FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Gallery My Tiki Ti Lamp...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
My Tiki Ti Lamp...
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 5:55 pm   Permalink

...is also my first lamp. It was a lot of work but definitely a labor of love.

Been on TC since '08 and lamps have always caught my eye. I like 'em. Maybe not enough to ask Sven to do 'Little Book of Tiki Lamps', but... I've admired the creations of Monkeyman, Kahaka, Tikiskip, Bongofury and many others for a long, long time. Please know that you've all inspired me on this lamp.

It started when I saw this wicker and rattan object at a antique shop about a year ago and envisioned that it could possibly be used to make some type of Tiki lamp. My wife agreed and said "Yeah right." About $10.00 later, it was mine.

I was in Oceanic Arts a week or so later and saw this lamp from the Pago Pago in Tucson, AZ hanging from the rafters. Design ideas started to flow but laziness set in and basket thing just got moved around the garage a lot until around four weeks ago. As Kirby used to tell me "You just gotta do it." So I did.

With much help from my friend HB Tiki, here it is finished. HBT & I really enjoyed seeing it come together.

Tikiskip, you'd be happy to know that the lamp weighs under 4 lbs.

Mike Sr. was celebrating a June B-Day and that became to driving force to get this completed and although belated by a week, I was able to present it to Mike and the Tiki Ti last Saturday.

Then I celebrated with a good ol' Fog Cutter & a cigar!

Thanks for looking, Anders

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:08 pm   Permalink

Spectacular job A-Frame (and HBT). Can't wait to get the Tiki-Ti and see is hanging. Mike SR. must have been stoked.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:29 pm   Permalink

Great job Anders!

Maybe you have found your calling

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hottiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:47 pm   Permalink

Nice work...looks like Aframe gets an A+ !!!

View Profile of hottiki Send a personal message to hottiki  Email hottiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-10 6:50 pm   Permalink

It looks good! Tiki Ti needed a lamp like that to hang for the many decades to come.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-10 7:15 pm   Permalink

Great lamp! Nice work.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 7:42 pm   Permalink

WOW! Anders, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!

And I love the way you re-purposed a found object!

Can't wait to get over to Tiki Ti to check it out!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-10 7:54 pm   Permalink

Wow...great lamp and how awesome to donate it to the Tiki cause. NICE JOB!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 8:39 pm   Permalink

Very Nice!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-10 9:03 pm   Permalink

Really neat lamp!! I donated one a while back, and I think Tikiskip did too. Looking forward to checking it out!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:55 am   Permalink

That is beautiful!

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-06-12 10:59 am   Permalink

That turned great. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:26 am   Permalink

Anders,

Your lamp came out great! It's beautiful. You were very generous to donate it to Tiki-Ti for others to enjoy. (I'd have wanted to keep it.)

I'd love to know more about the lamp's construction if you're so inclined. If I could ever find anything good made of wicker I'd like to attempt a lamp.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-12 5:39 pm   Permalink

Wow!
That is a great job!!
I got tons of old wicker stuff that I wanted to make something with.
And I also have a light in the Tiki Ti as well.
Ha! Ha! Did kinda go nutz on the weight of my lamps, Think I'm done with that for now.
Awesome light really.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2013-06-12 6:08 pm   Permalink

Awesome lamp! I'd say that you are already a pro at making these!!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation