[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Fancy-ass juicer
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Fancy-ass juicer
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-01 9:54 pm   Permalink

Has anyone tried one of these juicers? http://amzn.com/B002XOB0P0

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-02 06:43 am   Permalink

I have two, and they rock. Couple reasons:
1) Extra leverage is built-in with the design of the handle and the gears.
2) As advertised, they extract up to 20 more juice than other hand-held juicers.
3) They are sturdy -- not made of "pot metal" like the cheapy metal ones you see -- but some sort of very strong plastic. This was important to me because I have literally had a cheapy juicer break in half in my hand, and I was very lucky it didn't cut me. So I quickly added this to my gift wish list and was eventually given two. A couple years later I still love 'em. One is in my home bar, the other in my travel bar -- convenient.
4) The capacity is larger than the cheapy hand-juicers - I can do all limes and many lemons. Large lemons can't be squeezed by hand in this device - jumbo fruits are what other types and sizes of juicers are still needed for.

I've seen these at Williams-Sonoma and other higher-end places for between $20 and $25. They come in colors (I have a black one and a green one) which is kinda cool. If you have the patience and the time, you should consider adding this to your Christmas or birthday gift wish list - it's an easy no-brainer for someone who wants to buy you something which you will really use.

Watch for imitations - it's only a matter of time before knock-offs show up out there. Stick with this brand, pay the extra money, and I think you will most likely be very happy.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 07:46 am   Permalink

I saw them yesterday at Sur la Table. They had three colors; green, yellow, and orange. The color corresponded with size, the orange being the largest. You might consider upgrading to yellow of you do a lot of lemons.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-02 08:22 am   Permalink

Very cool, I have not seen different sizes on the market before, so I'm thinking they had a lot of success with the first model squeezer and have now branched out to offering different sizes specific to various fruits. I'll look for them, and first, will measure the width of the squeezer I have.

Maybe they've stopped making my black squeezer, it's now a collectible, and I can sell it on eBay for millions!!!

I'm buying a lemon tree very soon. I just got a new Persian Lime and a new orange tree for my new home. I squeeze mostly limes for cocktails, and occasional lemons here-and-there. My oranges and grapefruit from the other house go through an electric juicer.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 1:34 pm   Permalink

I got one for less than that at a kitchen store in Charleston and it has held up well. It is the go to now for small quantities. I feared I would break it and that has not happened.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-03 1:59 pm   Permalink

"fancy ass juicer"

That's nice but what do you plan to do with all of the ass juice once you get it?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 2:07 pm   Permalink

I was drawn to this thread by the title "ass juicer"
It got me curious, but I have to say after reading through it
I am a little disappointed......

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 6:47 pm   Permalink

It warms my cockles to see so much joy from ass juice.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 8:21 pm   Permalink

I thought this was going to be about pro cyclists...

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 9:14 pm   Permalink

http://xkcd.com/37/

MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-03 9:28 pm   Permalink

Sorry to derail your thread

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 9:30 pm   Permalink

imagine if he had named it, "swanky-ass juicer"

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 12:28 am   Permalink

We natives are restless today!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 03:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-03 21:14, TikiTacky wrote:
http://xkcd.com/37/

Oh lord, Tiki Central has become the rest of the internet! Because on every thread on the internet, someone has an XKCD comic that references the subject.

Hahaha. Well played. And on that note, the oxford comma:

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-04 04:05 am   Permalink

This is a great juicer and the kind I have.
From the 50s.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-hamilton-beach-juicer-extractor-green-jadite-base-/111089463900?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dd72b25c

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation