FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Home Tiki Bars ╗ ╗ New & Improved Jungle Cruise Tiki yard
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
New & Improved Jungle Cruise Tiki yard
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 09:18 am   Permalink

Hey all, just had a chance to start pulling out all my "supplies" for the yard after spending a week cleaning up and trimming trees and pulling weeds. although its a small condo patio, it seems like it takes forever to clean and stage for summer!
of course this is only after one day and one night of lugging stuff out of storage, more to come......

this of course is inside,

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 09:25 am   Permalink

here's the first photos, spent alot of time just cleaning the items yesterday, started painting boxes in French, but sadly the paint didnt want to cooperate! German pith helmet and British flag come in and don't stay out over night lol

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 09:32 am   Permalink

spent all winter looking for cool things to put in the yard, just unpacking some now, totally forgot about half of them, its like Christmas!!!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 09:39 am   Permalink

old foot lockers work great for storage of cleaning supplies and tools as well as non tiki items, who wants to see pine sol and bottles of tiki fuel just laying around?? lol

the small wooden British ammo box works great as a mini cooler, it has a metal liner and can hold ice and several bottles of water or beer

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 09:57 am   Permalink

I've got another 10+ tikis I still need to put out there, as well as more old trunks

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 2:37 pm   Permalink

GREAT Job so far.

I can see it only getting better.

The Jungle Theme is one of my favorites!!

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 3:20 pm   Permalink

thanks Longboard !!
Ive got a few painted signs, as well as boots, footlockers, and more Im still digging out, just gotta keep The Big Kahuna (my male boxer) from peeing on all my stuff!!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-06 3:26 pm   Permalink

heres some from last season.....

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-08 7:23 pm   Permalink

Oh my...love it love it love it. True that it can only get better, especially with more Tikis. You do a great job of displaying everything.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-08 8:01 pm   Permalink

What a cool/fun looking place - love the hidden tiki behind the large leaves

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-09 7:44 pm   Permalink

thanks guys! yea Ive got more stuff that needs to go out like some of these tikis!!!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 09:16 am   Permalink

had a chance to dress up my full size G.I. Joe last night and placed him for a display. of course, he doesnt stay outside all the time, he freaks out the dogs and when people come over, "who's in your backyard??"not to mention hes wearing a Pre WWII tropical Africa khaki uniform, Richard Simons shorty shorts, boots and helmet which doesnt react well to sun and rain lol

Bruddah Bear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 3:26 pm   Permalink

Where in the name of the tiki gods did you obtain a khaki British Foreign Service Helmet with a brown puggaree? Awesome.

Great job on the yard.

View Profile of Bruddah Bear Send a personal message to Bruddah Bear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-10 4:03 pm   Permalink

Looks great! Would love to see how it looks at night too. Some "jungley" Les Baxter in the background with some dim lights in the right spots would be awesome!

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 4:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-10 15:26, Bruddah Bear wrote:

Where in the name of the tiki gods did you obtain a khaki British Foreign Service Helmet with a brown puggaree? Awesome.

Great job on the yard.

LOL i prayed to the tiki god of "´nexpensive reproductions" i found it by accident at a local surplus store near my house, it was white with a green liner, I found what seemed to be the correct shade of Khaki and painted the helmet then I used coffee grounds to darken the puggaree. the helmet was made in aof all places Vietnam, who knew? lol
yea if I had an original Id keep it in an air tight safe! every one Ive ever found was crushed or turning to dust!
The khaki Richard Simons shorts are actually British marked and the coat is a Kriegsmarine Tropical jacket, which I never let out in the sun
thanks again!!
paul

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation