FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » New French Tahiti inspired living room and Bar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New French Tahiti inspired living room and Bar
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 6:29 pm   Permalink

well for some time now, the tikis have been creeping in from both the outside and from the back bedroom to take over the living room! so now Im building an inside bar and display shelf for the tiki mugs, heres the first few pix so far.....

the 3 paintings are by a local artist named Quirno "Cory" Martinez

most of the tikis are Fiji style ones also

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2013-06-17 6:38 pm   Permalink

Fabulous art, delightful Tikis and loving that safari decor on the table. GREAT JOB!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 6:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks again!!!!!
thats why your my fav member!!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 9:04 pm   Permalink

Cool! A little off the beaten path . I like your Hula Slut. Does she have a sister?

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 9:12 pm   Permalink

thanks, yea Hula slut does have a sister

Club Nouméa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 12:37 am   Permalink

Bienvenu au Pacifique français !

Might I suggest some vintage airline posters? This one, by Arthur Thompson, advertising New Zealand's Tasman Empire Airways Limited, is a favourite of mine which I have up on my bedroom wall:

http://media-cache-ec2.pinimg.com/originals/9a/32/51/9a325113d15da7ddf66461792cf31774.jpg

This one is quite cool too:

http://www.antiquesreporter.com.au/index.cfm/lot/194829-tahiti-fly-teal-98-x-62-cm/

Toto, j'ai l'impression que nous ne sommes plus au Kansas !

[ This Message was edited by: Club Nouméa 2013-06-19 00:50 ]

View Profile of Club Nouméa Send a personal message to Club Nouméa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 01:21 am   Permalink

wow i love both of them, i do have a large group of French Colonial recruiting posters aimed at asia and africa I was thinking about putting up but I like yours too!!! now Ive just gotta drag in all the ols suit cases and steamer trunks lol
paul

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 11:16 am   Permalink

"Hula Slut!" That is great.

You made my day!!!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 12:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-19 11:16, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
"Hula Slut!" That is great.

You made my day!!!!!

Glad to hear it Lori!! yea the local artist who painted it does alot with that!!! I want him to do me up a "Tiki Slut" next!!!

Ive got a few old drink and food menues Im going to frame and put up in the kitchen too

White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2013-06-20 11:23 am   Permalink

Great take on tiki decor. Who did the boat carving on the mantle?

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2013-06-20 9:45 pm   Permalink

You're keeeeeeling me with those vintage print travel posters. Definitely going to decorate my garage with some of those one of these days. I have always been attracted to them...that Madagascar one is spectacular...it really sets the stage for mystique and intrigue...a perfect backdrop for the slutty art!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 10:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-20 11:23, White Devil wrote:
Great take on tiki decor. Who did the boat carving on the mantle?

thanks so much, it came from Jason and Smokin'Tiki
I got a deal since some of the heads were broken off

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 10:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-20 21:45, VampiressRN wrote:
You're keeeeeeling me with those vintage print travel posters. Definitely going to decorate my garage with some of those one of these days. I have always been attracted to them...that Madagascar one is spectacular...it really sets the stage for mystique and intrigue...a perfect backdrop for the slutty art!!!

Ive had these for a while and have always loved the art work from the era, and was just looking for a reason to frame them and put them up! ive got some really neat british and German ones too, I'll have to post!!!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 5:07 pm   Permalink

what people throw away!!!!!!
found this two days ago and spent a day cleaning it and re-staining the wood......

going to make it into a cooler

Longboard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-25 6:03 pm   Permalink

You really have a great eye for picking the right stuff and putting it together.

Great tiki's and old time radio.

-Longboard

View Profile of Longboard Send a personal message to Longboard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation