FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 3:44 pm   Permalink

A Frenchman, an Englishman and a New Yorker are captured by cannibals. The Chief goes to the Frenchman and says, "We are going to kill you, eat you, and make a canoe out of your skin!" But, being a considerate tribe, the Chief offers the Frenchman a last request. The Frenchman asks for a large cognac. Naturally he is granted a large tumbler of cognac, and is then killed.

The Chief says to the Englishman, "We are going to kill you, eat you, and make a canoe out of your skin!" and offers the Englishman a last request. The Englishman chooses a pint of ale, after which he is killed.

The Chief says to the New Yorker, "We are going to kill you, eat you, and make a canoe out of your skin!" and offers him a last request. The New Yorker asks for a fork.

"A fork?" asks the Chief.

"Yes, a fork."

So the New Yorker gets his fork & immediately he starts stabbing himself over and over again while shouting, "Here's your fucking canoe!"

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 4:40 pm   Permalink

Anthony Maye, congratulations on the new keiki!

ATP - don't give up your day job

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-10 08:12 am   Permalink

TikiAno I didn't do that well after a semester of potters wheel. I wish I was still trying but it really takes muscles to center the clay perfectly. Good job.

This is shaping up into a great swap. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 3:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-10 08:12, danlovestikis wrote:
TikiAno I didn't do that well after a semester of potters wheel. I wish I was still trying but it really takes muscles to center the clay perfectly. Good job.

it's really not about the muscles. You probably need to hydrate your clay more. hard clay is VERY difficult to center but once you find that perfect moisture content it becomes much much easier.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:19 pm   Permalink

Progress!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-10 10:55 pm   Permalink

Badd Tiki why didn't my professor ever tell me to soften the clay? I did use firm clay. Dang it, something so simple. My sister was a well known Oregon potter and that's why I took the class. It was horrible to add a C to my grade point average. Thank you, I think I'll try a wheel again one day and use your tip. Wendy

Zero Tiki I'd recognize your style a mile away. That's a very good thing and a fun work of art.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-11 07:38 am   Permalink

Congratulations! Looks like your wife was the third cannibal for awhile there!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-11 09:14 am   Permalink

I recently went to Smuggler's Cove here in SF and they have a set up on the wall of the Hunter, Eater, and Ingestor shown on Tiki-Kate's post! So cool to see them in person. I was inspired and did this drawing...

Thinking I might do a painting of this, or similar for my swap piece.

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-11 7:17 pm   Permalink

Congrats Anthonymaye!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-12 05:56 am   Permalink

Too funny Zero!
Great sketch Woody.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-12 06:41 am   Permalink

Here is the progress. I think I will call it "Fiji Fish Fry" I figure if I was a cannibal in Fiji and got tired of eating missionaries, I might want something that tasted like fish. The picture is kinda blurry, but you should get the idea.

mix it with rum

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-12 07:29 am   Permalink

Now THAT'S thinking outside of the box! Love it.

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 07:38 am   Permalink

I can't believe the participation already! Great clay starts TikiAno and Wendy. Anthonymaye congrats and your bowling pin is a strike. Aloha, er, um never mind, creepy contents creepy bear, Zero "Food Chain" is awesome, Woodtiki that cool sketch framed would be enough, and an excellent idea Tu!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:55 am   Permalink

I finished the face using my own by going back and forth to the mirror. Horrors! So now it is ready to dry.

Another great swap MadDog. Wendy

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:47 am   Permalink

So cool so far. I dig it all! I love art swaps. Truth be told, I have NO clue what I'm going to do. I have something in mind, but it's super not traditional. We'll have to see how it works out.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation