FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Silverlake Tiki Island
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Silverlake Tiki Island
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-27 11:15 pm   Permalink

The thing is, I don't really have a home BAR. I started collecting way before the home bar revival, and never got deeply into mixology because Jeff Berry was my neighbor and co-conspirator, so I never even tried.

So the artifacts are not kept in one rumpus-type room, the whole house is more of a Tiki museum. Recently, I had some fashion photographers over to use the house as a location for a magazine shoot. They did a "making of" video during it that really was beautifully shot. An exotic model always helps to enhance the collection, of course :

http://vimeo.com/65835750

It'll come up as a "private video", so put in the password "Juco". I call it "Waking up on Tiki Island"

Yes, it is not an Exotica soundtrack, and she's not the classic Eurasian Exotica girl - but it works for me!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2013-05-28 21:12 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-27 11:47 pm   Permalink

Sven, I have never seen any thing you yourself have been Cinematographer on
do you have anything posted that we can see?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 04:01 am   Permalink

I think you need more fashion shoots at your house! Cool video.

I don't know what I want more of...tiki or babes.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 06:44 am   Permalink

Tiki AND babes!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2013-05-28 08:52 am   Permalink

It's great to get a glimpse of the HQ & your holdings. Know anyone who could film a guided tour of the entire enclave? ;}

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-28 09:58 am   Permalink

Very nice Sven. I can see how it might be difficult to mix drinks for the neighborhood when Jeff Berry lives next door

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-28 12:33 pm   Permalink

Sven your house looks very cool.
And that video is awesome!
Great job!

Id say you need to do a video of Tiki.

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-28 2:00 pm   Permalink

Wow. Absolutely stunning!

And your house is really nice too!

Tiki museum is right - that is quite an impressive collection you have!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 2:30 pm   Permalink

Couldn't open the video.

Can you post some photo's of your place?

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 3:59 pm   Permalink

You poor guy! Did you have to stay there the whole time that hideous girl was there?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-05-28 4:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-28 14:30, Longboard wrote:
Couldn't open the video.

Can you post some photo's of your place?

The password field is case sensitive. Still not working?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-28 4:34 pm   Permalink

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 7:21 pm   Permalink

wow, its really hard to see all your super cool tiki stuff with that gorgeous woman in the way!!! I'll take one to go please!!!
Youve got an awesome collection bro!!! LOVE it!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-28 8:57 pm   Permalink

Here's some more snaps I took during the shoot, with some surrounding artifacts info:

African masks in the kitchen in the foreground

Witco "Tahiti" bar, O.A. Easter Island paddle in the foreground

Just lazin' around! On the left: Witco bowl bearer, concrete Mai Kai Tangaroa, Disneyworld hotel model,
On the right: Capiz shell UFO lamp, original Westenhaver painting, Wendy Cevola Tiki resin lamp, Witco guitar behind

Top to bottom: Mini Tiki Tony bowl, Tiki Diablo Marquesan drum bowl, Gecko Okolemaluna Lounge fishnet float bowl

On the porch, left to right: Resin floats from Kelbo's, rattan lamp from Exotical, mosaic float from The Tikis
Strickow bottle-style concrete lawn Tiki from local nursery, Leroy Schmaltz carved Moai in the background

In the bedroom: Witco couch, O.A. modern Moai lamp on the left, Tretchikoff portrait, Witco world on right

Stunned Witco God of Good Fortune on the right, framed Kon Tiki menu with my Tiki Ti mug beneath, Ken Ruzic painting on the right

Here's one for the Deadhead Rum fans (I posed the bottle)

In my front yard, with the Blimp

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-05-28 9:32 pm   Permalink

I agree, Sven you have the quintessential Tiki home museum. The video is delightful and leaves me wanting to see more of your fabulous collection. I never knew about Witco till you shared your love of it, I am still not a big fan, but because of you I appreciate it...I even got a Witco map this year for my dining room and am proud of it. It is great to see your Witco in your home, it helps me to be more appreciative of that kind of collecting. The difference between looking at TBOT and learning from that and posts about your home with pictures, is your love of display and how you relate items to each other. JMHO

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation