FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Adventures in art - Woodtiki makes things
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Adventures in art - Woodtiki makes things
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 11:57 am   Permalink

Hale Tiki, Did you post that because "Rose Maddox" was my Great Aunt (no joking)
or just the perfect song?

(Sorry about going off topic)

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 12:26 pm   Permalink

I posted it because it's one of my favorite songs. And I didn't know that. That's fantastic!

Derailed.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-03 12:27 pm   Permalink

Cool shelf! Is it done yet so we can see the finished pics? You had all weekend!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-03 12:26, Hale Tiki wrote:
I posted it because it's one of my favorite songs. And I didn't know that. That's fantastic!

Derailed.

Well you made my day!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-03 3:58 pm   Permalink

I'm so happy you started a thread here to keep your work together. I was going to say you are a triple threat but it's not even right to say quadruple. Good job on the necklaces, painting and shelves. Keep creating and having fun too, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-11 4:56 pm   Permalink

Okay, finished the shelf, so here are a few pics. It seems I already need another one though, should've built it bigger!

And one close up.

Also, I have been playing around with sculpting some mugs. I wanted to post pics before I have them fired, in case they don't make it! It has been so fun to sculpt. Anyway, here is my third guy...

Going to have them fired soon, so fingers crossed I get them back in one piece Thanks for taking time to check out my stuff!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:52 am   Permalink

I like those little tikis you have up on Etsy. I just came across them scrolling through the tiki art on that site. When I first saw them I thought they were gear shift knobs but I can see them working as planter sticks.

I love that shelf also! If you make any more I hope they are as interesting in design.

Look forward to seeing how your mug making progresses.
Best thing about these art threads is watching someone start off at one point with sculpting and seeing where they end up months/years later. MadDogMike is a great example of that. If you haven't checked out his thread please do..he is very inspiring

Hope to come across you at Forbidden Island or Smugglers Cove sometime!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 12:00 pm   Permalink

Dig the little mugs, man.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-18 08:26 am   Permalink

SandraDee - Yes, neat to see people's progress. I am taking a ceramics class and hope to learn some good glazing techniques. I have mostly worked in sculpey and resin cast, but I am really loving the clay! Thanks for checking out my work!

Hale - Glad you like!

Here is a painting I completed recently, for a show I'm doing in September/October this year. Going to have lots of tiki themed work. This one is inspired by the song "Moon of Manakoora".

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-18 1:43 pm   Permalink

Everything you do is fun to see. If your tiki mug is as thick as it looks let it dry very slowly and completely before you fire it. Best wishes, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 11:38 pm   Permalink

You should post the "Magic Marquesan" that you have on instagram. Maybe it's from one of the filters, but I love how the colors glow!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-22 11:03 am   Permalink

I just added some art to my other thread, in the gallery. Thought that might be a more appropriate place... Here's the thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45449&forum=21&start=last&1

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation