[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Back Yard Tiki Bar in Michigan
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Back Yard Tiki Bar in Michigan
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-23 10:28 am   Permalink

TIKI-KITTY
"As a Clevelander who deals with snow 5 months out of the year...a warning: it will break your heart to see snow on your oasis! >:(
BUT- looks like you are off to a great start! Enjoy!!"

not that bad, it gives you a reason to pack it up
and head to the KEYS for winter.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI DAVID 2013-06-23 10:30 ]

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JB04

Posted: 2013-06-23 1:31 pm   Permalink

Yeah, It does suck that we have snow to deal with in the winter. We have a good 7 months of tiki-bar time though. I love the artificial palms too. I'm looking to get a few. Bananas and canas plants are growing now, they are coming in good...Just started all this though. But all us neighbors (12 of us) are having a great time. We swim at my neighbors in-ground pool during the day, and drink at the tiki bar at night. Its a blast. I have so many more plans its not even funny. Next is the landscapping and getting more "tropical", its just so darn expensive. Oh well, Rome wasn't built in a day.

[ This Message was edited by: JB04 2013-06-23 14:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: jb04 2013-06-23 14:19 ]

View Profile of JB04 Send a personal message to JB04      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-23 4:00 pm   Permalink

Welcome to TC, looks like you have got a great start and some links to local Ohana for product ideas. Have fun!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-23 6:31 pm   Permalink

Tiki David,

Is that your artifical palm? Where did you get it from? I'm having a hard time finding outdoor, snow worthy artificial pams that don't cost close to $1K or more. Any sources, let me know!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-24 1:36 pm   Permalink

I see you have already experienced the "joy" of seeing your tiki bar covered in snow! Yikes!!
It sure makes you enjoy the nice months, though right?!

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 07:24 am   Permalink

Man, I wish I had your backyard! I miss grass and privacy fences. Good luck on feeding the monkey, hehe.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 11:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-23 18:31, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Tiki David,

Is that your artifical palm? Where did you get it from? I'm having a hard time finding outdoor, snow worthy artificial pams that don't cost close to $1K or more. Any sources, let me know!

It was a gift from some friends, but I do know it was around that $1000.00 /plus mark.
it is about 10 yrs old.and I think the price has come down a lttle, and selection
& styles have improved.

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMeplus3
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-25 8:26 pm   Permalink

Nice job, it addiction so look out next this you know you have this in your back yard..

View Profile of TikiMeplus3 Send a personal message to TikiMeplus3  Email TikiMeplus3     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JB04

Posted: 2013-06-26 12:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-25 20:26, TikiMeplus3 wrote:
Nice job, it addiction so look out next this you know you have this in your back yard..

I love it. I really like the decor. You cant tell if thats on a beach somewhere or in Michigan. Nice job!

View Profile of JB04 Send a personal message to JB04      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-26 3:37 pm   Permalink

Great job on the roof, it really makes the place.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation