FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tonga Hut 55th Anniversay! July 20/21 2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tonga Hut 55th Anniversay! July 20/21 2013
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 3:24 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Tonga Hut!!

Here's my piece for the art show.

"The Tonga Hut, 55 years of Rum Soaked Fun"
Pencil and pastel mounted to MDF board with handmade papers.
Overall size 27.5" X 12"

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 5:37 pm   Permalink

Niccccceeeeee!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-18 7:58 pm   Permalink

Doug Horne rules!!!!

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-19 02:42 am   Permalink

#1. You must be at least 6"7" to ride this ride.

#2. No running with scissors.

#3. You must wait 30 minutes before swimming after eating a large meal.

#4. No elbows on the table.

#5. No shirt, no shoes, no service.

#6.No smoking in the house.

#7. You must be in bed by 10:00.

#8. You can't have dessert until you finish all your veggies.

#9. No running around the pool.

#10. You must wait until the airliner comes to a complete stop before unfastening your seatbelt.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the TikiTraveler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-19 10:31 am   Permalink

ALOHA!!!... Today is 'National Daiquiri Day'..and they mix 'em well at Tonga Hut!! Go down and celebrate their Annivs. early tonite and let's get this party started!!!....and does anyone know how much the mugs will be sold for??? Mahalo ....... (remember)"there's always Rum just around the corner"

View Profile of the TikiTraveler Send a personal message to the TikiTraveler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-19 6:55 pm   Permalink

What is the timeframe for vending? Also the bands are at 6 each day? I might be able to make it, but not until I am off work on Sunday and drive to LA. So I can be there by 8. Will there still be some fun times to be had? I am guessing YES!

Also, I hope that you are FIRM on the one mug per family. I REALLY would like to get one, but I realize that I might be late to the party.

Thanks for the info and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TiKiMaN77
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-19 7:27 pm   Permalink

Inks finally done. There's a story behind this pic that took place about 6am this morning, but I won't get into it here.

Now...Onward to Colors.

View Profile of TiKiMaN77 Send a personal message to TiKiMaN77  Email TiKiMaN77 Goto the website of TiKiMaN77     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-20 11:29 am   Permalink

Wow Billy! Looks cool!

I like how the Drooling Bastard looks like a 1920's cartoon character!

Here's a couple things I'll have at the show: Ceramic Drooling Bastard pendants and earrings!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-20 5:29 pm   Permalink

I'm out of town for work for 6 weeks in Texas and am really bummed I am going to miss this.

I'm hoping people post pictures here of the festivities, so I can get some mahalo out here in Texas.

Happy Anniversary to Marie, Lisa Marie, Sid and everyone else at the Hut!!

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-21 07:35 am   Permalink

Loading up to vend for the first time at the Tonga Hut. I will bringing a few lamps, vintage clothing, & misc. items.
See you all soon!

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-07-21 09:56 am   Permalink

GROG have a few ceramics.
Going to share a booth with Johnny Velour and his lovely wife.

Don't forget to have some ice cream today, it's National Ice Cream Day!! Yay!

See ya'll at the Tonga Hut.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-07-21 10:03 am   Permalink

GROG missed the built in joke it's National Ice Cream Sun-Day!!

and it's 15 Hot Dog Day!!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-21 10:06 pm   Permalink

Nice to see everyone today. Wish we could have stuck around longer. I just noticed that someone already posted the Shag mug on Ebay. Congratulations on 55 years. All of the art show pieces were very cool and we thought that Tobunga's piece had the best vintage vibe. Nice tequila sample from Deadhead too.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-07-21 11:55 pm   Permalink

Didn't have time to go get any ice cream while at the Tonga Hut today, but grabbed some on the way home---it was SOOOooooo good!

Nothing like having a limited edition SHAG mug to get a crap-load of people to an event! That's easily got to be the new best 1 day sales record for business at the Tonga Hut. Congrats EVERYBODY for putting on a stellar event, and for all the patrons old and new for coming and celebrating with us at the Tonga Hut. Congrats Doug Horne for getting first place in the art show. Congrats, Amy, Jeremy and Murph on Tonga Hut2 announcement. Good job Eric October organizing the vending and art show.

Thanks to all GROG' friends who came by and chatted, and expressed their concerns about GROG' upcoming heart surgery . Great to see everybody.

Lunavideogames, sorry GROG not around if/when you and your friends came back to Tonga Hut from hotel. GROG wiped out from long day, short amount of sleep, and home was calling to GROG. Nice meeting new friends and fellow TCers GROG hadn't met before. Not going to name everybody because GROG too tired right now to recall all names and not want to miss anybody.

GROG drag GROG' tired butt to bed now.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-22 01:19 am   Permalink

What Grog said!
Congrats to Dougie for the big win!
Grog you name names, Buddy!
X on the jukebox!

Stopped at Pink's on the way home to celebrate Doug's big win! need Tums's Badddd!
I tried my hardest to get Shag to post bad things on TC, he is to nice to corrupt!

Missed Charles Phoenix, damn!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation