FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ Tiki Gallery Ľ Ľ More Tiki Ti Lamps...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
More Tiki Ti Lamps...
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-12 11:56 pm   Permalink

Wow Anders, very nice job and nice vision spotting that and making it into a awesome lamp.

TikiVato

[ This Message was edited by: TikiVato 2013-06-12 23:59 ]

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 04:09 am   Permalink

Well done.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 2:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for all the kind words everyone!

It's now hanging in the Tiki...

Did I say first lamp? Mmmmm...

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 7:37 pm   Permalink

Really nice!! Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-02 1:25 pm   Permalink

It's been a long time...so I thought I'd better get to posting some newer lamps I made up for the Tiki the last few years. All were born out of my love for the Tiki Ti and the people who frequent it.

I also need to say, that to me, Kahaka's lamps are the gold standard. If anyone ever needs to get motivated to create in the lamp realm, just look at Woody's work here on TC. I do and I'm always amazed and inspired by what I see. There's lots of others of you out there that I've drawn from too, know that you're all artist's in my eyes...

I made up a light string which can be read from either side depending on your perspective in the bar. Using a Roto Zip was a bamboo dust flying adventure.

Did a couple lanterns for each of the two corner tables just inside the door, it was a lot of fun working with resin for the first time.

Just after the Tiki's 55th anniversary last year, I finished one with a nice glow using a piece of vintage Samoan tapa...really like working with old tapa.

Currently working on another one for the Tiki and will post it then it's finished. I've completed several others and plan on posting some in Creating Tiki soon.

Thanks for looking!

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-05 06:43 am   Permalink

Wow, more incredible work, A-frame! I need to get back to the Ti and here's just a few more reasons to go!

Cheers to you and your great work!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-05-05 08:36 am   Permalink

Great work, I haven't been to Tiki Ti in a while, looking forward to checking these lights out when I am there next.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-05 2:23 pm   Permalink

Just finished this one for the Tiki Ti and hung it last Saturday. Used some very old Fijian Tapa with a lot of black and dark brown in it. Hard to get the camera and/or operator to show the true red color of the resin...the first photo is pretty close. Really like how this one turned out.

Thanks for looking!
AA

Jeff Bannow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-06 07:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2017-06-05 14:23, A Frame wrote:
Just finished this one for the Tiki Ti and hung it last Saturday. Used some very old Fijian Tapa with a lot of black and dark brown in it. Hard to get the camera and/or operator to show the true red color of the resin...the first photo is pretty close. Really like how this one turned out.

Thanks for looking!
AA

Love this! Any chance you are willing to make another for me?

View Profile of Jeff Bannow Send a personal message to Jeff Bannow      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-06-06 10:28 am   Permalink

Thanks Jeff, it'd be my pleasure!

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-09-10 7:34 pm   Permalink

I was fortunate that A-Frame brought this amazing piece to The original Tiki Marketplace in Garden Grove yesterday. The following pix show it in itís temporary location-the plan is to permanently locate it in our dining room. This lamp is big. Hope I didnít steal your thunder Anders but I could not contain myself. We are so proud to own this particulr lamp.
Mahalo

The starfish are the real deal

Bottom view

Light on.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation