fiji, and Vanuatu, it is rumored to be still practiced by the Korowai tribe of Papua New Guinea today. Inspiration could be something "sensational" like a pile of bones, shrunken head, or stew pot. Or it could be an object related to the practice of cannibalism like a Figi cannibal fork or a Solomon Islands nguzunguzu (war canoe prow ornament)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation