Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Skulls for your tiki bar
Skulls for your tiki bar
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-14 12:52 pm   Permalink

I'm always on the lookout for furnishings for my non-existent tiki bar. Since skulls are popular I thought I'd mention Bone Clones, which makes reproductions for museums and institutions: http://www.boneclones.com/catalog-human-adult-skulls.htm

I've got a couple and the quality is amazing. You have to take a very close look to know they're reproductions.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 11:45 pm   Permalink

Super expensive, but those are cool, man. Really cool.

I'm molding a cheap medical skull right now to make a bunch of casts, but those ones are niiiiiiiiice.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-06-17 09:54 am   Permalink

You can even get a Polynesian skull if you're really looking for authenticity: http://www.boneclones.com/BC-302.htm

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 8:13 pm   Permalink

Or for the more budget minded Tiki Bar there are always several on Etsy for FAR LESS money:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/126826052/plastic-human-skull-unpainted?ref=shop_home_active

http://www.etsy.com/listing/114317873/life-size-tao-skull?ref=shop_home_active

None of these are my shops but I did buy one of these from Lost Island Traders and it looks great!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-02 08:38 am   Permalink

To be fair, Bone Clones are meant to be indistinguishable from the real thing. I'd love to have some of those.

You can get plastic ones relatively cheap, and if you're good, make them look real from 5ft away.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2013-07-02 08:49 am   Permalink

Bone Clones products are frequently used by museums. As I mentioned, I have a couple and they really are impressive, even at close range.

Pikeys Dog
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-04 4:28 pm   Permalink

I've just started making Skulls in Ceramic - I can make them to order - POA.

Here's a few I've made already (not all Tiki!)

Cannibal Left Overs Tiki Bowl for the current Art Swap:

View Profile of Pikeys Dog Send a personal message to Pikeys Dog  Goto the website of Pikeys Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 5:00 pm   Permalink

Nice Pikey's Dog.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation