FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New Tiki Bar Opening Soon In Ventura
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
New Tiki Bar Opening Soon In Ventura
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-26 12:38 am   Permalink

This was the grand opening and I had a great Clement VSOP and Creole Scrubb Mai Tai made by Scott Noble the owner.

Vontiki carved both of the awesome Tiki.

Had some killer food by Chef Jonny Machete who makes Sabu's famous chicken and serves it with his own secret sauce.

He raises it to another level.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-27 3:21 pm   Permalink

We wil swing by after the Kanikapila tomorrow - venerating my birthday island style!!!

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-28 9:16 pm   Permalink

This appeared in today's Ventura County Star newspaper.

Also, I propose this entire thread be moved to the Locating Tiki area. Does anyone else agree? Is there a way to do that?

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ho-Tep-Nefti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-01 09:18 am   Permalink

Stopped by Ventiki, after the Ventura County Fair. The fair parking lot was already full when we arrived, so we were directed on to Sanjon, and parked right across from a Joe's Crab Shack. Walked over to the fair (a decent walk), did the fair, then took another decent walk over to Ventiki. Enjoyed a Mai Tai and Dr. Funk, with Sabu's Spicy Coconut Chicken with secret Tiki sauce, and Beef Estrobo (a savory beef-stew type dish with carrots) served over sticky rice. Afterwards, did another decent walk back to the car, but stopped in at Joe's Crab Shack and scored some of their special glass Tiki mugs for $2.50 A FAB day! The drinks and food were good. Inside the bar was full, and since it was a nice day, we sat outside. They had just opened, so the patio was empty when we arrived, but was pretty full by the time we left.
The staff were very friendly and helpful!

I snapped this one, as we walked towards Ventiki.

Wall mural on the patio.

This becomes a fire pit, that they light when it gets cold.

Dr. Funk (Inspired from Trader Vic's, Oakland, CA circa 1946), served in the Foo Man Choo mug.

Mai Tai (Inspired from Trader Vic's, Oakland, CA circa 1944).

Waterfall on the patio (under the stairs).

Sabu's Spicy Coconut Chicken with Secret Tiki Dipping Sauce.

Beef Estofado (Savory Beef Stew dish with Carrots), served over Sticky Rice.

[ This Message was edited by: Ho-Tep-Nefti 2013-08-01 09:41 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ho-Tep-Nefti 2013-08-01 09:49 ]

View Profile of Ho-Tep-Nefti Send a personal message to Ho-Tep-Nefti      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-03 02:44 am   Permalink

Von Tiki and I checked out Tsunami Hour earlier this week. Mai Tai and classic Tiki drinks, all pupus, 50% off 4pm to 6pm, Monday through Thursday.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 08:34 am   Permalink

Well now that they have been open for a bit, do we want to think about a Ventura County Meet up after the fair of course?

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-23 7:16 pm   Permalink

Mint in a mai tai? Didn't dig it

The coconut shrimp skewers are good, and the decor is completely awesome

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-24 04:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-08-23 19:16, Tele295 wrote:
Mint in a mai tai? Didn't dig it

The coconut shrimp skewers are good, and the decor is completely awesome

Mint muddled, or just part of the garnish?

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-24 07:05 am   Permalink

I thought it was just garnish, so even after I removed it, it had an overpowering minty taste

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 10:04 pm   Permalink

We had a wonderful afternoon at Ventiki. The drinks were perfect and the prices were inviting. I recommend this great new addition to the Tiki community to everyone near and far. The cuisine, the decor and the clientele were delightful.
Special tip of the hat to Scott, a great host and perfect mixologist!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 10:09 pm   Permalink

Mint is not only the correct garnish in the classic Mai Tai, it gets slapped before it is put on top of the drink so that flavor is part of the taste experience.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-30 02:27 am   Permalink

I always put fresh mint in the Mai Tais that I make. I think a Mai Tai with mint is the perfect combination. I haven't tried a Mai Tai here yet, but generally even if you use a full mint plant as a garnish, it doesn't overpower the taste of the drink.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-09-05 23:31 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-05 11:22 pm   Permalink

The Ventura County Star has a nice article on Ventiki (Life,section D, Sept. 1) titled "spirit of Tiki",written by Lisa Mckinnon. Sven,BongoFury, and other students of our beloved polypop culture may find it a bit lightweight-others might find it interesting.
I cannot provide a link as I am not a subscriber to the VCS. I'm hopeful that one of our Ventura Ohana can lend a hand.
Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2013-09-05 23:24 ]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
keepitwildtv

Posted: 2014-04-21 12:49 pm   Permalink

They released the new menu a few days ago...I'll have to see how it is.

View Profile of keepitwildtv Send a personal message to keepitwildtv      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-21 6:30 pm   Permalink

They had Ventiki Whip (Dole Whip/rum float) over the weekend, but that is not a regular menu item at this time.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation