FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut 55th Anniversay! July 20/21 2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tonga Hut 55th Anniversay! July 20/21 2013
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-07 01:30 am   Permalink

With custom umbrellas and Josh(Shag) will be at the event as well! It's shaping up to be a great party!!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 11:50 am   Permalink

Vendors and artists contact Eric October (Tobunga) to vend or be in the art show. The theme of the art show is----Tonga Hut.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-09 11:52 am   Permalink

Hey, that's the Moai on the front of the Tonga Hut!! Very neat.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 8:51 pm   Permalink

There hasn't been any other California bar to have SHAG onboard making a mug for them, has there?

Just goes to show that having Amy come on board as part owner has not only saved a beloved tiki temple from closing its doors but also paved the way for amazing events like this celebration is turning out to be.

Looking forward to seeing the mug come to life!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-11 10:29 pm   Permalink

Anyone have any info on the whole 55 of each mugs part? I imagine that it's going to be like Grog's tiki mug in that 25 of each color made? With this being Shag, I would imagine they'll fly out of the bar.

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 06:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-11 22:29, tikijackskeleton wrote:
Anyone have any info on the whole 55 of each mugs part? I imagine that it's going to be like Grog's tiki mug in that 25 of each color made? With this being Shag, I would imagine they'll fly out of the bar.

Where did you hear that info?

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 08:37 am   Permalink

This is probably were the 55 came from. These will most likely end up on ebay at that limited quantity.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 09:04 am   Permalink

There will be more than 55 mugs available.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 09:39 am   Permalink

OH MY GOD I LOVE THOSE MUGS.

My home bar is the Aku Aku. I love moai. I think that's my favorite moai that I've ever seen. If someone would be willing to grab one for me, I would be eternally grateful, and send good mana (read: tiki stuff) your way, as well as pay you back for the mug. (And you'll probably end up with a free drink too!)

I think that's also the best Shag mug I've ever seen. I dig it. DIG, man.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:40 am   Permalink

"Limited to 55 each." What if I want 56 of 'em?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tonga hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 08:32 am   Permalink

There will be 155 of the Shag Mugs. The original were to be limited. July 20th is the start of our holiday weekend. With music and specials , July 21st, those that vend on Sunday early will get first chance to purchase a mug, thank you Vendors!!!!

One per person(family) as we only have 155. Shag will be there!!!!

View Profile of tonga hut Send a personal message to tonga hut  Email tonga hut Goto the website of tonga hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 08:38 am   Permalink

I was just being silly, but thanks for the info. This is gonna be great!

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NautiTiki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-13 09:11 am   Permalink

Very Very cool! Can't wait...always love time at the Hut!

View Profile of NautiTiki Send a personal message to NautiTiki  Email NautiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 4:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha Everybody!

Here's the list of vendors:
Daveck
FilthyMidget
Hotiki
Jake Geiger
Krisdrama
Mahalo Tiki
Eric October
SandraDee
Amy Swenson
TikiJackSkeleton
Tiki Pops
TikiVato
Uniki Tiki

Many are first time vendors at the Hut!

The vending list is pretty full... might be able to squeeze in a couple more, then start a wait list!
Please let me know if you're interested in vending, I'll see if you can be fit in somwehere!

As Amy mentioned, no vending fee, and vendors get first dibs on the mugs and pendants for the event!
Set up starts at 10am, spots are first come, first served... the event kicks off at noon!

List of Art Show participants coming soon!

http://ericoctober.com

[ This Message was edited by: tobunga 2013-06-13 21:46 ]

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 10:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!

I was asked to design some 55th Anniversary fabric, and I came up with this... I wanted to get as many of the iconic elements of the bar in the design, so there is Big Mo, the Drooling Bastard, the waterfall fountain, and even the secret "forgotten" tiki by the front entrance. I tried to give the fabric a vintage feel to match the subject!

Here's the design

Here it is repeated

Amy wants to let everybody know that if they are interested in having something made from the fabric to contact TikiVal at
tikivalscloset@gmail.com (or send her a PM here)... taking orders now for shirts, dresses, purses, and more... prices will vary depending on the article of clothing and the amount of material required... please contact TikiVal for details!

If items are ordered in the next couple of weeks, they should be ready in time to wear to the 55th anniversary event!

Mahalo!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation