[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Ooga-Mooga and Humuhumu.com Viruses
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Ooga-Mooga and Humuhumu.com Viruses
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-15 08:00 am   Permalink

Just a warning to everyone who hasn't noticed. There are hijacker viruses and possibly others on Ooga-Mooga and Humuhumu's website. My anti-virus caught the latter but the Mooga got me. Took hours to clean and I'm not even sure it's been eradicated. DON'T click on the OK button on Mooga if it asks to update your image viewer.

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2013-06-15 08:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2013-06-15 08:02 ]

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-15 12:08 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a "Java exploit" did your Antivirus program
identify the virus by name?

I can post cleaning instructions for anyone else who gets infected.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-15 1:33 pm   Permalink

I love my Mac.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-15 7:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-15 12:08, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Sounds like a "Java exploit" did your Antivirus program
identify the virus by name?

I can post cleaning instructions for anyone else who gets infected.

No, I only had Security Essentials running at the time. Later I was using Webroot while surfing and hit Humuhumu's site and get only this:

Although, I also get that message on Mooga but it goes away in a half second.

[ This Message was edited by: Zinctiki 2013-06-15 19:26 ]

View Profile of Zinctiki Send a personal message to Zinctiki  Email Zinctiki Goto the website of Zinctiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-15 7:33 pm   Permalink

I wonder if she's using WordPress? WP exploits are the most common way I see sites get compromised.

Ooga Mooga is a valuable resource, but it would be nice if someone else could take the reigns while she's focusing on her new baby. That's a lot of work!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-15 8:52 pm   Permalink

Yea, it was blocking a pop up that attempted to use one of the many security exploits
to infect a computer, has anyone notified Humuhumu?

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-06-15 22:43 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-15 9:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-15 20:52, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Yea, it's was blocking a pop up that attempted to use one of the many security exploits
to infect a computer, has anyone notified Humuhumu?

I sent her an email yesterday.

Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-15 9:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-15 19:33, TikiTacky wrote:
I wonder if she's using WordPress? WP exploits are the most common way I see sites get compromised.

Ooga Mooga is a valuable resource, but it would be nice if someone else could take the reigns while she's focusing on her new baby. That's a lot of work!

One thing I will recommend: If Winpatrol wasn't running I wouldn't have known of the hijacker trying to install itself. I highly recommend it to anyone using Windows.

Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-18 6:08 pm   Permalink

Well, I alerted Humu via Facebook but haven't heard back.

Maybe it's fixed?

I haven't noticed any problems with Ooga Mooga as a user or through my limited access as a template builder/administrator. Then again, I use a Mac, so maybe it's not targeting me.

Please let me know if the problem is persisting and I will try to contact Humu again and let her know.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-18 6:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-18 18:08, Trader Tom wrote:
Well, I alerted Humu via Facebook but haven't heard back.

Maybe it's fixed?

I haven't noticed any problems with Ooga Mooga as a user or through my limited access as a template builder/administrator. Then again, I use a Mac, so maybe it's not targeting me.

Please let me know if the problem is persisting and I will try to contact Humu again and let her know.

Just checked both sites. Webroot says the exploits are still there. I'm using Firefox on Win7. Anyone using those should avoid the sites for now.

Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-18 6:53 pm   Permalink

Darn! Okay, I'll message Humu again and give her the link to this thread. I'll let you know when I hear back.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-18 8:28 pm   Permalink

I heard from Humu and she is aware of the problem and will take care of it as soon as she can. I will keep you updated.

Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-20 1:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks. I just checked Mooga and no error that I saw. Humu's site is still infected.

El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-07 10:15 pm   Permalink

Any update on this? I have been hesitant to go to the site. I have also noticed others recently linking to the site in other posts who probably have no idea of the issue.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zinctiki
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-12 5:08 pm   Permalink

I just checked both sites and got no warnings from my AV (Webroot SecurityAnywhere) so they should be fine.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation