FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 10:46 pm   Permalink

A true cannibal never eats and tells...

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 08:20 am   Permalink

This swap is starting off right, their is some amazing art works going on on this thread.

Well i roughed in the color and had a few more ideas (they will come soon) but so far it
is going as planned.

The Hunter

The eater

The ingestor

Enjoi and Mahalo

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 10:00 am   Permalink

PROGRESS!
"Food Chain"
10" X 10"

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 11:51 am   Permalink

Crap, I need to get on the stick! And rustle up some talent. You guys rock, as always. I'm loving what I'm seeing.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 1:18 pm   Permalink

Everyone's work is looking great- Anthony, love the bowling pin piece. Zero, intrigued where you're heading w/ this one.

Mike, it's a Laguna Clay that when high fired turns black. It turns a little lighter when bisque fired, then gets darker due to the manganese and iron content. I haven't used it before, but I've seen some work done w/ it from others at the clay studio I work at. Find more info:

http://www.lagunaclay.com/clays/western/wc391.php

Still waiting for the first part of the Art Swap to dry up, started working on another piece- still w/ the new clay. It's been a while, but decided to jump on the wheel and turn a lump of clay into this. There'll be more work to be done to this, carving, adding hand built pieces, and more. Here it is so far:

Look forward to seeing everyone else's progress!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 4:51 pm   Permalink

Ano looking forward to see where you go with that
Zero love the chain really cool idea

as for me i finally got around to mounting the turtle dish i got from lorilovestikis in the last art swap i had a cigar case and i was able to fit it in the box then i put a whole lot of holes in the lid to look like a shotgun blast and colored it accordingly and glued it together now the turtle dish is a lost artifact.

And then i got back to work on the current swap project the three amigos.
I am about half way done with the piece i got some line work done today and more color
added the dividers between tikis and had a great time doing it. But this will be the last, i
do to it for a While. Tomorrow i will be in the hospital with my lovely wife Kait,
as she brings our baby boy Hudson into the world. This will be number three for us and
I couldn't be any happier.
Mahalo

The Hunter with line work

The Eater with line work

The Ingestor With line work

The Bamboo divider close up

Hope you Enjoi and Mahalo

View Profile of anthonymaye Send a personal message to anthonymaye  Email anthonymaye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 6:14 pm   Permalink

1st Cannibal: I don't like your Mother-in-law
2nd Cannibal: Then just eat the noodles!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 7:01 pm   Permalink

ATP, good one.

"Why don't cannibals eat comedians?"
--- They taste funny.

Anthony, congrats on the (upcoming) new arrival!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-07 07:30 am   Permalink

Lookin good guys

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-07 11:13 am   Permalink

Anthonymaye -

I love what you did with the turtle platter, how clever! Cograts in advance to you & your wife on the birth of Hudson. I hope everything goes smoothly!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-07 1:10 pm   Permalink

Anthony, TikiAno and Zero - great work!
Congratulations Anthony & Mrs Maye. I realize this is the Art Swap thread but we are all family here - feel free to post a pic here of the little one, we would love to see him.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-08 3:32 pm   Permalink

Just for fun

I tried to copy Kinny's tissue background technique and for some reason (duh!) it didn't turn out anything at all like the master's.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
anthonymaye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 3:10 pm   Permalink

we are home with our little bundle of joy Hudson danger Maye was born june 8th 2013
7lb 10 oz baby boy and we are home now one more little one to paint tikis with.

Our ohana just got a little bigger

Mahalo

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 3:31 pm   Permalink

Well a big-ol congratulations are in order!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 3:42 pm   Permalink

A trader named Mort arrived in a cannibal village to offer trade
but the cannibal's would only call him, Stew....

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation