FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-01 6:40 pm   Permalink

Jon (Hang10tiki)& I made our swap at Oasis. After Oasis I had a motorcycle trip planned with some friends so I didn't get a chance to put out Jon's great tiki. Here it is in my patio. It has an end table all it's self. Thanks again Jon, it looks great.
It was cool meeting everyone & putting faces to names at Oasis.
Thanks to MDM for putting this swap together.

Jon, The lamp looks good in your room!

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-02 07:44 am   Permalink

TikiPops-
The lil dude looks good in his new home.
Enjoy and thanks for the Kool lamp.
Great to meet you at Oasis.
Glad the motorcycle trip was a safe one.
Cheers

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-06 6:41 pm   Permalink

I received Pikey's Dog's great swap piece a couple days ago, but unfortunately my hard drive bit the big one so I've been a bit out of commission. I'm on a loaner now & will try to get pics posted this weekend.
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-10 5:00 pm   Permalink

Kele, its really nice that you let the person know. I'm not even sure if Polynesian got my bowl. Now response to my messages and no post here. ): Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-10 11:51 pm   Permalink

Ditto... I am still wondering if Tu got my bamboo after all the mail snafu, hey! it rhymes too!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-13 06:02 am   Permalink

How about another Swap. Perhaps a Xmas theme?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-14 05:28 am   Permalink

How many pieces are we still waiting on the final photos of?

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-14 08:08 am   Permalink

Jon, we have delivery confirmation on all but one piece. Not sure about pictures though?

Quote:

On 2013-09-13 06:02, AlohaStation wrote:
How about another Swap. Perhaps a Xmas theme?

Tom, what an awesome idea!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-14 08:59 am   Permalink

Just to confirm, mine arrived.

Unfortunately the 'blood' in the cooking pot wasn't fully set, and had 'run' in the post, wrecking the item in the process.

I'm afraid it ended up in the trash before I had chance to take pictures.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-14 3:14 pm   Permalink

Here is the groovy carving from the swap. I put it on my display of other art. This is the first tiki piece I have. I think it goes well with the machete.

<TU>

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-15 9:46 pm   Permalink

Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)

Posted: Yesterday; 08:59 am Permalink

Just to confirm, mine arrived.

Unfortunately the 'blood' in the cooking pot wasn't fully set, and had 'run' in the post, wrecking the item in the process.

I'm afraid it ended up in the trash before I had chance to take pictures.

===========================================================================================================================
It's really too bad that you didn't take photos or wait for the blood to dry. The one thing I know about being an artist
is that most things can be repaired and brought back. That's how I became a tiki artist. Dan brought me things that needed
a tune up. I learned this craft by doing repairs.

I think by throwing it out without taking photos so Kele could address the issue of blood in the cannibal house you
lost all possibility of having this rectified.

There was a lot of work done to make this scene. A cool piece of art is now gone forever. I'm glad there are photos still to enjoy.

A very sad story. It's time to get back to work for the next swap. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-16 11:28 am   Permalink

I would have like to see it too...

Kele- your art rocks

Jon

Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-16 11:32 am   Permalink

Wendy,

Believe me, if it could have been salvaged it would have - the item had obviously ended up upside down in transit, allowing the unset liquid in the 'cooking pot' to run.
This meant that the straw roof was stained, there was long strands of the stuff all over the painted background - and some of it was still wet, which I only found out as I was unpacking it (it ended up on me, my wife and the kitchen counter in the process).
This is the reason it ended up straight in the trash before photos could be taken - I couldn't risk it causing further damage to anything else because it really was that bad!

I wasn't going to mention on this thread about the damage, in fact I told Mike via e-mail as much, but it appeared that folks were complaining about the lack of feedback.

I was sorely disappointed with the whole experience and it's definitely made me think about my future participation in such trades (I'm already sitting the next one out), and your second guessing me in the post above has cemented my thoughts on this.

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-16 11:41 am   Permalink

ps.

I didn't want anything "rectifying" - I was just letting folks know what happened.

I wasn't blaming my trade partner - the blood could well have appeared 'set' to the touch, but was still liquid underneath.

I was just unlucky, these things happen, that's life.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-16 12:09 pm   Permalink

What was this blood made of?

And you should not feel bad as this art bomb was sent to you.
Wendy do you think he should have sent this back to be fixed,
then sent back to him after it was fixed?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation