[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Rancher builds new Outrigger bar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Rancher builds new Outrigger bar
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 08:31 am   Permalink

Check it out y'all! Devil came down from Georgia and built a couple of bars for the Sunset Tiki Party at the Postcard Inn. Here are a couple of photos to wet your appetite for the TAF(tiki as f*ck)Event. Check out more progress and party photos at www.tikirancher.blogspot.com

Hold on to your rum runners and zombies for the only place to get real tiki bars and huts. TIKIRANCHER.COM is coming soon!
Mahalo
The Rancher

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Blue Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 6:29 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Like the cantilever look!

View Profile of The Blue Kahuna Send a personal message to The Blue Kahuna      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 04:03 am   Permalink

Thanks kahuna
I love it too - I was going for something that didn't need poles out front - canopy out front is 10 x 10 to cover as many drunks from rain or the sun at once. Poles would get stumbled into all night - it was a fun event

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 08:28 am   Permalink

What'$ the co$t??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:43 pm   Permalink

From $2500 up to $5000 depending on options

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 7:24 pm   Permalink

I think Ben will build mine.........

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:28 am   Permalink

Yeah, shipping to costa misery may be cost prohibitive... I used to live in Laguna - love the area...good luck

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 4:00 pm   Permalink

$5,000? Please

For me Tiki's about using found material's. Like the bums before us.

$5,000, come on, That's seems crazy stupid

-Longboard

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2013-06-12 16:01 ]

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 5:44 pm   Permalink

Looks great.
The wind is going to shred that top, and may take the
bar with it I fear.
That's what it did to mine.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 04:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-12 16:00, Longboard wrote:
$5,000? Please

For me Tiki's about using found material's. Like the bums before us.

$5,000, come on, That's seems crazy stupid

-Longboard

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2013-06-12 16:01 ]

Commercial structures are a totally different monster. Especially when they have to contain fire proofing. As great as the beachbums before us were, good old uncle sam has taxed our rum to high heaven, prevented us from getting havana club, and has all sorts of rules about our huts.

Also, a brother has to make a buck to pay for his rum, and brother, bamboo is EXXXXXXXPENSIVE this days. Two 4" full rounds are like, $100. No joke.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 07:38 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Longboard 2013-06-13 08:08 ]

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-15 11:03 am   Permalink

I saw the invoice for all the bamboo....it was imported from Vietnam & was close to 2k.

everyone's a fucking critic...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-16 04:58 am   Permalink

Yes longboard
I agree that found objects are great but when you are building a legit bar made to be out in the weather for clients that are selling 10 dollar drinks behind it all day - $5k is the cost - I only use the best materials for the best results. Solid maple cabinetry, The commercial NSF stainless steel sink cost me $185 - find that washed up on your beach or the $6 ea ss carriage bolts - have you ever bought tiki skip globe lights $60 ea before shipping. Sorry you can't afford my work

tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-16 05:01 am   Permalink

Tiki skip
The top is totally secure
Two days after I delivered it and put it on the pool deck a hurricane hit it and she is still good!

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 05:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-15 11:03, pjc5150 wrote:
I saw the invoice for all the bamboo....it was imported from Vietnam & was close to 2k.

everyone's a fucking critic...

Yup. And this is part of why I haven't finished my home bar.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation